The Voter Identity Card is also called the Electoral Photo Identity card or the EPIC card. In India, there are numerous identity cards like PAN card, Aadhaar card, ration card etc. All these cards are important and have their own unique purpose. The Voter Id card is meant to identify those people who are eligible to vote or take part in elections. Gurgaon also known as Gurugram has a population of more than 800,000 people and is governed by a Municipal Council. Every five years citizens of Gurgaon exercise their Right to Voter in Municipal, State and Union elections.
In India, every individual who has reached the age of 18 years are eligible to vote and take part in an election. Unlike other cards, the significance of the Voter Id card is that it is also used as a proof of Indian citizenship. Thus, it acts as a mandatory KYC document for almost all deals and processes be it government, private, national or international.
The right to vote is a fundamental right provided to every Indian citizen by the constitution of India. The constitution states that every Indian Citizen who has reached 18 years of age have the right to vote irrespective of caste, class, creed, gender etc. As a responsible citizen, every one of us should cast our vote during the time of an election. In order to vote and fulfill our duty as a good citizen, we need the Voter Id card.
- 1 Steps To Apply For A Voter Id Card In Gurgaon
- 2 How To Apply For A Duplicate Voter ID Card in Gurgaon Haryana
- 3 Ways To Track Application Status of Voter Id Card In Gurgaon
- 4 Things To Remember
Steps To Apply For A Voter Id Card In Gurgaon
Earlier the task of applying for a Voter Id card was not easy as a person had to go through a numerous verification and documentation process.However, with the introduction of the online portal by the government this task has become much easier than before.There are two avenues by which a person can apply for a Voter Id card in Gurgaon, that is, either via the online portal or by enrolling offline.The details of the method of enrollment are given below:
Apply for Voter Id Card Online in Gurugram Haryana
The following steps must be taken while applying for voters id online
- Visit the official website of Haryana CEO: www.ceoharyana.nic.in
- After this click on “online voter registration“.
- Now, click on the link provided and you will be redirected to the NVSP website.
- Click on the option “Apply online for registration of new voter“.
- A form will appear on the screen.You are required to fill all the details in the application form.
- You can either save the form and complete it later or you can complete it immediately and then click on “submit“
- After successful submission, a unique application Id will be provided which can be used in the future for tracking the application status.
Apply for Voter Id Card Offline in Gurgaon
In the offline method, Field officers will visit the household of eligible electors during the revision of electoral roll. This is done annually. The field officer gives information about the next drive for the application of Voter Id. A series of dates will be provided, for the applicant is required to submit form number 6 at the designated location. The form can be either downloaded from the website of Haryana CEO or can also be availed at the designated location or Download it from here. The filled form can be submitted in the following location.
- Designated location where the electoral roll is displayed, which is usually the polling station.
- Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency.
While applying for a Voter Id the following documents must be available to the applicant
- Recent passport size photographs.
- PAN card.
- Aadhaar card.
- Driving license.
- Indian Passport.
- Board mark sheet that shows the date of birth of the individual.
- If the applicant has not completed class 10 then he or she will have to go to ERO/AERO/BLO for verification. Further, his or her parents must make a declaration as provided in Annexure-1.
- In case a person has not completed class 10 and do not have any parents then he or she must visit the concerned Municipal Committee or Gram Panchayat for a certificate declaring his or her age.
- Birth certificate from the government or the school that the applicant has last attended.
- Birth certificate provided by the municipality Board or the District Registrar of Births and deaths.
- Proof of residence like driving license, passport, ration card, a copy of Income Tax Returns filed etc.
- In case a person wants to apply for a duplicate card then a copy of a FIR of the lost card must be presented.
How To Apply For A Duplicate Voter ID Card in Gurgaon Haryana
A person can either apply online or offline for a duplicate Voter ID card in Gurgaon.The following steps can be taken while applying for a Voter Id in Gurgaon.
Online method of applying for a Duplicate Voter ID Card
The following steps must be taken to apply for a Voter Id card online Go to the official website of the chief electoral officer and download the form EPIC-002.
- Go to the official website of the chief electoral officer and download the form EPIC-002.
- Complete the form and attach the documents required along with it.
- After this submit the form and the documents to the nearest Electoral Office.
- When the submission process gets completed a reference number will be provided which can be used by the applicant in the future to track the status of the application.
- The Application will be verified by the Electoral Officer.
- After successful verification, a duplicate card will be produced which must be collected from the nearest Electoral Office.
Offline method to apply for the Voter ID Card in Gurugram
The steps must be taken in the offline method to complete the process of application for a Voter Id Card
- Visit your nearest Electoral office and fill the form EPIC-002, which is available in every EO.
- You are required to provide all details asked in the form and submit it to the electoral office.
- After the submission of the form, a reference number will be provided to the applicant which he or she can use later to track the status of the application.
- After this, the application will be verified by the Electoral Officer.
- Upon successful verification, a duplicate card will be issued which the applicant can collect from the Electoral Office.
Ways To Track Application Status of Voter Id Card In Gurgaon
After successfully applying for a Voter Id card, the applicant can track his or her status of the application via the following methods
Check Voter Id status Online
In order to check the status online, the following steps must be taken
- Visit the official website of Haryana CEO.
- Click on “Track your application“,
- After this, a form will appear where you are required to fill details like district, Assembly constituency, date etc and then click on “Search“.
Check Voter Id by sending SMS
The status of the application can also be checked by sending an SMS to 9954699899 in the following format; VOTEHRY (space) Voter card number and then send the message to the above number.
Check Voter Id by calling the ECI helpline number
Another option of checking the status of the application form is by calling the national ECI helpline number-1800 111 400. The helpline number is toll-free and the applicant can approach the customer service executive with their complaints, queries and status request between 10 am to 5 pm on all working days.
Things To Remember
While applying for a Voter Id card in Gurgaon the following points should be kept in mind
- It is compulsory for all the applicants who are between the ages 18 and 21 to provide proof of their age. All other can apply by simply providing a declaration of their age.
- Although it is not mandatory to provide the contact details, it is recommended that the applicant provide the same so that the status of the Voter Id card can be sent to the registered mobile number in the future.
- You can apply for a Voter Id card even if you are not in Gurgaon. You can download form 6 online, from the official website of Haryana CEO, fill it and send it along with the necessary documents to the concerned Electoral Registration Officer.
Once you get the new Voter ID Card better make sure to link it with Aadhaar Card. Read here for more details: How to link Aadhaar with Voter Id Card?