Home » Posts tagged 'Voter Id Card' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Voter Id Card
Voter ID Card is one of the most important documents a citizen can hold. Primarily, as the name suggest it is required in order to cast our vote to select our representatives. It is also an identity document issued by the Election Commission of India which works as an identity proof, address proof and age proof for various purposes for Indian Citizens.
India is considered to be one of the biggest democracies in the world. And the citizens have been given the power to cast their vote and exercise their fundamental right. Hence it is the responsibility of the citizens to acquire their voter ID card and exercise the power given to us.
Also to have a successful voting system, government should create awareness among the voters regarding the voting process and the eligibility criteria.
The government of Kerala is actively helping and educating its electorate, especially about owning a kerala voter ID card and various processes behind it.
|Important Links Related To Kerala Documents|
|Update Kerala Ration Card|
|Kerala Ration Card Application Procss|
|Kerala Bank IFSC Code|
|Kerala Pin Code|
|Kerala Driving License|
|Aadhaar Card Linking With Kerala Bank Account|
How to Apply for Kerala Voter ID Card
Chief Electoral Office (CEO), Kerala offers online registration option which makes the whole process easy and convenient. Also you can track the status of your application at the comfort of your home through the official online portal.
Follow the below mention steps in order to Register for Kerala Voter ID Card Online
Kerala Voter ID Card Application Form
Visit the Chief Electoral office of Kerala www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/home.html and on the home page, you will be displayed with three options by which to register for the process, which are as follows:
- Self – where you can apply and fill the form yourself
- Through BLO (Booth Level Officer) – In this option you have to apply through booth level officer for your constituency
- Through Akshaya Centre – The government of Kerala has taken an initiative to provide access to Information Technology Services to all across the state.
Self Application CEO Kerala Voter Id Card Registration Process
- In self – application you will have to click on the “self” button, you will get an online form both in English and Malayalam where you have to fill all the required information which includes your district where you reside, date of birth etc. along with your residence status (whether you live in India or residing outside India; NRI (Non Resident of India).
- After filling all the above mentioned information and clicked on “proceed”, you will be directed to a page where you are required to provide the kerala voter ID card number of a family member or a neighbour residing near you.
- After that you will be sent a mail attached with a link to your mail ID to create an account on the website.
- Now you are required to sign in, in order to get the necessary forms to complete your registration.
- For a new registration, you will have to fill in Form 6, which can be filled online and enter the relevant details, once done submit the form.
- Now visit the nearest electoral office and submit a hard copy of the form along with your identity and proof of address.
- Electoral officer will sign on your form and forward it to the Booth Level Officer (BLO), who will then visit your residence to check the authenticity of the details you have mentioned on your form.
- Once the verification is done, you will receive a notification regarding your kerala voter ID card.
- Now, you can visit the nearest electoral office and collect your EPIC and cast your vote in next electoral process.
BLO (Booth Level Officer) Application for Kerala Voter ID Card
- Visit the Chief Electoral office of Kerala /www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/blobla.html and on the home page look for “Through BLO” and click on it and enter the BLO number of your Booth officer.
- This page will display a form where you have to fill in details which includes your district, date of birth, and details of an existing kerala voter ID card
- Now you will have to provide your neighbour’s or your relatives’ kerala voter ID cards number as well as their relation to you
- Once done, an online form will appear onscreen. Fill in the required details such as your full name, address, gender etc and submit the form
- After that a mail will be sent to you for further process such as document submission, and the details submitted will be verified
- Once verified you will be notified and can collect your Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) from your nearest electoral office.
Kerala Voter ID Card Application Through Akshaya Centre
- Visit the official election website and enter the Akshaya Centre code and you will be directed to a page where you are required to enter details the site is asking for.
- Login to your Akshaya Centre account and fill in the application form, entering the required details and submit the form online.
- Fill in form 6 to enrol on the electoral roll of a constituency.
- The booth level officers will visit your place to verify the details provided to you and once they are verified you will be notified regarding the status of your application.
- You will have to then visit the electoral office and collect your Electoral Photo ID card.
Documents Required for the Registration Process
Keep the below mentioned documents handy as they are required along with your application form:
- Proof of address – Can be Aadhaar Card, Passport, Ration Card, Bank Passbook, Driving License
- Proof of age – Can be Birth Certificate, Class Xth Marksheet, Driving License, Passport.
- Passport sized photograph
How to Track Status of Kerala Voter ID Card
Once applied for a kerala voter ID card, it is important to keep a track of the status of your kerala voter id card application. Election commission of Kerala provides both online and offline methods to check your application status.
Tracking Kerala Voter ID Card Status Online via CEO Kerala Official Website
- To track the kerala voter ID status online, you will have to visit the Kerala CEO website www.ceo.kerala.gov.in/rollsearch.html
- There are two ways by which you can search for your voter ID card. First is you can search by entering your electoral photo identity card (EPIC number)
- As another option you can also search by selecting a District and Legislative Assembly, constituency along with details like name relation name (Name of father, mother, husband or guardian) and house name.
Tracking Kerala Voter ID Card Status via SMS and Helpline Number
Election commission of Kerala provides the facility to track the status of your kerala voter ID card via SMS which is very easy and a convenient option.
Track Kerala Voter ID Card Status via SMS
Type ELE Voter ID Number and send it to 54242 / 537252.
You can also call on the toll free ECI helpline number 1950. This number is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Kerala Voter ID Card
In case you misplace your voter ID card or it is stolen, you can apply for a duplicate voter ID card. Follow the below mention steps to apply for a duplicate kerala voter ID card:
- Visit the official website of Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Kerala and click on the “Online Voter Registration” tab on the home page and you will be redirected to a page where you can register as a new voter.
- To register look for “please download form here” option, which will open Form EPIC 001 in a new tab and fill in the required details such as your full name, address, date of birth, voter ID number, constituency etc.
- Once the form is filled, print it and submit it to the tehsildar of your constituency
- Election officers will visit your residence to verify the details you have provided. In case your form is verified you will be notified regarding the same and can collect your duplicate Voter ID card from the nearest electoral office.
How to Make Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card
Making Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card Offline
For those who do not have a secured internet connection or not proficient in using a computer can make the changes in their voter ID offline. Read below to know the procedure to make corrections in kerala voter ID card offline
- Visit your nearest Electoral Office and request for Form 8 which is the application form to make changes in your kerala voter ID card
- Fill in the form with correct details and submit it, whereupon you will receive an acknowledgement
- Once your application is verified, you will receive the corrected kerala voter ID card through the post, or you can collect it from the office.
Making Corrections in Kerala Voter ID Card Online via CEO Kerala Official Website
In case of errors such as misspelling of name or other details in your voter ID card, you should correct it without any delay as it is an important government document which also works as an identity proof.
- To make the corrections in your Voter ID card visit the official portal of Chief Electoral Officer in Kerala, where you will find a list of forms regarding voter ID application
- In order to make changes in voter ID card you are required to fill Form 8 in which you need to mention name, address, name of father etc. and submit it
- After that you receive an acknowledgement and your updated voter ID will be sent to your address as mentioned on the form or you can also pay a visit to the nearest electoral office and collect it in person.
How to Change Address in Kerala Voter ID Card
Offline Method to change address of Kerala Voter ID Card
In case you change your place of residence, it should be updated in your voter ID card as well. In order to change your address in voter ID card offline in Kerala, follow the below mention steps:
- You are required to collect and fill up Form 8 A, which is a form for migration from one electoral roll to another. You can collect the form from your nearest electoral office
- Once you collect the form from an electoral office, fill in the required details such as full name, old address, as well as your kerala voter ID card number
- Also make sure to submit a copy of an official document mentioning your current address, such as a passport, bank pass book, electricity / telephone / gas bill etc. and submit it to the electoral office along with a proof of your current address in the form of utility bills or any such document
- Once the form and documents are submitted, a Booth Level Officer will pay you a visit at your current residence to verify the documents and information you have provided. In case of a successful verification, you will be issued with a new kerala voter ID card with the address change reflected.
Online Method to Change Address of Kerala Voter ID Card via CEO Kerala Official Website
Election Commission of Kerala provides online method so that people can apply for a change in their voter ID card easily. Read below to know how to change address in kerala voter ID card using the online method:
- Visit the official Election Commission of India website and download Form 8 A and fill in the details the form is asking for such as old address, new address, voter ID number and submit the form
- Also make sure to attach the required documents in order the change the address in kerala voter ID card which are utility bills, passport copy, bank pass book etc
- Once done, you will receive an acknowledgement and a Booth Level Officer will pay you a visit at your current residence to verify the documents and information you have provided. In case of successful verification, you will receive your voter ID card with the changed address, or you can collect from the Electoral Office.
The Elections in Andhra Pradesh is conducted according to the Constitution in India by the Election Commission of India whose state-level head is the Chief Election Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh. The latest election process in Andhra Pradesh was conducted in 2 phases. All the citizens of India who are 18 years or above that are eligible to enroll as a voter in the electoral rolls. It is the responsibility of the eligible voters to be responsible towards the democracy and enroll their names in the elections. The voter registrations are allowed latest one week prior to the last date for the nomination of the candidates.
|Important Links Related To Andhra Pradesh (AP) Documents|
|Apply For AP EPDS Ration Card||Click Here|
|AP EPDS Ration Card Correction||Click Here|
|AP EPDS Ration Card – Download & Check Status||Click Here|
|Check Andhra Bank IFSC COde||Click Here|
|Check Andhra Pradesh Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Linking With Andhra Bank Account||Click Here|
Types of Electoral Forms in Office of CEO Andhra Pradesh
There are various types of forms available during the Election process. Each of these forms performs different activities, they are made for serving different purposes. You need to be careful when you choose any form. The form along with the purposes are described below:
|Form 6 (click here to download)||Application for inclusion of name for electoral roll|
|Form 7 (click here to download)||Application form for objection/deletion of name from the electoral roll.|
|Form 8 (click here to download)||Application Form for correction of details|
|Form 8 A (click here to download)||Application form for transposition of entry in the electoral roll.|
How to apply for Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
Online Method to Apply for Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh
The Chief Electoral Officer CEO of Andhra Pradesh completely manages and works under the instructions of the Election Commission of India. It keeps a close check on the work involving the elections in the country (By-Elections and General Elections).
Below is the procedure of how to apply for a Voter ID online in CEO Andhra Pradesh
- Firstly, visit the website ceoandhra.nic.in and click on the E-registration option.
- Now under the E-registration section, there are two options named Council Constituency and Assembly Constituency.
- Now select the Form 6 from the Assembly Constituency.
- When you open the Form 6, an application form comes in front of you which has to be filled in.
- Fill in the form accurately and enter the submit option to send the application form. The application form is sent to the Andhra Pradesh Election Commission.
- A reference number is sent after the form submission. This reference number is used for tracking down your application status.
- Then a Booth Level Officer will visit your place and verify all the information that you have given in the application form.
- If all the information that you have submitted is correct then you will receive your Voter ID Card in no time.
- If you are facing trouble with any issues regarding the application procedure, you can call on the Toll- Free Number provided –1950.
Offline Method to Apply for Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh
If you are unable to apply online for a Voter Card then you can opt for an Offline process. Below is the step-by-step procedure for the offline procedure of Voter ID card.
- Collect the form along with the other listed forms from the Electoral Office nearest to your place. If you are a new applicant then you have to fill in Form 6.
- Along with the correct form for the application, as in Form 6, you must also submit the necessary KYC Documents as your age proof, ID Proof, Address Proof. You must also submit the photocopies of the driving license, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Latest Utility Bill, SSLC Book, Ration Card, Rental/Lease Agreement or LIC Policy Paper along with the other documents accordingly.
- Also submit the information of your other family members who already possess, Voter ID Card as their names are already included in the electoral roll.
- Now go to the closest Electoral Registration Office and submit the documents.
- After the submission, the Booth Level Officers will visit your residence and verify them, information that you have submitted.
- To give the Voter ID’s to all the eligible voters, Regular Drives are conducted by the Election Commission of India (ECI) at Designated Photographic Locations (DPIs). These types of drives are endorsed in every new media from time to time.
How to Track Status of Voter ID Card in Andhra Pradesh
Online Process for Tracking Status of Voter ID of AP
- Visit the official CEO Andhra Pradesh website – http://ceoaperms.ap.gov.in/status/search.aspx
- You can check your application status by entering your Application ID or your House Number.
- Now select the Form – Form 6, Form 7, Form 8, and Form 8A.
- Now enter the Application ID or House Number and Click on Search to get the results.
Tracking CEO Andhra Voter ID Status via SMS
To track your Voter ID via SMS, send the SMS in the following Format
VOTE<voter ID number> to 9246280027
Through Help-Line Number
You can call on the ECI Helpline Number (Toll-Free) 1950. This helpline number is available on all working days from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How to Apply For Duplicate Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
If in case your Voter ID is lost, stolen and damaged then there are some Legal Rules and Regulations that you should follow. The Election Commission of India has eased the process. The procedure for applying a Duplicate Card is as follows:
- The first thing that you have to do is, visit the nearest Police Station and File a FIR. Taking this step is very important as Voter ID Card is treated as the National identification Official Document and can be misused. Every citizen above 18 years must have this document. With a FIR filing, you are safe from the fraudulence activities.
- The FIR that you have file must include all the particulars on how and when did you lose your ID and also mention that you want to apply for a Duplicate ID Card. Keep a copy of the FIR document.
- Now download the Form 002, which is mainly designed for the Duplicate Voter ID Card application purpose.
- You can collect this form directly from the local Election Commission Office.
- Fill in the form as directed and all the information must be accurate. Attach a copy of FIR along with the KYC Documents.
- Then just like the First Time Application, the Booth Level Officers will visit your residence and verify all the documents and tally the information that you have submitted.
- After the verification, you will receive your Voter ID card by post.
Verification Process of the Voter ID in CEO Andhra Pradesh
The Verification process is the most important step in the whole Electoral Process. The Election Commission of India verifies every Voter’s details by sending officials to their houses. Even though the verification process of Voter ID in Andhra Pradesh is mostly handled by the Election Commission of India but it needs a backup support from the State Election Commissioners to accelerate the procedure. The Voter ID usually comes within 30 days after the submission of the application of the Voter ID. The verification process is much easier and faster for those who have given the hard copies of all of the documents.
How to make corrections in Voter ID of Andhra Pradesh
Making Corrections in Voter ID Card of Andhra Pradesh Online
For the Voter ID card Correction Form 8 is available online on the official website CEO Andhra Pradesh. The Form 8 is useful for those people who find more than one error in the new Voter ID. The process of the Voter ID Correction can be done online and is quite simple.
An alternate way, you can also download the form from Meeseva and after the submission, the same verification process takes place as that of during the application of the Voter ID. Then the Booth Level Officer visits your residence to verify all the documents and confirm the submitted details. Soon your corrected Voter ID will be delivered to you via post.
Making Corrections in Voter ID Card of Andhra Pradesh Offline
There are many people out there who are not comfortable and handy with the online process, therefore to resolve this the Election Commission of India has also the Offline process to make it more simple and quick.
All you have to do is visit the nearest regional Electoral office and collect the Form 8 from the counter. Fill in the form accurately and submit it.
The officials will ask you for the supporting documents of proof through which the changes have to be made.
Like for an example: if you are newly married then, you need to change your surname, in this case, they might ask you for the Marriage Certificate.
After the submission of the application form, the as usual verification procedure takes place and an Official will come and visit you the place to verify and recheck all the documents. Later after the successful verification, the Voter ID Cards will be given via post.
How to Change Address in Voter ID of AP
Online Process to Change Address of Voter ID Card of AP
There can be many reasons for the change in the address- like if you are shifting to a new place or got married, changed city because of work and much more. If you are married, then you have to submit your Marriage Certificate. The students are requested to submit a declaration application given by their school or university if they are ready to change the Voter ID’s address to their present address (of the hostel or rental house). If you are relocated by your boss or any Government Institution then you should submit a declaration signed by your Boss.
Following are the steps to change the address in the Voter ID online:
- Login to the Chief Electoral’s officers using the credentials. Click on the “Electoral Services” on the home page.
- Select the option “Change in Address” and the desired form is displayed on the screen.
- Please enter the EPIC number. If in case you have the “EPIC Number” then you can click on the option “Don’t Know EPIC” and the system will request you for the district and the Constituency by which your number can be tracked.
- Now enter both the new and the old address on the form and agree to the declaration that the information provided is correct. After the submission of the form the usual review is done along with the verification by the Officer is followed.
- After the above process, the new Voter ID card is sent.
Offline Process of Change in Address in the Voter ID card
For the offline process, for the change in the address in the Voter ID Card please follow the steps:
- Collect the Form 8A from the nearest Regional Office.
- Fill in the form and sign the form number 8A which is specially designed for this purpose.
- Attach all the required documents that are necessary for the Change in the address purpose. These documents include the Aadhaar card, Passport, Utility Bill, Ration Card etc.
- Submit the form at the Electorate Office.
- The Election Commission Office will verify the form and will send a new modified form of the Voter ID card.
Thus, these are the various procedures of applying for a Voter Card and tracking down its application.
The Constitution of India under Article 326 has provided the right to every citizen the right to vote and take part in elections after reaching 18 years of age. This right is available to every citizen irrespective of caste, class, gender etc. The right to vote is not a fundamental duty under article 51A of Indian constitution but it is a civic duty of every Indian citizen to take part in elections. The Voter ID card which is also called the EPIC (Electronic Photo Identity card ) is issued by the Election Commission of India.
How to apply for a Voter ID Card of CEO WEST Bengal
Elections in West Bengal is similarly conducted in accordance with the law enshrined in the Indian constitution. West Bengal is one of the most politically active states in India. Elections in West Bengal is conducted by the West Bengal State Election Commission. In order to practice the right to vote, all Indian citizens are required to have voter ID card. Various ways of applying for a voter Id card in West Bengal are:
Apply for CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Online
The following steps must be taken in order to apply for a voter card in West Bengal:
- Visit the official website of West Bengal CEO.
- After this, you will be redirected to its homepage where you are required to fill form number 6.
- You can select your preferred language to fill the form.
- New users must first register in the portal with the current mobile number and Email ID.
- After filling all the details, you are required to upload the necessary documents and then submit.
- After the submission of the form along with the documents, the verification process will get started within two to three weeks.A booth level officer will be sent to the applicant’s residence for verification.
- Once all the details provided are proved correct a new voter Id card will be sent to the registered address within four to five days.
Apply for CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Offline
While the online process is the easier process, there are a number of people in the rural West Bengal who prefer to go to the electoral office and complete the process of application. The following steps must be taken while applying for a voter Id card offline:
- Visit your nearest electoral office along with the necessary KYC documents like proof of residence, identity and age.
- Fill the form and recheck it avoid any mistakes.
- Submit the completed form along with the necessary KYC documents to the nearest the Electoral Registration Office.
- In order to speed up the process, you can mention the names of your family members whose names are already on the voter list.
- After this, the verification will start and a booth level officer will be sent to the applicant’s residence to verify the information provided in person.
- The Election commission organizes regular drives to check whether or not all the listed voters are provided with a voter Id.
How to track Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There are various avenues by which the status of the voter Id card can be checked. The steps of some of the methods are given below:
Check Voter ID Status Online of CEO West Bengal
By checking the electoral rolls in the official website of the West Bengal CEO one can know whether he or she is included in the voter list.The following steps must be taken to track the status of the voter Id card online:
- Go to the search page of the Official Website.
- You can search for your electoral rolls either district wise or constituency wise.
- You can search your roll by either entering your name or your relation’s name and then click on the “search” option.
Check Voter ID Card status via SMS in WB
This facility also helps in knowing the employee’s number, the name of the constituency, polling booth etc.The status of your application can be tracked simply by sending an SMS in the following pattern in either of the following number:
- WBEC voter ID number to 51969.
- voter Id number to 9433633333.
Voter ID by Calling the ECI helpline number
The status of your voter Id can also be checked by calling the ECI helpline number, that is 1950. The helpline is available from 10 am to 5 pm on all working days.
How to apply for a duplicate Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There may arise a number of situations when you might want a duplicate Voter ID card. For instance when you have lost your ID card when your ID card got stolen or misplaced etc. For reissuing a duplicate ID card the following steps must be taken:
- Before issuing a duplicate voter id card one should first file a FIR to the police station.
- The FIR must be filled along with an application form containing the name, date of loss, voters ID card number etc.
- Once the FIR has been filed, form number 002 must be filled for applying for a duplicate Voter ID card.
- Complete the form and submit it along with the necessary documents and a copy of the FIR that will prove the loss of the Voter ID card, to the nearest Election Commission Office.
- The application will be reviewed and the documents will be verified within a week and a new Voter ID card will be sent to the applicant’s residence.
How to make corrections to the Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There may arise various situations in life when a person might want to make changes / Correction to the information provided in the voter’s id card, for example, change in surname after marriage, or if a person got the voters Id card with a misspell name etc.There are two ways by which an individual can make corrections to the voter Id card.The details of both these methods are given below:
Online method of correction to CEO West Bengal Voter Id card
The online method is quite simple as it will reduce your visit to the Regional Electoral Office. You can simply download form number 8 from the official website of the Election Commission of India.While filling the form make sure that each information provided is correct and up to date.The completed form must be submitted along with all the mandatory documents.After this, a booth level officer will again visit your residence to verify the information in person.Once the verification process gets completed a new voter Id will be sent to your address.
Offline method of correction to CEO West Bengal Voter Id card
While the online method is the easier method, many people in rural India prefers the offline method more.The offline method helps people to clear their doubts by asking the official authorities in person.In the offline method, a person can simply visit the nearest Regional Electoral Office and collect form 8. This form must be filled and submitted along with the necessary documents.After the application process is completed a booth level officer will be sent who will verify the information in person.Once the verification process gets completed a new voter id card will be sent to the address of the applicant.
In the year 2017, the elections were held in 5 states already for the Assembly which are: Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand, and Goa. This year along with the Gujarat Assembly, the Himachal Pradesh will also witness the voting and polling in all the districts of the State for the State Assembly elections. The final dates are not issued yet. Election Commision has announced the schedule for election. The 2017 Election for HP State Assembly will be held on 9th November. The detailed schedule is given below.
HP State Assembly Election 2017 Schedule
The Himachal Pradesh Election Commission is soon going to conduct Vidhan Sabha Elections in 2017. Many of the citizens are eagerly waiting for the election dates. The Himachal Pradesh Voter Card List 2017 for the Vidhan Sabha Elections is given for all 12 districts in Himachal Pradesh is live on Himachal CEO’s official Website.
|Event||Date of Event|
|Start of Nomination Filing||16th Oct 2017|
|Last date for Filing Nominations||23rd Oct 2017|
|Scrutiny of nominations||24th Oct 2017|
|Withdrawal of candidatures – Last Day||26th Oct 2017|
|Polling Day||9th Nov 2017|
|Counting and Result Day||18th Dec 2017|
The Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly has no pre-constitution records. The State is known to be a post-independence state. The State first came into being as the Centrally Administered territory on April 15th, 1948. The Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly Elections which are going to hold on 2017, to elect 68 members of the Himachal Pradesh (Vidhan Sabha) as the term ends on 7th of January 2018 and the elections could be held before that. Virbhadra Singh is the current Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and Narinder Chauhan is the current CEO of the state who is an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS).
Voter Card List is also called as Electoral Roll: The electoral roll (also called an electoral register or poll book) is a list of persons who are eligible to vote in a particular electoral district and who are registered to vote.
Voter List is a collection of names and other details of all the voters in the state. It is mainly a database which is created by the Election Commission that contains all the information of the eligible voters like Name, Age, Address, Photo etc. and the file containing all the information about the Voters is called as the Electoral Roll.
How to Check Your Name in the Voter List
To check whether your name is there in the Voter List you have to follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Himachal Pradesh Election Commission page Here
- Then select your District and Constituency.
- Now enter your name, Father’s/ Husband’s name, and your age and select the Gender.
- Enter the code, that is given in the box and click submit.
- Once all the information is filled in, you need to click on the “Search button“.
- The entire details or the information will be shown below.
- You will find your name, serial number, Voter Card Number, Constituency Number, Polling Station Number and even the House Number mentioned.
- The very first option is the “Show Voter Slip” which means that you can view your Voter Slip Online.
If you all of these details exist after searching, then it means that your details exist in the database and you are an eligible candidate to cast a vote.
How to download Electoral Rolls in PDF Files
Following steps are to be taken to download PDF Files of Electoral Rolls
- Visit the Website of HP Elections Here: www.electionhp.gov.in
- Then select your District and Assembly Segment.
- Then select the Polling Stations.
- Click on “Show PDF” Button to download the pdf file.
The Senior Staff Election Commission officers has reviewed the Poll preparations in the state and said that VVPAT machines are used in the electoral roll. The Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail Machines will be used in the elections as this will provide an optimum use of the Latest Information technology for an effective and efficient condition.
The Voter Identity Card is also called the Electoral Photo Identity card or the EPIC card. In India, there are numerous identity cards like PAN card, Aadhaar card, ration card etc. All these cards are important and have their own unique purpose. The Voter Id card is meant to identify those people who are eligible to vote or take part in elections. Gurgaon also known as Gurugram has a population of more than 800,000 people and is governed by a Municipal Council. Every five years citizens of Gurgaon exercise their Right to Voter in Municipal, State and Union elections.
In India, every individual who has reached the age of 18 years are eligible to vote and take part in an election. Unlike other cards, the significance of the Voter Id card is that it is also used as a proof of Indian citizenship. Thus, it acts as a mandatory KYC document for almost all deals and processes be it government, private, national or international.
The right to vote is a fundamental right provided to every Indian citizen by the constitution of India. The constitution states that every Indian Citizen who has reached 18 years of age have the right to vote irrespective of caste, class, creed, gender etc. As a responsible citizen, every one of us should cast our vote during the time of an election. In order to vote and fulfill our duty as a good citizen, we need the Voter Id card.
Steps To Apply For A Voter Id Card In Gurgaon
Earlier the task of applying for a Voter Id card was not easy as a person had to go through a numerous verification and documentation process.However, with the introduction of the online portal by the government this task has become much easier than before.There are two avenues by which a person can apply for a Voter Id card in Gurgaon, that is, either via the online portal or by enrolling offline.The details of the method of enrollment are given below:
Apply for Voter Id Card Online in Gurugram Haryana
The following steps must be taken while applying for voters id online
- Visit the official website of Haryana CEO: www.ceoharyana.nic.in
- After this click on “online voter registration“.
- Now, click on the link provided and you will be redirected to the NVSP website.
- Click on the option “Apply online for registration of new voter“.
- A form will appear on the screen.You are required to fill all the details in the application form.
- You can either save the form and complete it later or you can complete it immediately and then click on “submit“
- After successful submission, a unique application Id will be provided which can be used in the future for tracking the application status.
Apply for Voter Id Card Offline in Gurgaon
In the offline method, Field officers will visit the household of eligible electors during the revision of electoral roll. This is done annually. The field officer gives information about the next drive for the application of Voter Id. A series of dates will be provided, for the applicant is required to submit form number 6 at the designated location. The form can be either downloaded from the website of Haryana CEO or can also be availed at the designated location or Download it from here. The filled form can be submitted in the following location.
- Designated location where the electoral roll is displayed, which is usually the polling station.
- Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency.
While applying for a Voter Id the following documents must be available to the applicant
- Recent passport size photographs.
- PAN card.
- Aadhaar card.
- Driving license.
- Indian Passport.
- Board mark sheet that shows the date of birth of the individual.
- If the applicant has not completed class 10 then he or she will have to go to ERO/AERO/BLO for verification. Further, his or her parents must make a declaration as provided in Annexure-1.
- In case a person has not completed class 10 and do not have any parents then he or she must visit the concerned Municipal Committee or Gram Panchayat for a certificate declaring his or her age.
- Birth certificate from the government or the school that the applicant has last attended.
- Birth certificate provided by the municipality Board or the District Registrar of Births and deaths.
- Proof of residence like driving license, passport, ration card, a copy of Income Tax Returns filed etc.
- In case a person wants to apply for a duplicate card then a copy of a FIR of the lost card must be presented.
How To Apply For A Duplicate Voter ID Card in Gurgaon Haryana
A person can either apply online or offline for a duplicate Voter ID card in Gurgaon.The following steps can be taken while applying for a Voter Id in Gurgaon.
Online method of applying for a Duplicate Voter ID Card
The following steps must be taken to apply for a Voter Id card online Go to the official website of the chief electoral officer and download the form EPIC-002.
- Go to the official website of the chief electoral officer and download the form EPIC-002.
- Complete the form and attach the documents required along with it.
- After this submit the form and the documents to the nearest Electoral Office.
- When the submission process gets completed a reference number will be provided which can be used by the applicant in the future to track the status of the application.
- The Application will be verified by the Electoral Officer.
- After successful verification, a duplicate card will be produced which must be collected from the nearest Electoral Office.
Offline method to apply for the Voter ID Card in Gurugram
The steps must be taken in the offline method to complete the process of application for a Voter Id Card
- Visit your nearest Electoral office and fill the form EPIC-002, which is available in every EO.
- You are required to provide all details asked in the form and submit it to the electoral office.
- After the submission of the form, a reference number will be provided to the applicant which he or she can use later to track the status of the application.
- After this, the application will be verified by the Electoral Officer.
- Upon successful verification, a duplicate card will be issued which the applicant can collect from the Electoral Office.
Ways To Track Application Status of Voter Id Card In Gurgaon
After successfully applying for a Voter Id card, the applicant can track his or her status of the application via the following methods
Check Voter Id status Online
In order to check the status online, the following steps must be taken
- Visit the official website of Haryana CEO.
- Click on “Track your application“,
- After this, a form will appear where you are required to fill details like district, Assembly constituency, date etc and then click on “Search“.
Check Voter Id by sending SMS
The status of the application can also be checked by sending an SMS to 9954699899 in the following format; VOTEHRY (space) Voter card number and then send the message to the above number.
Check Voter Id by calling the ECI helpline number
Another option of checking the status of the application form is by calling the national ECI helpline number-1800 111 400. The helpline number is toll-free and the applicant can approach the customer service executive with their complaints, queries and status request between 10 am to 5 pm on all working days.
Things To Remember
While applying for a Voter Id card in Gurgaon the following points should be kept in mind
- It is compulsory for all the applicants who are between the ages 18 and 21 to provide proof of their age. All other can apply by simply providing a declaration of their age.
- Although it is not mandatory to provide the contact details, it is recommended that the applicant provide the same so that the status of the Voter Id card can be sent to the registered mobile number in the future.
- You can apply for a Voter Id card even if you are not in Gurgaon. You can download form 6 online, from the official website of Haryana CEO, fill it and send it along with the necessary documents to the concerned Electoral Registration Officer.
Once you get the new Voter ID Card better make sure to link it with Aadhaar Card. Read here for more details: How to link Aadhaar with Voter Id Card?