Voter ID card is an identity proof, given to all the citizens of the country who is above 18 by the Election Commission of India. However, it is often noticed that some people use multiple ID cards in the name of a single person. In order to weed out these duplicate ID cards, Government has decided to link Voter ID cards (Also Known as EPIC – Electoral Picture Identity Card) with Aadhaar Cards.
Aadhaar Card is a 12 digit unique identification number issued to the citizens of the country, which will be valid throughout the individual’s lifetime. Aadhaar card requires demographic details and biometric details of an individual. Hence, an individual can own only one Aadhaar Card.
Hence, Government has taken the step to link Voter ID card with Aadhaar Number, which will help to eradicate the duplicity of the document.
|Some Important Links|
|Voter ID Card Information|
|Apply For The Voter ID Card|
|Update/Correction In Voter ID Card|
|Check Voter ID Card Application Status|
|Verify Voter ID Card|
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Voter ID card (EPIC)
There are multiple ways to Link Aadhaar with Voter ID Card
- Seeding Online through National Voters Service Portal (NVSP) Portal
- Visit the official website of NVSP run by the Government of India
- Enter the personal details like name, date of birth and father’s name
- After filling the details, click on the “search button”. Details will be displayed on screen if the information matches with the Government database information.
- On the left hand side of the screen, a “Feed Aadhaar No” option will be visible.
- Click on it, whereupon a pop-up window will appear where you will have to feed in your name as per your Aadhaar card, your EPIC number, Aadhaar number and your registered mobile number/registered email address.
- After correctly entering in the information, click “submit”.
- A notification will appear on screen informing you that your application to link Aadhaar and EPIC was registered successfully.
- Seeding through SMS
- Type ECILINK < EPIC_Number > < Aadhaar_Number > and send it to 166 OR 51969.
- Seeding through Phone
- Simply call on 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and provide Voter ID number and Aadhaar Number to link the two.
Check the Status of Aadhaar – Epic Seeding
One can check the status of the seeding by visiting the Official NVSP website and enter the information as mentioned in the section “Seeding through NVSP Portal”.
After completing the process, a notification will come informing the status of the seeding.
|How To Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account|
|Aadhaar Card Services|