Home » Posts tagged 'uidai'
Tag Archives: uidai
Government’s flagship program Aadhaar is surrounded by many privacy issues. Recently, UIDAI (Unique Identification Development Authority of India) introduced a new concept of ‘Virtual ID’ which Aadhaar card holders can generate from its website and give for various purposes which include SIM verification, instead of sharing the actual 12 – digit biometric ID.
By opting this method, users can refrain themselves from sharing their Aadhaar number at the time of authentication.
Now, for any kind of verification process 12 digit Aadhaar number is needed. However, once ‘Virtual ID’ comes into the play, which would be a random 16 – digit number together with biometrics of the users would give any authorized agency like a mobile company, limited details like name, address and photograph, which are enough for any verification.
UIDAI official confirmed that a user can generate as many virtual Ids he wishes as upon generating a new ID, the older one automatically gets cancelled.
Another measure that has been introduced by UIDAI along with ‘Virtual ID’ is ‘limited KYC’ (Know Your Customer) under which it will only provide need-based or limited details of a user to an authorised agency that is providing a particular service, for example, a telecom.
It is also important to note that a virtual ID is not ‘permanent’ like Aadhaar number; it will be a temporary 16 – digit number which will be mapped to a person’s Aadhaar number which can be cancelled or revoked any time. The Aadhaar issuing body will start accepting it from March 1, 2018.
From June onwards it will be compulsory for all agencies that undertake authentication to accept the Virtual ID from their users.
Agencies those who will not adapt to this new system by the given deadline will have to face financial obstruction.
UIDAI has taken this move in order to strengthen the privacy and security of Aadhaar data that comes amid heightened concerns around the collection and storage of personal and demographic data of individuals.
Recently back, Supreme Court has passed a historic judgement that Right to Privacy is a fundamental right guaranteed under Article 21 of the Indian Constitution.
To read more about the verdict you can also read https://rupeenomics.com/verdict-aadhaar-right-privacy-case/
The users will have to visit the official website of UIDAI in order to generate their Virtual ID which will be valid for a defined of time, or till the user decides to change it.
According to the UIDAI, agencies that undertake authentication would not be allowed to generate the Virtual ID behalf of Aadhaar holder.
As many as 119 crores biometric identifiers have been issued so far and Aadhaar is required as an identity proof of residents by various government and non-government entities.
For instance, the government has made it mandatory for verifying bank account and PAN to weed out black money and bring unaccounted wealth to book. The same for SIM has been mandated to establish the identity of mobile phone users.
uidai.gov.in is the UIDAI Official Website. In order to ensure transparency, efficiency and good governance the government of India has introduced the Aadhaar act 2016. This act was also introduced to ensure targeted delivery of subsidies to the poor and weaker section of the society. The Aadhaar Act also made UIDAI as the implementation agency for allotting Unique Aadhaar Numbers to Residents of India. Keeping these goals in mind the government has made Aadhaar card mandatory in order to avail a number of government sponsored subsidies. Besides this Aadhaar is also used as a KYC document by a number of service providing companies like telecom companies, banks ,passport etc.
The Aadhaar Card not only acts as a address proof or but also identity proof. The data is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Based on the biometric and demographic data provided by the individual, the Aadhaar number is issued which is a 12 digit unique number provided to every individual.
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Aadhaar Card Information||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|
UIDAI Official Website Services
Show Enrolment Center Location – UIDAI
Rather than searching the the entire city or traveling miles for a Aadhaar center a person can simply visit the UIDAI Official Website to know the nearest enrolment center. Ways of searching the enrolment center.
- First by state, if a person is traveling or not sure which enrollment center will be nearest to him or her or if in general a person wants to know the enrollment center in his state.
- Second area wise, if a person knows his or her PIN code of an area then area wise enrollment center can be searched. However if a person does not know the area then he or she can.
Show Aadhaar Authentication History
Unique Identification Authority of India or commonly known as UIDAI who administers Aadhaar has introduced the provision of checking where and when your Aadhaar card was used. Follow the below mentioned steps for the same:
- Visit Aadhaar authentication history page i.e. resident.uidai.gov.in/home
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the picture on your screen
- Select ‘Generate OTP’ (One Time Password)
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile phone number. Don’t forget to verify your number on the UIDAI Official Website
- Now you will get an option to choose the period of information and the number of transactions. Enter the OTP you have received on your phone and click on submit option
- Now, you will see a date, time and type of all Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period you had chosen. However, the page won’t show who made the requests.
You see the full details here.
Aadhaar Number on Mobile Phone
In case of emergency or in a situation when a person does not remember the Aadhaar number or probably has lost his or her Aadhaar number than the online portal can be used to know your Aadhaar number. You can also choose to get the number via SMS. In such a case, the number will be sent to the number provided in Aadhaar card. To get the Aadhaar number via SMS a person should know the EID, date of enrolment as well as the mobile number registered in the Aadhaar portal
Check Status of Aadhaar Application on UIDAI Official Website
There has been a number of situations when an Aadhaar Card is not delivered to a person after enrolment. In such a case, the Online portal can also be used to know the Aadhaar status. To check the Aadhaar status a person should know the enrolment id, date of enrolment and the security code. The enrolment id and the date of enrolment can be found at the top of the acknowledgment form which is provided to a person at the time of enrolment.
Check Status of Aadhaar Update Request via UIDAI Official Website
Whether you have requested for an update in your Aadhaar Online (via UIDAI Official Website) or Offline (via an enrolment centre or Bank Branch), you can check the status of your update request. To check the status of
- Offline Update Request visit the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Online Update Request visit the https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
Locking and Unlocking Biometrics via UIDAI Website
Every citizen of India while enrolling for an Aadhaar card is required to provide his or her biometrics which includes fingerprint scan and iris scan. To ensure that the biometric data is safe a person has the option of locking them in online portal. Further, they can unlock it anytime they want. However, it must be noted that the locked biometrics cannot be used by the user for any kind of authentication thus avoiding any kind misuse.
Duplicate Aadhaar/ Downloading E-Aadhaar
In case a person lost his or her Aadhaar card then they do not have to enroll for the Aadhaar card E-Aadhaar is similar to the Aadhaar card a person gets via post. To download the card online one should know the enrolment id or Aadhaar number, PIN code. Further, a person will also have to fill in his name and security verification. In case a person does not remember the Aadhaar number then the enrolment number as well the registered mobile number will have to be provided.
When Aadhaar Needs to be Updated
The details in the Aadhaar card can also be updated in the UIDAI Official Website. A person a can also update the details by visiting the Aadhaar enrollment but this not only time-consuming but a person is also required to pay Rs 25 to make the updates.
UIDAI has made changes to the online tools. As earlier, the subscribers could change or update details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online itself. However, now only address can be updated online and rest of the details can be changed or updated by visiting the Aadhaar Kendra or Aadhaar centre, which is in effect from October 20, 2017.
Checking Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status
As the Government has made it mandatory to submit Aadhaar while opening new bank account and also that the existing bank account should be linked Aadhaar Card of the account holder before December 31,2017. The Government has also warned that the Aadhaar-less Bank Accounts will become invalid. To check the linking status of your Aadhaar and Bank account follow these simple steps:
- Visit the UIDAI official website: www.uidai.gov.in
- Go to “Aadhaar Online Services” Section, look for “Check Aadhaar and bank account status” link
- On clicking the link, you will be redirected to UIDAI Bank Mapper’s Portal.
- Enter the “Aadhaar Number” and “Security Code” displayed on the page.
- Click on “Send OTP”, an OTP will be received on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP in the “Enter OTP” box and Submit
- Your linking status will be displayed to you.
If you haven’t linked your Aadhaar with your Bank Account. Check out this article on how to link your Aadhaar with Bank account.
The UIDAI Official Website along with its features can be used anywhere and anytime in this country, making the lives of the people much easier.
|Check Aadhaar Card Status||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card (Mobile)||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Enrolment ID||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card by Name||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card Form||Hindi English|
|Aadhaar Card Data Update Form||Click here|
|Update Aadhaar Card Online||Click here|
|Official Website of UIDAI||Click here|
|Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Link Status||Click here|
|Check Aadhaar Authentication History||Click here|
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) who is the issuer of 12 – digit Unique Identification Number on behalf of the government, has modified the online tools where the Aadhaar card holders could update their basic details online. However, in the new changes made by the UIDAI, Aadhaar holders can only update their address online or by post. Only address can be updated online by post with effect from October 20, 2017, the UIDAI said on a micro blogging site, Twitter.
Hence, people now cannot change or update other details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online, they will have to visit the ‘Aadhaar Kendra’ or Aadhaar Centre nearest to them in order to make a request.
How to update Address fed into Aadhaar Database
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and ‘Address Update Request (Online)’ tool. You can find the link here: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Now enter your 12 – digit Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Send OTP’ option, which you will receive on your registered mobile number by the Aadhaar system.
- Now on the next page, you are required to select ‘Address’ and proceed by clicking ‘Submit’ button.
- Now on the next page, the UIDAI website enables the user to check the entries.
- Check the entries properly and proceed by providing the valid documents which supports the changes. And you are required to upload digital files created by scanning the original documents. As stated by UIDAI,Upload original scan copies, else your update request will be rejected… Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request from rejection
- Now select from the available service providers and proceed. At this stage, the UIDAI portal also displays the estimated time required to process your request.
- And finally at the time of submission, a URN (Update Request Number) will be issued. And this URN will be used to track the status of your request.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Address change
You will have to provide following documents to change the address in your Aadhaar Card
- Scanned image of original proof of address (PoA)
- Bank statement / passbook
- Statement of Post Office account / passbook
- Ration card, Voter ID, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill are some of the other documents
Also please note that the bills for water, telephone and electricity must not be older than three months.
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) which is also backed by the Indian Government. The Aadhaar card can be availed by the Indian residents above the age of 18 years.
India is moving towards digitization and government have taken numerous steps to ensure this. In additions to that, government have also introduced e – Aadhaar, which is a 12 digit alphanumeric identity provided by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This card is considered to be the digital Aadhaar card which is available online. E – Aadhaar card has the same validity as Aadhaar card.
How to download e–Aadhaar PDF? eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
Downloading e – Aadhaar PDF is a very easy and simple process. Follow the below mentioned procedure to download your e – Aadhaar PDF:
- Visit the official website of e – Aadhaar i.e. https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Now you will be required to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and in case if you haven’t received your Aadhaar number yet, you can enter your 28 Digit Enrollment ID provided by the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- And enter your full name and Pin code of your permanent address
- And enter the captcha displayed on the screen “Enter Above image Text” and mobile number click on the submit button
- In this step, enter OTP that you have received on your registered mobile phone number and download your e – Aadhaar.
How to open e–Aadhaar PDF? e – Aadhaar password? eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
Once you have downloaded your e – Aadhaar, look for that in downloads folder. Or you can check the PDF in your browsers download section, just type “CTRL + J” to open download section in chrome.
This PDF is password protected. Hence, you will have to enter your password in order to open the PDF.
Earlier, the applicants were required to use Pin code as password as e – Aadhaar is password protected. However, UIDAI has now changed the downloading procedure. It has introduced a new password format which is an eight digit password and it is a combination of first four letters of your name and year of birth and it should be in capital letters. Hence, instead of six digit pin code, applicants are required to enter eight digit passwords in the mentioned format.
Congratulations!! Your Bank Aadhaar Mapping is done. This is the message that you are going to receive after checking the status of linking your Aadhaar with your Bank account. The UIDAI has launched an online tool which issues your 12-digit UID Number and the Aadhaar number and enables the customers to check their Aadhaar link bank status online. This whole procedure requires a One Time Password only. You need to have your mobile number registered to Aadhaar card for this.
The Official website of the Aadhaar card is www.uidai.gov.in
As the Government has already declared the deadline (31st December 2017) of Aadhaar seeding with the Bank Account, so it is mandatory to get your bank account linked with Aadhaar. If you have already linked your bank account with Aadhaar then you can get I verified through this online facility by UIDAI.
The other ways through which you can link your Bank account with Aadhaar are
- SMS Service,
- Through ATM,
- By visiting the branch.
How to check Aadhaar linked Bank Account Status Online
- Visit the UIDAI Online service portal.
- Search for the link that says- “Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status” and Click on it.
- After clicking, you will be redirected to a new page that says “Aadhaar Linking”
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and security code in the respected fields.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- An OTP will be received on your registered mobile number and it is valid for a limited period of time.
- Once you receive the OTP, enter the code and Click on “Login Button” present at the bottom of the page.
- After the completion of the verification message, the UIDAI online facility displays this following message- “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar mapping is done”.
Along with the Bank – Aadhaar linking status, the UIDAI Portal also provides other facilities such as – it displays information of date of linking and bank name etc.
“Aadhaar linking Status” is fetched from the NPCL server. So if anything gets wrong, the UIDAI is not responsible or liable for the correctness of the displayed status. Further, the UIDAI is not storing any information fetched from the NPCL Server, according to the UIDAI Server.
Also Read about Various Services Offered by the UIDAI Official Website.