Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a Government initiative to bring the unorganized sector of Indian workforce under a pension scheme and inculcate a systematic savings habit on them. Any Indian citizen between the age of 18 and 60 years with a bank or post office savings account can invest in it.
Government of India (GOI) introduced this scheme in 2015 – 16 budgets and was operationalized from June 2015. Atal Pension Yojana is regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) under National Pension Scheme.
In Atal Pension Yojana, the subscribers can check the contributions they made, digitally. And there are two ways to do the same; first, by visiting the official website of NPS or by downloading the APY and NPS Lite App from the Google Play Store.
In this article we will discuss the first step i.e. by visiting the official website of NPS.
How to track contributions made to Atal Pension Yojana through npscra.nsdl.co.in
Before starting with the procedure make sure that you have your PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number), which is usually sent via SMS, to the registered mobile number. On the website you will have to provide your bank account number to log in.
Now follow the below mentioned steps to track your contribution on the website:
- Visit the official website of APY i.e. https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/scheme-details.php
- On the home page look for “APY e – PRAN / Transaction Statement View”
- This will direct you to a new page (refer to the picture below), there click on “Click to search with PRAN” or “Click to Search without PRAN“
- If you have PRAN, you can select with PRAN option and then you will have to provide your PRAN number for further steps along with your bank account number.
- And in case you don’t have your PRAN number, you can select without PRAN number and provide “Subscriber name, Bank A/C number, and Date of Birth (DOB)“.
- And from “Views for Subscriber” select APY e – PRAN view” from the drop down, fill the captcha code and click on submit.
This site will provide you with information such as pension start date, pension amount you have opted for, APY service provider etc. You can check the contribution monthly, quarterly or half – yearly basis.
How to track contributions made to Atal Pension Yojana through the App?
If you have a smart phone, you can install this app ‘APY and NPS Lite‘ app from Google Play Store.
Once installed, visit the app and provide your PRAN details in order to login
An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number and it will be automatically picked from the SMS and click on submit.
The homepage will show you in which scheme your money is invested. You can also download the transaction statement using the app. Select the option to view your account details.
In case you don’t have a secured internet connection, an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number to intimate the status of your contribution.