UIDAI has conserved and declared the final dates for linking Aadhaar with the PAN Card. The taxpayers have to link their Aadhaar with PAN Card by 31st of August as “the Supreme Court verdict on privacy has no bearing on the requirement”, stated UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan on Friday. It is also reported that the requirement of Aadhaar can be of use for availing different Government Subsidies, welfare schemes, and other benefits.
Pandey implied that
There is no such change. He also added saying that the various deadlines that have been issued, be it either the under the provision of Aadhaar card act or be in the Income Tax Act or the money laundering rules or laws. These need to be stuck in and followed as these laws or considered valid.
The Biometric Identification has been a vital component in various services and benefits starting from the gas cooking subsidies to opening a bank account or in case of getting a new phone number. According to the PTI Report, the Judgement made by the Apex Court has not mentioned anything about the Aadhaar Act which means that it is a valid act and is accepted as a tradition.
Section 7 of the Act implies,” For getting a certain subsidy or benefit, Aadhaar number is demanded”. According to the PTI Report, “if anyone refuses to give their details in the scrim of the SC Order, Pandey says that it will be a clean headed “No” because Aadhaar is a valid Act.” Pandey said that “Aadhaar enrollment will continue unhindered”.
If you haven’t linked up your Aadhaar with the PAN Card, these or the following steps which you can do it online before 31st August
- Firstly, register yourself in the income tax e-filing portal if you are not registered with it. Visit the official website mentioned here- “http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in”
- Login to the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department with the given User Login ID and password and the Date of Birth.
- When you login successfully a pop-up window appears which suggests you to link Aadhaar with PAN. if it doesn’t appear then you can go the “Profile Settings” and then click on the option “Link Aadhaar”.
- Your details including your name, address, date of birth will appear. These or the details that you had given at the time of the registration
- Verify and cross-check the details with the ones that are mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- If your details or matched then enter your Aadhaar 12- digit number and click on the “Link Aadhaar”. If the details do not match then the person must raise the issue and get it done.
- After you have clicked on the “Link Option” a pop-up message appears showing that you have successfully linked your Aadhaar Card with PAN Card.
So Hurry and Get Your Aadhaar Linked and Be a Responsible Citizen of India
A deadline has also been fixed to complete the linkage. Earlier the deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was July 31st but was extended to August 31 and later to December 31, 2017. And again the government has extended the deadline for the same for three more months i.e. March 31st, 2018. And this is the third extension given by the government to individuals to complete the linkage.