The Government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with the bank accounts and also while making any transaction above 50000.If Aadhaar is not linked by December 31 then all the Aadhaar less accounts will be deactivated. This decision of the government has been informed to all the tax payers beforehand as a “partial relief” to all those people who do not possess a Aadhaar card or an enrollment number.
Union Bank of India.
The first headquarters of the Union bank of India was set up in Mumbai in year of 1919.The headquarters was inaugurated by none other than Mahatma Gandhi. Today it one of the largest government owned bank. The vision of the bank is to continue improvising its services and to be the first choice of consumers by building a strong consumer relationship. The mission of the bank is to become more consumer centric, provide a range of products to its customers, promote its brand, become a leader in financial inclusion and become a tech savvy.
The UBI was listed in Forbes 2000 and was awarded the best Technology bank of the year 2015-16.
As per a report in 2016, the bank had 4214 branches and a network of 6909 ATMs all over the country.
How to Link Aadhaar With Union Bank Account
The Aadhaar linking with the bank account is also necessary to avail payments of government schemes (like MNREGA, pension scheme, Atal Pension Yojna etc.), filing for tax returns, for opening a bank account etc. The following points must be kept in mind while linking Aadhaar with the UBI bank account:
Documents required: The following document are required for linking Aadhaar with bank account.
- A xerox copy and the original Aadhaar card
- The bank’s passbook and a copy of the same
Methods of linking Aadhaar with bank account: There are two ways by which an account holder can link the Aadhaar card with the UBI bank account. They are
- Offline method: For the offline method a person will have to physically visit the bank branch. The following steps must be taken ensure Aadhaar and bank account linking:
- Fill the form available at the bank branch to apply for the linking process. The form must be completed and all the details that are provided must be correct.
- After completing the form, it must be submitted to a bank officer.
- After this the bank might ask for the documents for verification.
- After the verification is completed the documents will be handed over to the account holder.
- On successful verification, the account will be manually linked to bank account by the bank officers.
- Once the account is successfully link with Aadhaar a confirmation SMS or e-mail of the same will be sent to the account holder.
- Online method: the online process of linking Aadhaar with bank account comprises of the following steps:
- Visit the official website of Union bank of India (www.unionbankonline.co.in) and register.
- After this the account holder is required to provide the 15-digit Aadhaar number
- After this the account holder is required to provide additional details like name, mobile number, email id, Aadhaar number and then submit it
- Once the documents are verified the linking will be done manually
- After the Aadhaar gets successfully linked, a confirmation SMS and a mail about the same will be sent to the account holder.
Visit here to know how to check the Aadhaar and Bank Account linking status online.