Aadhaar card has been made mandatory for various purposes by government of India in order to have transparency into the system. For that it had made this 12 digit biometric card to be linked with your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account and with your UAN Universal Account Number (UAN).
And in order to avail all the facilities provided by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), it is important to fulfill the linkage immediately.
EPFO have made some significant changes in its working procedures by introducing UAN account in it. This step has been taken to make the process smooth for the EPF account holders.
By explaining it further, an EPF account needs to be changed every time an employee changes his / her job, which is a frequent case in private sectors. And it is very inconvenient for an employee to have a new EPF account every time they change their job and to visit employers of previous organization while withdrawing their account and this process demands a lot of paper work to get his PF (Provident Fund) balance transferred or withdrawn.
Keeping this in mind, EPFO changed the whole process and introduced the 12 digit (Universal Account Number) UAN, which will remain the same even you change your organization, unlike your EPF account.
The EPF have issued UAN number to every active member of EPF. According to sources, nearly 7.86 crore UAN number is allotted to the members of EPF.
How to Update EPF / UAN Details Online using unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) constantly strives to make the procedure better and easy for the EPF account holders. They have also started the online portal for their members to update or make correction of details in their EPF UAN online. Follow the below mentioned steps in order to do the same:
- Visit the official page of EPFO and on the home page look for “UAN Member e-sewa” on the right hand side under “FOR EMPLOYEES” section.
- Once you click on that option that will redirect you to a new page where you will have to login to your account by proving your UAN number, password and enter the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- After providing all the above mentioned details, you will be redirected to your EPF account where you can make the necessary changes or update your details.
- You can click on the “Manage” option and click on the “CONTACT DETAILS” from the drop down in order to make changes in your contact details.
- For making other changes click on the “Manage” option and from the drop down select “KYC” where you can make other required changes.