WBPDS Ration Card | West Bengal Public Distribution System allocates the WBPDS Ration Card to the needy. Only West Bengal resident can avail the services of this ration card. Primarily, West Bengal PDS Ration card is issued to the households, against which the deserving families can avail basic necessities. These basic necessities include food grains, sugar, kerosene, wheat, and fuel at a subsidized rate. However, WBPDS ration card also works as a proof of identity and address before documents like Aadhaar card and PAN Card came into being.
- 1 Purpose of Ration Card
- 2 Types of WBPDS Ration Card
- 3 Eligibility Criterion to Avail WBPDS Ration Card
- 4 Documents Required to apply for a WBPDS Ration Card
- 5 How to Apply for a WBPDS Ration Card – wbpds.gov.in
- 6 WB Ration Card Status – wbpds.gov.in
- 7 WBPDS Ration Card Department Details & Information
Purpose of Ration Card
The Ration Cards acts as an Official Document which is issued by the Government of India. The Food and Civil Supplies Department of West Bengal Government provides various online and offline procedures by which one can apply for a WBPDS Ration Card in West Bengal. Also, through that website one can check their ration card status, How to apply for a duplicate ration card; make the correction in ration card, etc.
Types of WBPDS Ration Card
Keeping all strata of the society in mind, ration card had been categorized so that deserving candidates can make the best use of the card provided by the government. West Bengal ration card has been divided into three types; let’s take a look at different categories of ration card:
- Antodaya Ration Card – This card provides highly subsidized food to millions of the poorest families. And it is issued to those people who do not have a stable income especially the old age people or the unemployed people.
- Above Poverty Line Ration Cards (APL) – This ration card is issued to people with higher annual income. This category people are not liable to get food grains at a subsidized rate however, they can use this card as an identity proof.
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card (BPL) – Below poverty line ration cards are issued to people whose income is less than 10,000 per annum and are liable to get food grains and other basic necessities at a lowest subsidized rate.
Eligibility Criterion to Avail WBPDS Ration Card
In West Bengal or be it any other state, ration cards are provided by verifying eligibility criteria of recipient. This process makes sure the deserving candidates get a fair chance to benefit from the government policies. Below is the list of eligibility criteria to avail a WBPDS ration card in West Bengal.
- The first criterion in order to possess a ration card is to be a citizen of India as Non – resident of India (NRIs) are not eligible to apply for a ration card in any Indian State.
- Also, the candidate must possess West Bengal domicile. That means only West Bengal resident can avail the benefits of the WBPDS Ration Card.
- Along with that, the applicant is required to be the head of the family to apply for a ration card
- In case an applicant is shifting their place of residence, they are required to submit a surrender certificate in order to get a ration card.
- The applicant has to submit a certificate mentioning that the individual does not have any extra Ration Card applied.
- In case of marriage or birth of a child, the individual has to submit the marriage certificate or Birth Certificate
Documents Required to apply for a WBPDS Ration Card
Proof of identity and proof of address is an important document to apply for a ration card. Below is the list of important official documents which are suggested to keep handy before applying for a ration card for a smoother application
- Photograph of the family head.
- Photo identity card such as Passport, Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, etc.
- Address Proof (utility bill, telephone bill, etc.).
- Neighbour Witness (At least 2).
- Age and Income – Certificate.
How to Apply for a WBPDS Ration Card – wbpds.gov.in
Beneficiaries may apply for the WBPDS Ration Card in Offline or Online method. This is for the convenience of the citizen. Availability of Offline and Online application may decide which mode the beneficiary chooses. Below we are explaining both the methods. The Offline way by which you can apply for a West Bengal WBPDS Ration Card is:
Offline method is still a suitable method for people those who are not well – versed with the internet and also does not have a secured internet connection. Hence, if you want to apply for a ration card offline, follow the given procedure:
- You are required to visit the PDS (Public Distribution System) office and ask for an application form to apply for a West Bengal Ration card.
- Fill the form properly.
- Attach the required documents such as Residential proof and Photo identity proof.
- Attach the Income Proof and Age Proof of the head of the family along with the application form.
- Verify the details that you provide in the WBPDS Application Form.
- Submit it in the office itself.
If accessible, you may apply online for the WBPDS Ration Card. Follow these simple steps and fill in your online form.
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Public Distribution System – wbpds.gov.in
- On the menu banner, move your cursor toward “Features”.
- In the fourth column, select the option of “View Forms”.
- Select the Ration Card form and download to fill. Or –
- Simply click on the Application Download link provided here.
- Download the form above, fill in details, print the filled Application Form.
- Submit the Application Form with required documents in the nearby Ration Card Office.
WB Ration Card Status – wbpds.gov.in
Once applied, it is important to keep track of your ration card. You can read below to know how to check the status of your ration card in West Bengal:
- To check the ration card status in West Bengal, you are required to visit the official site of WBPDS.
- Click on the “check status online” option on the home page and enter the required information such as your District, Block / Municipality,
- Enter the last 8 digits of application number, and also 16 Digit of the application number.
- Click on the “search option” and the status of your ration card will be displayed on your screen.
WBPDS Ration Card Department Details & Information
For further queries you can refer to the given information which is as follows:
|Some Important Link|
|Apply For West Bengal Voter ID Card|
|Appy Here For West Bengal Driving License|
|West Bengal IFSC Code|
|West Bengal Pin Code|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account|
Name of the Department: The Food and the Civil Supplies Department
The Food and the Civil Supplies Department,
APC Road, Syam Bazar,
Kolkata, Pin Code-740004.
Contact Number: 033 55337639
Official Website: https://wbpds.gov.inRation Cards in India[/su_button