Last updated on December 9th, 2017 at 03:09 pm
The Elections in Andhra Pradesh is conducted according to the Constitution in India by the Election Commission of India whose state-level head is the Chief Election Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh. The latest election process in Andhra Pradesh was conducted in 2 phases. All the citizens of India who are 18 years or above that are eligible to enroll as a voter in the electoral rolls. It is the responsibility of the eligible voters to be responsible towards the democracy and enroll their names in the elections. The voter registrations are allowed latest one week prior to the last date for the nomination of the candidates.
- 1 Types of Electoral Forms in Office of CEO Andhra Pradesh
- 2 How to apply for Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
- 3 How to Track Status of Voter ID Card in Andhra Pradesh
- 4 How to Apply For Duplicate Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
- 5 Verification Process of the Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
- 6 How to make corrections in Voter ID of Andhra Pradesh
- 7 How to Change Address in Voter ID of AP
Types of Electoral Forms in Office of CEO Andhra Pradesh
There are various types of forms available during the Election process. Each of these forms performs different activities, they are made for serving different purposes. You need to be careful when you choose any form. The form along with the purposes are described below:
|Form 6 (click here to download)||Application for inclusion of name for electoral roll|
|Form 7 (click here to download)||Application form for objection/deletion of name from the electoral roll.|
|Form 8 (click here to download)||Application Form for correction of details|
|Form 8 A (click here to download)||Application form for transposition of entry in the electoral roll.|
How to apply for Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
Online Method to Apply for Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh
The Chief Electoral Officer CEO of Andhra Pradesh completely manages and works under the instructions of the Election Commission of India. It keeps a close check on the work involving the elections in the country (By-Elections and General Elections).
Below is the procedure of how to apply for a Voter ID online in CEO Andhra Pradesh
- Firstly, visit the website ceoandhra.nic.in and click on the E-registration option.
- Now under the E-registration section, there are two options named Council Constituency and Assembly Constituency.
- Now select the Form 6 from the Assembly Constituency.
- When you open the Form 6, an application form comes in front of you which has to be filled in.
- Fill in the form accurately and enter the submit option to send the application form. The application form is sent to the Andhra Pradesh Election Commission.
- A reference number is sent after the form submission. This reference number is used for tracking down your application status.
- Then a Booth Level Officer will visit your place and verify all the information that you have given in the application form.
- If all the information that you have submitted is correct then you will receive your Voter ID Card in no time.
- If you are facing trouble with any issues regarding the application procedure, you can call on the Toll- Free Number provided –1950.
Offline Method to Apply for Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh
If you are unable to apply online for a Voter Card then you can opt for an Offline process. Below is the step-by-step procedure for the offline procedure of Voter ID card.
- Collect the form along with the other listed forms from the Electoral Office nearest to your place. If you are a new applicant then you have to fill in Form 6.
- Along with the correct form for the application, as in Form 6, you must also submit the necessary KYC Documents as your age proof, ID Proof, Address Proof. You must also submit the photocopies of the driving license, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Latest Utility Bill, SSLC Book, Ration Card, Rental/Lease Agreement or LIC Policy Paper along with the other documents accordingly.
- Also submit the information of your other family members who already possess, Voter ID Card as their names are already included in the electoral roll.
- Now go to the closest Electoral Registration Office and submit the documents.
- After the submission, the Booth Level Officers will visit your residence and verify them, information that you have submitted.
- To give the Voter ID’s to all the eligible voters, Regular Drives are conducted by the Election Commission of India (ECI) at Designated Photographic Locations (DPIs). These types of drives are endorsed in every new media from time to time.
How to Track Status of Voter ID Card in Andhra Pradesh
Online Process for Tracking Status of Voter ID of AP
- Visit the official CEO Andhra Pradesh website – http://ceoaperms.ap.gov.in/status/search.aspx
- You can check your application status by entering your Application ID or your House Number.
- Now select the Form – Form 6, Form 7, Form 8, and Form 8A.
- Now enter the Application ID or House Number and Click on Search to get the results.
Tracking CEO Andhra Voter ID Status via SMS
To track your Voter ID via SMS, send the SMS in the following Format
VOTE<voter ID number> to 9246280027
Through Help-Line Number
You can call on the ECI Helpline Number (Toll-Free) 1950. This helpline number is available on all working days from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How to Apply For Duplicate Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
If in case your Voter ID is lost, stolen and damaged then there are some Legal Rules and Regulations that you should follow. The Election Commission of India has eased the process. The procedure for applying a Duplicate Card is as follows:
- The first thing that you have to do is, visit the nearest Police Station and File a FIR. Taking this step is very important as Voter ID Card is treated as the National identification Official Document and can be misused. Every citizen above 18 years must have this document. With a FIR filing, you are safe from the fraudulence activities.
- The FIR that you have file must include all the particulars on how and when did you lose your ID and also mention that you want to apply for a Duplicate ID Card. Keep a copy of the FIR document.
- Now download the Form 002, which is mainly designed for the Duplicate Voter ID Card application purpose.
- You can collect this form directly from the local Election Commission Office.
- Fill in the form as directed and all the information must be accurate. Attach a copy of FIR along with the KYC Documents.
- Then just like the First Time Application, the Booth Level Officers will visit your residence and verify all the documents and tally the information that you have submitted.
- After the verification, you will receive your Voter ID card by post.
Verification Process of the Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
The Verification process is the most important step in the whole Electoral Process. The Election Commission of India verifies every Voter’s details by sending officials to their houses. Even though the verification process of Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh is mostly handled by the Election Commission of India but it needs a backup support from the State Election Commissioners to accelerate the procedure. The Voter ID usually comes within 30 days after the submission of the application of the Voter ID. The verification process is much easier and faster for those who have given the hard copies of all of the documents.
How to make corrections in Voter ID of Andhra Pradesh
Making Corrections in Voter ID Card of Andhra Pradesh Online
For the Voter ID card Correction Form 8 is available online on the official website CEO Andhra Pradesh. The Form 8 is useful for those people who find more than one error in the new Voter ID. The process of the Voter ID Correction can be done online and is quite simple.
An alternate way, you can also download the form from Meeseva and after the submission, the same verification process takes place as that of during the application of the Voter ID. Then the Booth Level Officer visits your residence to verify all the documents and confirm the submitted details. Soon your corrected Voter ID will be delivered to you via post.
Making Corrections in Voter ID Card of Andhra Pradesh Offline
There are many people out there who are not comfortable and handy with the online process, therefore to resolve this the Election Commission of India has also the Offline process to make it more simple and quick.
All you have to do is visit the nearest regional Electoral office and collect the Form 8 from the counter. Fill in the form accurately and submit it.
The officials will ask you for the supporting documents of proof through which the changes have to be made.
Like for an example: if you are newly married then, you need to change your surname, in this case, they might ask you for the Marriage Certificate.
After the submission of the application form, the as usual verification procedure takes place and an Official will come and visit you the place to verify and recheck all the documents. Later after the successful verification, the Voter ID Cards will be given via post.
How to Change Address in Voter ID of AP
Online Process to Change Address of Voter ID Card of AP
There can be many reasons for the change in the address- like if you are shifting to a new place or got married, changed city because of work and much more. If you are married, then you have to submit your Marriage Certificate. The students are requested to submit a declaration application given by their school or university if they are ready to change the Voter ID’s address to their present address (of the hostel or rental house). If you are relocated by your boss or any Government Institution then you should submit a declaration signed by your Boss.
Following are the steps to change the address in the Voter ID online:
- Login to the Chief Electoral’s officers using the credentials. Click on the “Electoral Services” on the home page.
- Select the option “Change in Address” and the desired form is displayed on the screen.
- Please enter the EPIC number. If in case you have the “EPIC Number” then you can click on the option “Don’t Know EPIC” and the system will request you for the district and the Constituency by which your number can be tracked.
- Now enter both the new and the old address on the form and agree to the declaration that the information provided is correct. After the submission of the form the usual review is done along with the verification by the Officer is followed.
- After the above process, the new Voter ID card is sent.
Offline Process of Change in Address in the Voter ID card
For the offline process, for the change in the address in the Voter ID Card please follow the steps:
- Collect the Form 8A from the nearest Regional Office.
- Fill in the form and sign the form number 8A which is specially designed for this purpose.
- Attach all the required documents that are necessary for the Change in the address purpose. These documents include the Aadhaar card, Passport, Utility Bill, Ration Card etc.
- Submit the form at the Electorate Office.
- The Election Commission Office will verify the form and will send a new modified form of the Voter ID card.
Thus, these are the various procedures of applying for a Voter Card and tracking down its application.