Home » Posts tagged 'tn pds'
Tag Archives: tn pds
The Tamil Nadu Government choose to go all Digital by introducing a new invention. The Tamil Nadu Government has taken the Ration Cards to the next level. TN PDS department has introduced Smart Ration Cards called Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Cards. These card scheme has replaced around 1.89 Crore cards in the state at a cost of Rs 330 Crore. These Smart Cards can be collected from the Public Distribution Outlets after getting an SMS from the authorities. The authorities have created a new database based on the Aadhaar Card details. In this following article, we are going to know about what is a smart ration card, its benefits and features and the most important how to apply for it.
The Public Distribution System also called as the Food Security System of India. It was established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution and are managed jointly by the State Governments of India. Earlier, the Public Distribution System distributed the grocery items to the poor citizens at a very low price who had a valid ration card. This validity of the ration cards is monitored by the State Government. But still, there were concerns about the efficiency and the distribution process. Therefore, in order to make it more efficient and bring out a better-improved version of the current TN PDS, the Government started implementing Smart Ration Cards. Some states like Gujarat, Kerala and Tamil Nadu have already implemented it.
|Important Links Related To Tamil Nadu (TN) Documents|
|TN PDS Ration Card – Check Status||Click Here|
|TN PDS Ration Card Correction||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Check Tamilnad Mercantile IFSC Code||Click Here|
|Check Tamil Nadu Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Link TN PDS Smart Card With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
TN PDS Smart Ration Card | TN Ration Card Details
The Smart Ration Card is the modified version of the Ration Cards which has a coded microprocessor chip inserted and integrated according to the requirements. The main objective of the Smart Ration Cards are providing food grains and other essential items to the vulnerable sections of the society at reasonable prices and to abolish the inefficiency in the targeting of beneficiaries and prevent from the subsidy leakages.
How does It work?
The Smart Ration Cards are the modified version of the Ration Cards which has a coded microprocessor chip inserted and integrated according to the requirements. These smart codes consist of a unique barcode. The data is collected from the valid ration card holders and estimate the total number of Smart Ration Cards to be created. After the extraction of the complete data, a new database is created. This contains a separate record for each family which includes the details like a number of family members, names of the members, head of the family, permanent address, present living address, valid phone number etc.
The smart cards are issued by some credit points or units that are given to each family member every month. These credit points are issued by the respective State Governments. The cards will be having two databases for two different categories i.e; one for the card holder information and another one to store details of the items or the products that are being sold or distributed. Then, the smart cards are generated and distributed to the valid card holders.
Advantages/Benefits of the TN PDS Smart Ration Card| TN Ration Card
The important benefits of the TN PDS Ration Cards are
- Due to the introduction of the TN PDS ration cards the people who belong to the below poverty line and those who are the valid ration card holders can effectively receive the ration products.
- The customer can get the privilege to receive the products that are meant to them. This stops the products getting diverted to the open market. It is because these cards have an inbuilt database that stores and manages the data and information regarding the correct generation of bill payments etc.
- The ration shops do not open every day. Nor do they keep regular hours. So as to avoid this inconvenience a system generated message will be delivered to the registered mobile number informing them about the availability of the stock and the shop is opened. This will create an edge of comfort for the customer.
- A common practice is adopted by most of the people that run the ration shops is that they charge more than the mandated rates and often under-weigh the commodities. Applying this new invention product can lead prevent such frauds happen. It is because the cards have certain codes that will determine the price and thus, no overcharge can be done.
- The Government services are reached to the poor people effectively and also implementing this new technology can lead to the eradicate corruption and fraud actions in the TN PDS and can be avoided to a great extent.
How To Apply For a TN PDS Smart Ration Card | TN Ration Card
For applying for a Smart Ration Card of TN PDS system, you need to apply it online.
Below are the following steps to apply online for it online – tnpds.gov.in
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System(TN PDS) www.tnpds.gov.in
- After you visit the website fill in the application form which is present in the website.
- The first section of the form consists of the details of the head of the family followed by the details of the other members of the family.
- The details that you need to fill in first followed by the rest of the family members:
- Name of the family head
- Father’s/ Husband’s name
- Choose District
- Village Name
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number (Mandatory)
- Land Line – (Optional)
- The e-mail address section is optional. You can enter if you have any.
- After the completion of the first section of the form which consisted the details of the head of the family. The next section is filling in the details of the other members of the family.
- The next section has the following details:
- Family member details
- The spelling must be correct
- The Current Age and Gender
- Once you are done with the top right column. You will get to access the “Add Member”. Just click on that.
- Now enter the details of the address proof, card option and upload the documents related to the address proof as mentioned on the official website.
- The next section comes the card section where you need to choose any one of it. The card options are:
- No Commodity Card
- Rice Card
- Sugar Card
Proof of Residence- The following is the list of documents that are mentioned on the official website of TN PDS.
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Front Page of the Passbook
- Gas Consumer Card
- Property Tax In Case You Have Your Own House
- Rent Agreement for rentals
- Slum Clearance Board Allotment Order
- Telephone Bill
- Voter Identity Card
- You can choose any one of the following documents to upload.
- Upload a scanned copy of the above documents mentioned. It can be either black n white or colored.
Details of the Gas Connection- If you have any details of the Gas connection then you can submit the details as per TN PDS.
- Name of the person under which the Gas Connection is registered.
- Oil Company
- Name of the Gas Agency Company
- Total number of cylinders
- Submit all the required details of the applicant and once you are done with the filling of the application, make sure that you upload the photo of the head of the person.
- The photo uploaded should not exceed 10Kb.
- Now click on the submit application form. Once you are done with the online application form, you can now track the status of the application form.
Get New TN PDS Ration Card Over Old TN Ration Card
You can even replace your old ration card with the new smart ration card. With the old enrollment number, you can get the new ration card online.
All you have to do it to mention the old enrollment number while filling up the application form. For this action, you have a section denoting the “Ration Card Details”.
The TN Ration Card details include the following details
- Upload the ration card proof document.
- Enter the FPS Code (Fair Price Shop)
- Submit the application that’s it.
Fair Price Shop- The Fair Price Shop means a shop which has been licensed to distribute essential commodities by an order issued under the Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 to the ration card holders under the Targeted PDS.
Checking TN PDS Ration Card|TN Raion Card Application Status -tnpds.gov.in
Follow the below steps for tracking the TN Ration Card Application status.
- Visit the official website and go to the following link www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/registered/register-a-card-a-status.xhtml
- After visiting the link, enter the reference number given after the completion of the form.
- Just enter the reference number and track down the status of your application form.
- The other mode is to contact the TN PDS Help Desk Support Team.
Tamil Nadu has always been a pioneer in Social Service Schemes be it the Mid-Day Meal Programmer or Smart Ration Card System of TN PDS department. The design and the development of the Smart Ration Cards can improve the poverty structure of the society leading it to a corruption free country. Implementing this innovative formula can help in increasing the country’s economy and reach heights. So, implementing this can be really effective and helpful for the people below the poverty line.