Home » Posts tagged 'West Bengal'
Tag Archives: West Bengal
Primarily, WBPDS Ration card is issued to the households, against which the deserving families can avail basic necessities such as food grains, sugar, kerosene, wheat and fuel at a subsidized rate. However,WBPDS ration card also works as a proof of identity and proof of address before documents like Aadhaar card and PAN Card came into being. The Ration Cards acts as an Official Document which is issued by the Government of India. The Food and Civil Supplies Department of West Bengal Government has provided various online and offline procedure by which one can apply for a WBPDS Ration Card in West Bengal. Also, through that website one can check their ration card status, How to apply for a duplicate ration card; make the correction in ration card etc.
|Some Important Link|
|Apply For West Bengal Voter ID Card|
|Appy Here For West Bengal Driving License|
|West Bengal IFSC Code|
|West Bengal Pin Code|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account|
Types of Ration Card available in WBPDS West Bengal
Keeping all strata of the society, ration card had been categorized so that deserving candidates can make the best use of the card provided by the government. West Bengal ration card has been divided into three types; let’s take a broader look at different categories of ration card:
- Antodaya Ration Card – This card is issued by the government to provide highly subsidized food to millions of the poorest families. And it is issued to those people who do not have a stable income specially the old age people or the unemployed people.
- Above Poverty Line Ration Cards (APL) – this type of ration card is issued to people with higher annual income. This category people are not liable to get food grains at a subsidized rate however, they can use this card as an identity proof.
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card (BPL) – Below poverty line ration cards are issued to people whose income is less than 10,000 per annum and are liable to get food grains and other basic necessities at a lowest subsidized rate.
Eligibility Criterion for a WBPDS Ration Card
In West Bengal or be it any other state, ration cards are provided by accessing their eligibility criteria, so that deserving candidates can get fair chance to get the benefits that government is offering. Below is the list of eligibility criteria to avail a WBPDS ration card in West Bengal
- The first criterion in order to possess a ration card is to be a citizen of India as Non – resident of India (NRIs) are not eligible to apply for a ration card in India.
- Along with that the applicant is required to be the head of the family to apply for a ration card
- In case an applicant is shifting their place of residence, they are required to submit a surrender certificate in order to get a ration card.
- The applicant has to submit a certificate mentioning that the individual does not have any extra Ration Card applied.
- In case of marriage or birth of a child, the individual has to submit the marriage certificate or Birth Certificate
Documents Required to apply for a WBPDS Ration Card
Proof of identity and proof of address is an important aspect to apply for a ration card. Below is the list of important official documents which are suggested to keep handy before applying for a ration card for a smoother application
- Photograph of the family head
- Photo identity card such as Passport, Aadhaar card, Voter ID card etc.
- Address Proof (utility bill, telephone bill etc.)
- Neighbour Witness (At least 2)
- Age and Income – Certificate
How to Apply for a WBPDS Ration Card – wbpds.gov.in
The Offline way by which you can apply for a West Bengal WBPDS Ration Card.
Offline method is still a suitable method for people those who are not well – versed with internet and also does not have a secured internet connection. Hence, if you want to apply for a ration card offline in West Bengal, follow the below mentioned procedure:
- You are required to visit the PDS (Public Distribution System) office and ask for an application form to apply for a West Bengal Ration card.
- Once the officials provide you with the application form, you are required to fill the form properly and attach the required documents such as Residential proof and Photo identity proof. And also attach the Income Proof and Age Proof of the head of the family along with the application form.
- And before submitting doesn’t forget to cross check the information you have provided in the form.
How to Check the Status of the WBPDS Ration Card | WB Ration Card Status – wbpds.gov.in
Once applied, it is important to keep a track of your ration card. You can read below to know how to check the status of your ration card in West Bengal:
- To check the ration card status in West Bengal, you are required to visit the official site of WBPDS and click on the “check status online” option on the home page and enter the required information such as your District, Block / Municipality, Last 8 digit of application number, and also 16 Digit of the application number and click on the “search option” and the status of your ration card will be displayed on your screen.
WBPDS Ration Card Department Details & Information
For further queries you can refer to the below the below mentioned information which is as follows:
Name of the Department: The Food and the Civil Supplies Department
Address: The Food and the Civil Supplies Department APC Road, Syam Bazar Kolkata Pin Code-740004
Contact Number: 033 55337639
Official Website: https://wbpds.gov.in
The Constitution of India under Article 326 has provided the right to every citizen the right to vote and take part in elections after reaching 18 years of age. This right is available to every citizen irrespective of caste, class, gender etc. The right to vote is not a fundamental duty under article 51A of Indian constitution but it is a civic duty of every Indian citizen to take part in elections. The Voter ID card which is also called the EPIC (Electronic Photo Identity card ) is issued by the Election Commission of India.
How to apply for a Voter ID Card of CEO WEST Bengal
Elections in West Bengal is similarly conducted in accordance with the law enshrined in the Indian constitution. West Bengal is one of the most politically active states in India. Elections in West Bengal is conducted by the West Bengal State Election Commission. In order to practice the right to vote, all Indian citizens are required to have voter ID card. Various ways of applying for a voter Id card in West Bengal are:
Apply for CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Online
The following steps must be taken in order to apply for a voter card in West Bengal:
- Visit the official website of West Bengal CEO.
- After this, you will be redirected to its homepage where you are required to fill form number 6.
- You can select your preferred language to fill the form.
- New users must first register in the portal with the current mobile number and Email ID.
- After filling all the details, you are required to upload the necessary documents and then submit.
- After the submission of the form along with the documents, the verification process will get started within two to three weeks.A booth level officer will be sent to the applicant’s residence for verification.
- Once all the details provided are proved correct a new voter Id card will be sent to the registered address within four to five days.
Apply for CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Offline
While the online process is the easier process, there are a number of people in the rural West Bengal who prefer to go to the electoral office and complete the process of application. The following steps must be taken while applying for a voter Id card offline:
- Visit your nearest electoral office along with the necessary KYC documents like proof of residence, identity and age.
- Fill the form and recheck it avoid any mistakes.
- Submit the completed form along with the necessary KYC documents to the nearest the Electoral Registration Office.
- In order to speed up the process, you can mention the names of your family members whose names are already on the voter list.
- After this, the verification will start and a booth level officer will be sent to the applicant’s residence to verify the information provided in person.
- The Election commission organizes regular drives to check whether or not all the listed voters are provided with a voter Id.
How to track Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There are various avenues by which the status of the voter Id card can be checked. The steps of some of the methods are given below:
Check Voter ID Status Online of CEO West Bengal
By checking the electoral rolls in the official website of the West Bengal CEO one can know whether he or she is included in the voter list.The following steps must be taken to track the status of the voter Id card online:
- Go to the search page of the Official Website.
- You can search for your electoral rolls either district wise or constituency wise.
- You can search your roll by either entering your name or your relation’s name and then click on the “search” option.
Check Voter ID Card status via SMS in WB
This facility also helps in knowing the employee’s number, the name of the constituency, polling booth etc.The status of your application can be tracked simply by sending an SMS in the following pattern in either of the following number:
- WBEC voter ID number to 51969.
- voter Id number to 9433633333.
Voter ID by Calling the ECI helpline number
The status of your voter Id can also be checked by calling the ECI helpline number, that is 1950. The helpline is available from 10 am to 5 pm on all working days.
How to apply for a duplicate Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There may arise a number of situations when you might want a duplicate Voter ID card. For instance when you have lost your ID card when your ID card got stolen or misplaced etc. For reissuing a duplicate ID card the following steps must be taken:
- Before issuing a duplicate voter id card one should first file a FIR to the police station.
- The FIR must be filled along with an application form containing the name, date of loss, voters ID card number etc.
- Once the FIR has been filed, form number 002 must be filled for applying for a duplicate Voter ID card.
- Complete the form and submit it along with the necessary documents and a copy of the FIR that will prove the loss of the Voter ID card, to the nearest Election Commission Office.
- The application will be reviewed and the documents will be verified within a week and a new Voter ID card will be sent to the applicant’s residence.
How to make corrections to the Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There may arise various situations in life when a person might want to make changes / Correction to the information provided in the voter’s id card, for example, change in surname after marriage, or if a person got the voters Id card with a misspell name etc.There are two ways by which an individual can make corrections to the voter Id card.The details of both these methods are given below:
Online method of correction to CEO West Bengal Voter Id card
The online method is quite simple as it will reduce your visit to the Regional Electoral Office. You can simply download form number 8 from the official website of the Election Commission of India.While filling the form make sure that each information provided is correct and up to date.The completed form must be submitted along with all the mandatory documents.After this, a booth level officer will again visit your residence to verify the information in person.Once the verification process gets completed a new voter Id will be sent to your address.
Offline method of correction to CEO West Bengal Voter Id card
While the online method is the easier method, many people in rural India prefers the offline method more.The offline method helps people to clear their doubts by asking the official authorities in person.In the offline method, a person can simply visit the nearest Regional Electoral Office and collect form 8. This form must be filled and submitted along with the necessary documents.After the application process is completed a booth level officer will be sent who will verify the information in person.Once the verification process gets completed a new voter id card will be sent to the address of the applicant.