uidai.gov.in is the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) Official Website. In order to ensure transparency, efficiency and good governance the government of India has introduced the Aadhaar act 2016. This act was also introduced to ensure targeted delivery of subsidies to the poor and weaker section of the society. The Aadhaar Act also made UIDAI as the implementation agency for allotting Unique Aadhaar Numbers to Residents of India. Keeping these goals in mind the government has made Aadhaar card mandatory in order to avail a number of government sponsored subsidies. Besides this Aadhaar is also used as a KYC document by a number of service providing companies like telecom companies, banks ,passport etc.
The Aadhaar Card not only acts as a address proof or but also identity proof. The data is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Based on the biometric and demographic data provided by the individual, the Aadhaar number is issued which is a 12 digit unique number provided to every individual.
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Aadhaar Card Information||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|
The Aadhaar Online Portal was introduced to ensure easy accessibility and usage by the people.The website can be used anywhere at any point of time.
- 1 UIDAI Official Website Services
- 1.1 Show Aadhaar Authentication History
- 1.2 Show Enrolment Center Location
- 1.3 Aadhaar Number on Mobile Phone
- 1.4 Check Status of Aadhaar Application on UIDAI Official Website
- 1.5 Locking and Unlocking Biometrics via UIDAI Website
- 1.6 Duplicate Aadhaar/ Downloading E-Aadhaar
- 1.7 When Aadhaar Needs to be Updated
- 1.8 Check Status of Aadhaar Update Request via UIDAI Official Website
- 1.9 Checking Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status
- 2 Latest News About UIDAI
- 3 Important Links
UIDAI Official Website Services
Show Aadhaar Authentication History
Unique Identification Authority of India or commonly known as UIDAI who administers Aadhaar has introduced the provision of checking where and when your Aadhaar card was used. Follow the below mentioned steps for the same:
- Visit Aadhaar authentication history page i.e. resident.uidai.gov.in/home
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the picture on your screen
- Select ‘Generate OTP’ (One Time Password)
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile phone number. Don’t forget to verify your number on the UIDAI Official Website
- Now you will get an option to choose the period of information and the number of transactions. Enter the OTP you have received on your phone and click on submit option
- Now, you will see a date, time and type of all Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period you had chosen. However, the page won’t show who made the requests.
You see the full details here.
Show Enrolment Center Location
Rather than searching the the entire city or traveling miles for a Aadhaar center a person can simply visit the UIDAI Official Website to know the nearest enrolment center. Ways of searching the enrolment center.
- First by state, if a person is traveling or not sure which enrollment center will be nearest to him or her or if in general a person wants to know the enrollment center in his state.
- Second area wise, if a person knows his or her PIN code of an area then area wise enrollment center can be searched. However if a person does not know the area then he or she can.
Aadhaar Number on Mobile Phone
In case of emergency or in a situation when a person does not remember the Aadhaar number or probably has lost his or her Aadhaar number than the online portal can be used to know your Aadhaar number. You can also choose to get the number via SMS. In such a case, the number will be sent to the number provided in Aadhaar card. To get the Aadhaar number via SMS a person should know the EID, date of enrolment as well as the mobile number registered in the Aadhaar portal
Check Status of Aadhaar Application on UIDAI Official Website
There has been a number of situations when an Aadhaar Card is not delivered to a person after enrolment. In such a case, the Online portal can also be used to know the Aadhaar status. To check the Aadhaar status a person should know the enrolment id, date of enrolment and the security code. The enrolment id and the date of enrolment can be found at the top of the acknowledgment form which is provided to a person at the time of enrolment.
Locking and Unlocking Biometrics via UIDAI Website
Every citizen of India while enrolling for an Aadhaar card is required to provide his or her biometrics which includes fingerprint scan and iris scan. To ensure that the biometric data is safe a person has the option of locking them in online portal. Further, they can unlock it anytime they want. However, it must be noted that the locked biometrics cannot be used by the user for any kind of authentication thus avoiding any kind misuse.
Duplicate Aadhaar/ Downloading E-Aadhaar
In case a person lost his or her Aadhaar card then they do not have to enroll for the Aadhaar card E-Aadhaar is similar to the Aadhaar card a person gets via post. To download the card online one should know the enrolment id or Aadhaar number, PIN code. Further, a person will also have to fill in his name and security verification. In case a person does not remember the Aadhaar number then the enrolment number as well the registered mobile number will have to be provided.
When Aadhaar Needs to be Updated
The details in the Aadhaar card can also be updated in the UIDAI Official Website. A person a can also update the details by visiting the Aadhaar enrollment but this not only time-consuming but a person is also required to pay Rs 25 to make the updates.
UIDAI has made changes to the online tools. As earlier, the subscribers could change or update details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online itself. However, now only address can be updated online and rest of the details can be changed or updated by visiting the Aadhaar Kendra or Aadhaar centre, which is in effect from October 20, 2017.
Check Status of Aadhaar Update Request via UIDAI Official Website
Whether you have requested for an update in your Aadhaar Online (via UIDAI Official Website) or Offline (via an enrolment centre or Bank Branch), you can check the status of your update request. To check the status of
- Offline Update Request visit the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Online Update Request visit the https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
As the Government has made it mandatory to submit Aadhaar while opening new bank account and also that the existing bank account should be linked Aadhaar Card of the account holder before December 31,2017. The Government has also warned that the Aadhaar-less Bank Accounts will become invalid. To check the linking status of your Aadhaar and Bank account follow these simple steps:
- Visit the UIDAI official website: www.uidai.gov.in
- Go to “Aadhaar Online Services” Section, look for “Check Aadhaar and bank account status” link
- On clicking the link, you will be redirected to UIDAI Bank Mapper’s Portal.
- Enter the “Aadhaar Number” and “Security Code” displayed on the page.
- Click on “Send OTP”, an OTP will be received on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP in the “Enter OTP” box and Submit
- Your linking status will be displayed to you.
If you haven’t linked your Aadhaar with your Bank Account. Check out this article on how to link your Aadhaar with Bank account.
The UIDAI Official Website along with its features can be used anywhere and anytime in this country, making the lives of the people much easier.
Latest News About UIDAI
Keep a check of where and when your Aadhaar card used for authentication purpose
Now you can prevent your Aadhaar from misuse as UIDAI has an online service that shows where and when your Aadhaar card was used. This ensure the security of your Aadhaar data…Read More
UIDAI to introduce dummy numbers to Aadhaar Card Holders to avoid Data Leaks – Nov 21
As per the reports, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has introduced a process of dummy numbers which will be given to the Aadhaar Card holders in order to deal with the problem of data leak… Read More
Over 200 Govt Sites displayed Aadhaar Details Publicly – Huge Breach of Privacy Nov 21
Over 200 Central and State government websites publicly exhibit the personal details such as names and addresses of some Aadhaar card holders, as reported by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)…Read More
Only 39% of PAN Cards are Linked with Aadhaar Till Nov 8
Government of India have made Aadhaar, a 12 digit unique identification number linkage mandatory with most of the other important official documents, which includes PAN (Permanent Account Number) also. Government rationalised this linking of…Read More
|Check Aadhaar Card Status||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card (Mobile)||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Enrolment ID||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card by Name||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card Form||Hindi English|
|Aadhaar Card Data Update Form||Click here|
|Update Aadhaar Card Online||Click here|
|Official Website of UIDAI||Click here|
|Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Link Status||Click here|
|Check Aadhaar Authentication History||Click here|