MSME (Ministry of Micro and Small Enterprises) registration is a registration under MSMED (The Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development) Act that offers the Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises with a bouquet of benefits and access to subsidies and schemes.
Before Udyog Aadhaar, in order to procure MSME or SSI (Small Scale Industries) registration, Entrepreneur Memorandum – I (EM – I) and Entrepreneur Memorandum – II were required to be filled by the entities that too manually, which in turn led to many of the MSMEs not being registered and operating out of the scope of the service provided by the Government.
However, with the introduction of Udyog Aadhaar, the process of registration has been simplified, where small and medium enterprises can register themselves by filling one page Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum that too by using online process.
However, please note that it is optional for the existing businesses with MSME registration or Small Scale Industry Registration to procure Udyog Aadhaar.
Udyog Aadhaar Registration
Udyog Aadhaar is a one page MSME registration form which is also known as Udyog Aadhaar Registration form. And in this form, MEME would self – certify their existence, and are required to provide their bank account details, promoter / owner’s Aadhaar and other basic information. And the basis of this basic information and a simple online form, the businesses would be issued a unique identifier or Udyog Aadhaar, making the business formally registered as a SSI or MSME.
How to Apply for Udyog Aadhaar
The process of applying for Udyog Aadhaar is extremely easy and simple. Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for Udyog Aadhaar
- In order to start with the registration process, you are required to visit the official website of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in
- Now scroll down on the home page and provide you Aadhaar number in the given space (make sure to provide correct Aadhaar Number). After entering the Aadhaar number, you are required to enter the name of the entrepreneur associated with the Aadhaar number and click on validate and generate OTP (One Time Password).
- Now you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and can use the same for the registration. In case you haven’t registered your mobile phone number with Aadhaar card, you will be directed to another page to proceed further with the registration by clicking on the last option of that page.
- Once you are directed to another page i.e. registration page, you will have to provide all the personal details as well as the details of your business. Also, make sure to provide your bank details along with NIC and DIC code.
- After providing all the required details, recheck the information provided by you. In case of the information you provided are correct, click on the submit button. This will generate another OTP on the mobile number registered. Now enter the OTP correctly along with the captcha code.
- Now you will receive an acknowledgement receipt. Keep the receipt carefully for future use.
Documents required for Online Udyog Aadhaar Registration
Below is the list of documents which are suggested to keep handy for a quick Udyog Aadhaar Registration
- Your 12 digit Aadhaar Number issued to you by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- Provide the name of the applicant as mentioned on the Aadhaar card
- Provide your Social Category. General / Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe / Other Backward Castes along with the proof of belonging to that respective caste.
- Provide the name of the Enterprise. “One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number”.
- Type of Organization
- Partnership Firm
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Private Limited Company
- Co – Operative
- Public Limited Company
- Self Help Group
- Others (Limited Liability Partnership)
- Postal address along with mobile and email address
- The date on which business was started
- Provide the details of the previous MSME registration
- Bank details such as IFSC (Indian Financial System Code) and bank account number
- Major activity of the business i.e. manufacturing or service
- NIC Code (National Industrial Classification)
- The total number of people employed in the business
- DIC i.e. (Details District Industry Center) nearest to the business.