Home » Posts tagged 'VoterID'
Tag Archives: VoterID
The Voter ID Card or Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC) is an identification card issued by the Election Commission to all the citizens of India above the age of 18 years in order to vote and practice their democratic rights. It also serves as general identity, address and age proof for other purposes from buying SIM card to applying for a passport].
Voter ID cards carry personal details such as face photo, date of birth and address of the card holder. It also contains the serial number, a hologram sticker and stamped signature of the issuing authority.
EPIC is also a unique identification document for all Indians. It is helpful not only in casting vote but also acts as an identity proof while opening a bank account, getting a new gas connection and online reservations for travel and accommodation.
“Democracy runs on the power of its people“. Hence to exercise the power given to us, it is indeed important to cast our vote and make ourselves heard.
|Some Important Links
|Apply For The Voter ID Card
|Update/Correction In Voter ID Card
|Check Voter ID Card Application Status
|Voter ID Card Verification
|Link Voter ID Card With Aadhaar Card
How to Apply for a Voter ID Card
- Visit the official website of Election Commission and click on National Voters’ Services Portal.
- Now click on ‘Apply online for registration of new voter id‘
- Once the online form opens, fill in the all the required details.
- There is an upload button on the top of the form, which applicants can use to upload all the required documents along with a recent photograph
- After filling on the details, applicants can click on submit.
- Once the documents are successfully uploaded applicants will be sent a reference number through which they can check Voter ID Status.
- Visit the State Election office and request for a Form 6.
- After filling in the necessary details and providing all relevant documents such as Identity proof and address proof, customers can submit the form to the office and after verification of all details; customers will be issued with the Election ID after a specified period of time.
Semi Online Election ID
- Visit the National Election Commission or State Election Commission website and download Form 6.
- Fill in the required details properly
- Provide the required documents along with a recent photograph
- Submit the form at election office by either post or in person.
Documents Required for Voter ID Card
Provide the required details while applying for a voter ID card:
- Application Form
- Age Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
For address proof one can any of the following documents:
- Mobile telephone bill
- Land phone bill
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Property tax receipt
- Bank statement
- Ration card
- House Lease/Rental agreement
- LPG receipt
- Driving license
- Identity cards given by the employer
- Any of the alternative documents prescribed by Election Commission for identity proof.
Eligibility Criteria to get a Voter ID Card
- Applicants should be the citizens of India
- Applicants should attain the minimum 18 years of age
- Enrolment only at ordinary place of residence
- Enrolment only at one place
- Overseas Indian deemed to be ordinarily resident at address given in passport.
- Service Voters deemed to be ordinarily resident at their home address.
Uses of a Voter ID card
Voter ID card is required for a number of purposes. It is also considered as an identification card. It has other uses as well.
- Voter ID card is considered to be a valid personal identity card
- This EPIC card proves that the card holder is a registered voter of the country, which in turn proves their citizenship as well
- This card provides the assurance of the card holder as it contains card holder’s signature, photograph, fingerprints etc.
How to Track Voter ID Application Status Online
All Indian State has a State Election Commission, which means every state has a CEO (Chief Electoral Office) website, which provides the facility to track your application status online.
To track the status follow the below mentioned procedures:
- Visit the official website of your states CEO portal.
- And on the home page, click on “know the status of your Application for Enrollment” and upon clicking on this, it direct you to a new page where you will have to provide some basic details.
- Or you can visit the National Voters’ Services portal and click on “Search your name in electoral roll“, after clicking on the link it will provide two options to track your application, which are as follows:
- First Option – Enter your application or EPIC or State number and submit
- Second Option – Provide some details in order to track the status of your Voter ID card :
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Father’s Name
- District Constituency
How to Verify Your Voter ID
You can verify your voter ID, for that you will need your Voter ID number. Visit the official site of Chief Electoral Office (CEO) of your state and provide your voter ID details. By doing this you can check if your name is present in the electoral roll.
You can verify using the offline method as well, for that you will have to visit your nearest Election Commission Office and keep your application number handy.
Voter ID Card Correction in Electoral Roll
In case there is some misprint in your voter ID card, or you have changed your address, you should immediately update or correct it as this card works as your proof of identity.
In case of misprint, procure form 8 and fill out the form, submit the form along with the supporting documents to the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of your assembly constituency. Once submitted, the ERO will update your Voter ID card.
Things to Ponder over while Applying for a Voter ID card
- The legal age to cast a vote in India is 18 years of age
- Relevant form for applying for a Voter ID card is Form 6.
- Provide relevant original documents only.
- Apply for a Voter ID only through Government websites and Centres or sites which have been approved by the Government.
- Fill in the details in the application form correctly such as spelling of you name, date of birth etc. Otherwise wrong information might get printed on the Voter ID Card.
- Applicants should also ensure that the information that is being provided is legally correct and is not fake.
- Once applicants receive their Voter ID, they will have to check the document to see if all the information is correct.
Voter ID Cards In India
In a democratic country, the power lies with the people who elect the representatives who run the government. And in a populous country like India, which is also one of the largest democratic countries in the world, voting malpractice like the use of black money for rallies, cash for votes, and duplicity in the election etc cannot be denied.
Hence, to make the voting procedure smooth and fair, the Government introduced Voter Identity Cards in 1993 also known as EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Cards).
|Some Important Links
|Apply For Gujarat Ration Card
|Gujarat Bank IFSC Code
|Gujarat Pin Code
|Link Aadhaar Card With Gujarat Bank Account
It is very important for People of Gujarat to get a Gujarat Voter ID now if they don’t have one, as the State will be going for Assembly Election in a few month’s period. We will explain the process of getting a new Gujarat Voter ID, get your information corrected/updated in an existing Voter ID below.
|Gujarat Assembly Election Schedule
|Phase I (89 Seats)
|Phase II (93 Seats)
|Date of Issue of Gazette Notification
|Nov 14, 2017
|Nov 20, 2017
|Last date of nominations
|Nov 21, 2017
|Nov 27, 2017
|Scrutiny of nominations
|Nov 22, 2017
|Nov 28, 2017
|Last date for withdrawal of nominations
|Nov 24, 2017
|Nov 30, 2017
|Dec 09, 2017
|Dec 14, 2017
|Counting of votes
|Dec 18, 2017
|Dec 18, 2017
How to Get a New Gujarat Voter ID
State Election Commission has commenced the process of issuing new voter id in Gujarat keeping in mind the upcoming assembly elections. You can apply to get a New Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) either Online or via Offline methods.
Apply for Gujarat Voter ID Offline
In India, while the Government is pushing people to go online there is still a larger population who still prefer completing the procedure in person rather than the online method.
If one wishes to apply for Gujarat Voter ID by visiting the electoral office, they can do that by following the below mention steps
- Obtain a Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll after the draft publication of roll) by the election commission of India
- Fill the form properly with correct details
- Attach the required documents which includes photographs, proof of address, proof of age
- Provide information’s about someone from the family or neighbourhood already exist in the electoral roll
- Visit the nearest Electoral Registration Office along with the required documents
- To verify the application form, Booth Level officers may visit the applicant’s residence for the verification purpose. After which you will receive your Gujarat Voter ID Card.
- Also, after every five years, revision of electoral rolls takes place during which house to house enumeration happens. One can make use of such drives to get them registered as a voter without any hassles.
Apply for Gujarat Voter ID Online
The Chief Electoral Officers in Gujarat have introduced a dedicated website that will make the application for Voter ID cards easy and simple.
Read the steps below to apply for a Gujarat Voter ID online
- Visit the official website of Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat ceo.gujarat.gov.in
- Click on the “Online Voter Registration”
- Before making a fresh registration check if you are already registered in any constituency.
- To check if the name is already in any of the constituency; one will have to provide information like district name, name, father or husband’s name and age.
- In case the name of the eligible voter is not on the electoral list: they can make a fresh application and register in the official website by providing name, email id, phone number, address and pin code.
- After registration, select “Form 6 for new Voter Registration” and provide the EPIC number of the family member or a neighbour.
- In the next step, provide information like name, address, date of birth, and details of other family members whose name has been enrolled in the electoral list.
- Once the form is submitted, upload the documents like address proof and age proof.
- Now the applicant will receive a copy of the PDF file which he/she is required to save and take a print out.
- Submit the printout to the nearest Election Commission office by post.
Note: Registration in electoral roll is not allowed in more than one constituency
After verification, the new Gujarat Voter ID will be sent to the applicant by post to the registered address.
How to Correct / Update Gujarat Voter ID
Voter ID is one of the most crucial documents as it acts as the proof of identity for the citizens. Hence, it is important to ensure that the details you provide in the document are accurate.
Offline Way of getting Gujarat Voter ID Card Corrected/Updated
In case of any misprint or wrong information on the document i.e. voter ID card read below to make the changes done:
- Obtain Form 8 (Application form for correction of details in electoral roll) by election commission of India
- Fill the form with proper information and sign it wherever required
- Attach your photograph to the form
- Along with the form, attach copies of your KYC (Know Your Customer) documents including address proof, age proof and identity proof.
- Submit the Form 8 at the nearest Election Commission Office
- Once the applicants submit the application, it will be reviewed and the new card will be sent to your registered address through post.
Gujarat Voter ID Update Online
Gujarat Chief Electoral Officer’s website offers online facility to make changes in details printed in voter ID:
- Visit the official website of Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat ceo.gujarat.gov.in
- In home page select “Online Voter Registration” on the right hand side of the screen
- Open the link erms.gujarat.gov.in/OVR/SignIn.aspx
- Login using your credentials.
- Now select “Form 8 for Voter Detail Modification” and enter Voter ID card number to proceed.
- In Form 8, which is designed by the election commission of India, enter details like name, date of birth, address and other details about your family members whose names have been included in the electoral roll.
- Set down the information one wish to change and attach the required documents.
- Submit the form with properly filled information.
- Upon submission, the applicant will receive a PDF file.
- Save the PDF file, take a print out and send it to the nearest Election Commission Office
- The application for changing the details in the Gujarat Voter ID Card of the applicant will be reviewed and the new card will be sent via post to your address.
How to Change Address in Gujarat Voter ID
In case someone has moved to some other constituency within Gujarat, they must update their new address immediately in their Gujarat Voter ID.
This can be done offline as well as online, both the methods are given below.
Change of Address in Gujarat Voter ID Offline Process
- Download the Form 8 from the official website of Chief Electoral Office in Gujarat ceo.gujarat.gov.in or one can collect the form from the nearest Chief Electoral Office as well
- Fill the Form 8 Properly and submit it at the nearest Electoral office
- Submit the form along with all the required documents to the nearest Election Commission Office.
- The Election Commission Office will check your application and will send a new EPIC with the corrected address to your residential address.
Change of Address in Gujarat Voter ID Online Process
In case the voter moves to another constituency, or selected a wrong constituency at the time of registration, he/she can change their address online which is a hassle-free and convenient method offered by the Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat:
- Log on to the National Voter’s Services Portal Website www.nvsp.in
- In the homepage, select “Correction of entries in electoral roll”
- In the options that are being displayed, select Form 8 A which is for transposition within the assembly or Form 8 which is for correction of address www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form8
- Now in this form 8, provide details like name, address, contact details, date of birth, father’s name, spouse’s name if applicable and information about family members who already exist in the electoral roll.
- Now submit the form
- After submission, the application will be reviewed and will be forwarded for further verification
- Now once the Form 8 is completely filled and submitted, the applicants are required to save the PDF file they have received and send it to the nearest Election Commission Office in Gujarat.
- Once the verification id done the New Gujarat Voter ID Card with updated address will be sent to your registered address via post.
Track Status of Gujarat Voter ID Online
Once you apply for the voter ID card, you can check the voter ID status online.
Check By Name
- Choose your form:
- Form 6 – (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll after the draft publication of roll)
- Form 7 – (Application Application form for objection to include a name in electoral roll)
- Form 8 – (Application Application form for correction of details in electoral roll)
- Form 8 A – (Application form for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll)
- Enter Your Surname
- First Name
- Father / Husband Name
- Click on search to generate the result
Check By ID
- Choose your form
- Select your form:
- Form 6
- Form 7
- Form 8
- Form 8 A
- Enter your Application Number
- Click on search to generate your results
- Check By District
- Select your District
- Select your assembly
- A list will automatically generate
Track Gujarat Voter ID Status via SMS
To check if your name has been updated in the list of electoral list
Type EPIC voter ID number and send it to 8511199899
Helpline number of ECI (Election Commission of India)
One can call the ECI (Election Commission of India) Helpline number 1950 Toll Free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Once you have received the Voter Id Card make sure to Link the Voter Id Card with Aadhaar Card.Check here for complete step by step linking procedure.
|How to link Voter Id Card with Aadhaar Card.