Last updated on January 2nd, 2018 at 12:29 pm
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has come up with an innovative online application tool which enables the users to verify their email or their mobile number online. One can access this facility by accessing the link present in the UIDAI Website.
The Government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with every official documents and service you use. Aadhaar which is a 12-digit unique identification code or number. This number is based on the biometric data. The UIDAI, which issues the Aadhaar number has introduced online tools to help to verify the details of the mobile number and email that is registered with the Aadhaar. It has also been made compulsory to link Aadhaar with the PAN Card for Income Tax Return Filing.
For the verifying the Mobile Number, visit the official website of the UIDAI i.e. www.uidai.gov.in. When you reach the homepage of the website, there is a section called “Verify Email/Mobile Number” tool. This feature enables to verify the e-mail address and the mobile number that has been declared during the enrollment or latest successful processed update request, whichever is later. In this article, we are going to talk about the different methods that the UIDAI provides to verify the mobile number and the e-mail ID.
How to Verify E-mail of Aadhaar Card
- Visit the official website of UIDAI- uidai.gov.in
- In the homepage, lies a section mentioning “Verify Email or Mobile Number“, Click on the link.
- After clicking on the link you are redirected to a page where you have to fill certain data.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number, the e-mail address that you want it to verify and the security codes in the respective fields.
- Now click on the “Get One-Time Password” button. The OTP is received on your registered mobile number for submitting a verification request. The OTP is sent to the e-mail address that is registered with your Aadhaar.
- In the next step, the online tool displays a message saying- “the OTP is sent to your registered e-mail ID“.
- Check your E-mail ID
- Go to the inbox of your email account that you want to verify.
- Enter the OTP received and click on the verify button.
- Make sure that all the letters that are entered are case sensitive.
- After you are done with the above process, the online tool displays the message, “Congratulation! The E-mail ID matches our records“.
How to Verify Mobile Number of Aadhaar Card
- Enter the Aadhaar number, mobile number and the security code in the respective fields and click on the “Get One Time Password” option.
- After that, you will receive a Verification Code in the form of an SMS. This password is sent to the number which is registered with the Aadhaar.
- Now enter the password that you have received on your mobile in the OTP Field.
- Click on “Verify OTP” button.
- After you are done with the above process, a message from UIDAI is displayed saying, “Congratulation! The Mobile Number matches with our records“.
If in case you’re mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, then you need to visit the nearest “Permanent Aadhaar Center” they will add your Mobile number and link it with Aadhaar.