Voting is a fundamental process that keeps our system of government working. In a democratic country like India, voting plays a crucial part in the system, where citizens of the country given the power to participate in the elections and cast their votes to choose the leaders of the country.
As India is the largest democratic country with vast population, voting malpractices like bogus voting, multiple votes by a person, cash for votes etc. were common practices. To prevent these kinds of derelictions, Government have introduced Voter ID card in 1993. It is an official document offered by the Indian Government certifying that the holder is qualified to cast his vote.
In India, to hold a regular, free and fair election is at the heart of the system where elections of the legislative assembly take place in every 5 years where Indian electorate choose the members of the Vidhan Sabha or legislative / state assembly. Hence it is important to procure your voter ID card and utilize the power given to us.
Madhya Pradesh legislative assembly election will be held in 2018 to elect members of the 230 constituencies in Madhya Pradesh.
- 1 How to Apply for Voter ID Offline in Madhya Pradesh
- 2 How to Apply for Voter ID Online in Madhya Pradesh
- 3 Documents required to apply for a Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh
- 4 How to Track Status of your Voter ID Application in Madhya Pradesh
- 5 How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh
- 6 Process of Voter ID Card Correction Offline in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Process for Change of Address in Voter ID offline in Madhya Pradesh
How to Apply for Voter ID Offline in Madhya Pradesh
There are still a large number of populations who still prefer offline methods instead of online methods as they are not familiar with the online application process or does not have access to a secured internet connection.
For them Election Commission of India offers an offline process to get a new voter id. Where the applicant needs to get an application form and submit it with other documents at the Electoral office to enrol for a new Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh.
Read the steps below to apply offline for a Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh:
- Get an application form
- Fill the form properly and provide all the necessary KYC (Know Your Customer) documents.
- Once your application is accepted, the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) will visit your place for verification purpose.
- Once the verification is done your Voter ID will be printed and sent to your residential address
How to Apply for Voter ID Online in Madhya Pradesh
Election Commission of India has introduced an online portal to apply for a voter ID card. Online procedure helps save time and makes the procedure hassle free.
Follow the steps below to apply for a voter ID online in Madhya Pradesh:
- Log in to the official site of Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh http://ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in/
- Click on ‘Online Services for Voters‘ on the homepage
- Select your state and Assembly or Parliamentary Constituency from a dropdown menu before filling in your personal details
- In the applicant’s detail part of the form, you will be required to enter name, surname, gender, age, details about place of birth and parent’s or spouse’s name.
- Also, provide details of a family member or neighbour who is already a member of the electoral roll for your assembly constituency
- Once you have filled the form, save the details and upload all the required documents
- Once you have filled the form and submitted the required documents, the Booth Level Officers (BLO) may pay you a visit for the verification purpose.
- After approval, the ECI will send the Voter ID card to your place of address.
Documents required to apply for a Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh
Below is the list of documents needs to be submitted while applying for a voter ID
Proof of age (submit any one of the following)
- 10th grade certificate
- Birth certificate
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar card
- Senior citizen card
Proof of address (submit any one of the following)
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Telephone bill
- Bank passbook
- Driving license
- Ration card
How to Track Status of your Voter ID Application in Madhya Pradesh
Online way of tracking Voter ID Card Application Status
Follow the below steps in order to track the status of voter ID application online:
- Log on the official website of Chief Electoral Office (CEO) http://ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in/
- You can opt to check the status of a new registration or an updation
- Enter your registration ID in the given box
- Click on “Show status” to see the status
Tracking Voter ID via ECI (Election Commission of India) Helpline
You can also track the status of your Voter ID through ECI (Election Commission of India) provided by the Government. The service is available from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- To check the status of the Voter ID card via ECI helpline number call on the toll free number 1950
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID in Madhya Pradesh
In case your voter ID is stolen or lost, you can also apply for a duplicate voter ID easily.
Keep reading to find out how to apply for a duplicate voter ID card:
- In case of voter ID is stolen, lodge a FIR immediately at the nearest police station. There you may have to provide information like place of loss, date of loss, Voter ID number and other such details
- Procure Form 002 (duplicate voter id card form) from Election Commission of India (ECI)
- Provide documents like address proof, identity proof and age proof along with Form 002.
- Submit the form along with the required documents at your constituency
- If all details are found to be correct, the new Voter ID will be sent to your home address.
Process of Voter ID Card Correction Offline in Madhya Pradesh
In case of any error in your voter ID card, you must rectify it by visiting your nearest Election Commission Office (ECI)
- Procure Form 8 (Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll) from the nearest ECI office or you can also download the form from the website
- Fill in the required details carefully
- Provide required documents like photographs, address proof, age proof and identity proof along with the form
- Submit all documents at the nearest Election Commission Office
- Once your form and your documents are accepted, new updated Voter ID will be sent to your home address.
Process of Voter ID card correction Online in Madhya Pradesh
It is very important to revise the voter ID card in case of any printing mistake or you must get it corrected immediately as the Voter ID card acts as your identity
Here are the steps to make corrections in your Voter ID online in Madhya Pradesh:
- Visit official website of Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh http://ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in/
- select ‘Online Services for Voters’ in the homepage
- In the result page choose Form 8 (Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll)
- Once you choose the Form 8, you will be redirected to National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP)
- In Form 8, you are required to enter details like your State and Parliamentary Constituency.
- you will have to enter your name, part number of electoral roll, serial number in the part, age, gender, particulars of place of present address, details of other EPIC (Elector’s Photo Identity card) which was issued in some other constituency.
- Once the information is correctly filled, attach the supporting documents
- Once the form is submitted, your details will be verified and changed in your Voter ID card
Process for Change of Address in Voter ID offline in Madhya Pradesh
In case you have shifted to a new place, it is important to change your address on the Voter ID card:
- Get Form 8 (Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll) from the nearest Election Commission of India (ECI) or you can download it from the National Voter’s Services Portal website
- Provide required documents like proof of address and proof of age and submit it at your constituency
- Your application will be reviewed and the new Voter ID will be sent to your home address by the Election Commission Office.
Process of Change of Address in Voter ID online in Madhya Pradesh
Election Commission of India (ECI) provides the online facility to change address. Which in case a voter have moved to a new place is required to change the address as soon as possible
- Visit the official website of Chief Electoral Office Madhya Pradesh http://ceomadhyapradesh.nic.in/
- Select ‘Online Services for Voters’
- In the result page, Form 8 will be displayed
- Select your State and Assembly or parliamentary constituency
- Provide information like your name, surname, EPIC (Electors’ Photo Identity Card) number, husband’s name / parent’s name, post office, district, mobile number, email ID etc.
- And upload your KYC (Know Your Customer) documents
- If your application is accepted, your address will be changed in your voter ID card.
As Government has mandated the linking of Aadhaar. Check here how to link Voter Id Card with Aadhaar Card in just a few simple steps.