Voter ID Card is one of the most important documents a citizen can hold. Primarily, as the name suggest it is required in order to cast our vote to select our representatives. It is also an identity document issued by the Election Commission of India which works as an identity proof, address proof and age proof for various purposes for Indian Citizens.
India is considered to be one of the biggest democracies in the world. And the citizens have been given the power to cast their vote and exercise their fundamental right. Hence it is the responsibility of the citizens to acquire their voter ID card and exercise the power given to us.
Also to have a successful voting system, government should create awareness among the voters regarding the voting process and the eligibility criteria.
The government of Kerala is actively helping and educating its electorate, especially about owning a kerala voter ID card and various processes behind it.
|Important Links Related To Kerala Documents|
|Update Kerala Ration Card|
|Kerala Ration Card Application Procss|
|Kerala Bank IFSC Code|
|Kerala Pin Code|
|Kerala Driving License|
|Aadhaar Card Linking With Kerala Bank Account|
- 1 How to Apply for Kerala Voter ID Card
- 2 Documents Required for the Registration Process
- 3 How to Track Status of Kerala Voter ID Card
- 4 How to Apply for a Duplicate Kerala Voter ID Card
- 5 How to Make Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card
- 6 How to Change Address in Kerala Voter ID Card
How to Apply for Kerala Voter ID Card
Chief Electoral Office (CEO), Kerala offers online registration option which makes the whole process easy and convenient. Also you can track the status of your application at the comfort of your home through the official online portal.
Follow the below mention steps in order to Register for Kerala Voter ID Card Online
Kerala Voter ID Card Application Form
Visit the Chief Electoral office of Kerala www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/home.html and on the home page, you will be displayed with three options by which to register for the process, which are as follows:
- Self – where you can apply and fill the form yourself
- Through BLO (Booth Level Officer) – In this option you have to apply through booth level officer for your constituency
- Through Akshaya Centre – The government of Kerala has taken an initiative to provide access to Information Technology Services to all across the state.
Self Application CEO Kerala Voter Id Card Registration Process
- In self – application you will have to click on the “self” button, you will get an online form both in English and Malayalam where you have to fill all the required information which includes your district where you reside, date of birth etc. along with your residence status (whether you live in India or residing outside India; NRI (Non Resident of India).
- After filling all the above mentioned information and clicked on “proceed”, you will be directed to a page where you are required to provide the kerala voter ID card number of a family member or a neighbour residing near you.
- After that you will be sent a mail attached with a link to your mail ID to create an account on the website.
- Now you are required to sign in, in order to get the necessary forms to complete your registration.
- For a new registration, you will have to fill in Form 6, which can be filled online and enter the relevant details, once done submit the form.
- Now visit the nearest electoral office and submit a hard copy of the form along with your identity and proof of address.
- Electoral officer will sign on your form and forward it to the Booth Level Officer (BLO), who will then visit your residence to check the authenticity of the details you have mentioned on your form.
- Once the verification is done, you will receive a notification regarding your kerala voter ID card.
- Now, you can visit the nearest electoral office and collect your EPIC and cast your vote in next electoral process.
BLO (Booth Level Officer) Application for Kerala Voter ID Card
- Visit the Chief Electoral office of Kerala /www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/blobla.html and on the home page look for “Through BLO” and click on it and enter the BLO number of your Booth officer.
- This page will display a form where you have to fill in details which includes your district, date of birth, and details of an existing kerala voter ID card
- Now you will have to provide your neighbour’s or your relatives’ kerala voter ID cards number as well as their relation to you
- Once done, an online form will appear onscreen. Fill in the required details such as your full name, address, gender etc and submit the form
- After that a mail will be sent to you for further process such as document submission, and the details submitted will be verified
- Once verified you will be notified and can collect your Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) from your nearest electoral office.
Kerala Voter ID Card Application Through Akshaya Centre
- Visit the official election website and enter the Akshaya Centre code and you will be directed to a page where you are required to enter details the site is asking for.
- Login to your Akshaya Centre account and fill in the application form, entering the required details and submit the form online.
- Fill in form 6 to enrol on the electoral roll of a constituency.
- The booth level officers will visit your place to verify the details provided to you and once they are verified you will be notified regarding the status of your application.
- You will have to then visit the electoral office and collect your Electoral Photo ID card.
Documents Required for the Registration Process
Keep the below mentioned documents handy as they are required along with your application form:
- Proof of address – Can be Aadhaar Card, Passport, Ration Card, Bank Passbook, Driving License
- Proof of age – Can be Birth Certificate, Class Xth Marksheet, Driving License, Passport.
- Passport sized photograph
How to Track Status of Kerala Voter ID Card
Once applied for a kerala voter ID card, it is important to keep a track of the status of your kerala voter id card application. Election commission of Kerala provides both online and offline methods to check your application status.
Tracking Kerala Voter ID Card Status Online via CEO Kerala Official Website
- To track the kerala voter ID status online, you will have to visit the Kerala CEO website www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/rollsearch.html
- There are two ways by which you can search for your voter ID card. First is you can search by entering your electoral photo identity card (EPIC number)
- As another option you can also search by selecting a District and Legislative Assembly, constituency along with details like name relation name (Name of father, mother, husband or guardian) and house name.
Tracking Kerala Voter ID Card Status via SMS and Helpline Number
Election commission of Kerala provides the facility to track the status of your kerala voter ID card via SMS which is very easy and a convenient option.
Track Kerala Voter ID Card Status via SMS
Type ELE Voter ID Number and send it to 54242 / 537252.
You can also call on the toll free ECI helpline number 1950. This number is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Kerala Voter ID Card
In case you misplace your voter ID card or it is stolen, you can apply for a duplicate voter ID card. Follow the below mention steps to apply for a duplicate kerala voter ID card:
- Visit the official website of Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Kerala and click on the “Online Voter Registration” tab on the home page and you will be redirected to a page where you can register as a new voter.
- To register look for “please download form here” option, which will open Form EPIC 001 in a new tab and fill in the required details such as your full name, address, date of birth, voter ID number, constituency etc.
- Once the form is filled, print it and submit it to the tehsildar of your constituency
- Election officers will visit your residence to verify the details you have provided. In case your form is verified you will be notified regarding the same and can collect your duplicate Voter ID card from the nearest electoral office.
How to Make Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card
Making Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card Offline
For those who do not have a secured internet connection or not proficient in using a computer can make the changes in their voter ID offline. Read below to know the procedure to make corrections in kerala voter ID card offline
- Visit your nearest Electoral Office and request for Form 8 which is the application form to make changes in your kerala voter ID card
- Fill in the form with correct details and submit it, whereupon you will receive an acknowledgement
- Once your application is verified, you will receive the corrected kerala voter ID card through the post, or you can collect it from the office.
Making Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card Online via CEO Kerala Official Website
In case of errors such as misspelling of name or other details in your voter ID card, you should correct it without any delay as it is an important government document which also works as an identity proof.
- To make the corrections in your Voter ID card visit the official portal of Chief Electoral Officer in Kerala, where you will find a list of forms regarding voter ID application
- In order to make changes in voter ID card you are required to fill Form 8 in which you need to mention name, address, name of father etc. and submit it
- After that you receive an acknowledgement and your updated voter ID will be sent to your address as mentioned on the form or you can also pay a visit to the nearest electoral office and collect it in person.
How to Change Address in Kerala Voter ID Card
Offline Method to change address of Kerala Voter ID Card
In case you change your place of residence, it should be updated in your voter ID card as well. In order to change your address in voter ID card offline in Kerala, follow the below mention steps:
- You are required to collect and fill up Form 8 A, which is a form for migration from one electoral roll to another. You can collect the form from your nearest electoral office
- Once you collect the form from an electoral office, fill in the required details such as full name, old address, as well as your kerala voter ID card number
- Also make sure to submit a copy of an official document mentioning your current address, such as a passport, bank pass book, electricity / telephone / gas bill etc. and submit it to the electoral office along with a proof of your current address in the form of utility bills or any such document
- Once the form and documents are submitted, a Booth Level Officer will pay you a visit at your current residence to verify the documents and information you have provided. In case of a successful verification, you will be issued with a new kerala voter ID card with the address change reflected.
Online Method to Change Address of Kerala Voter ID Card via CEO Kerala Official Website
Election Commission of Kerala provides online method so that people can apply for a change in their voter ID card easily. Read below to know how to change address in kerala voter ID card using the online method:
- Visit the official Election Commission of India website and download Form 8 A and fill in the details the form is asking for such as old address, new address, voter ID number and submit the form
- Also make sure to attach the required documents in order the change the address in kerala voter ID card which are utility bills, passport copy, bank pass book etc
- Once done, you will receive an acknowledgement and a Booth Level Officer will pay you a visit at your current residence to verify the documents and information you have provided. In case of successful verification, you will receive your voter ID card with the changed address, or you can collect from the Electoral Office.