Home » Posts tagged 'PDS'
Tag Archives: PDS
Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card | Check Status & Print – Jharkhand PDS
Like every state of India, Jharkhand also acknowledges the need of Ahara Jharkhand Ration Card. This Jharkhand Ration Card is only available for the residents of the Jharkhand. With this card, beneficiaries can buy food grains, fuel, and other groceries at subsidized rates. You can buy LPG, Kerosene, Wheat, Rice, Sugar, etc. Families below the poverty line avail maximum benefits of the Ahara Ration Card. It is also used to prove one’s identity and prove address. The Aahar Ration Card Jharkhand are used to make other important documents like Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, etc.
In this article, we are discussing the Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card, its categories, the process of application, knowing the status of the application, benefits and much more.
Ahar Jharkhand Ration Card
Recently, the Government has introduced the Smart Cards, which are nothing but the digitalized Ration Cards. Smart Ration Cards are embedded with chips. It has a photograph of the head of the Family. State Government issues the Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card to one person per family.
Types of Aahar Jharkhand Ration Cards
One single ration card cannot justify the needs of the residents in Jharkhand. Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card is of 3 different types. Based on the financial stature the citizens get the Jharkhand Government. Check the types below:
- Priority House Hold Ration Card (PHH Card): Families with poor financial conditions are categorized in Below Poverty Line. This categorization is done separately by the Central and State Government. Families who are under the below poverty line by either government, plus other priority households can avail this ration card. PH Ration Card provides Ration at Rs. 2/kg for 5 kg or 5 ltr amount.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY): Serves the poorest of the poor in the rural areas and urban areas. These are the very poor people who do not have a stable income. Daily Labors, Coolies, Rickshaw walas, Potters, Slum dwellers fall under this category.
Commodities Covered By the Jharkhand Ration Card
- Various commodities such as sugar, kerosene, oil, rice are covered under the Smart Ration Cards.
- Sugar will be provided only to the BPL and AAY families under the Targeted PDS.
- The ration card holders would be provided the essentials of the system of PDS as determined by the State Government, the scales and the rates are also fixed by the Government.
Eligibility Criteria for Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card
The eligibility conditions for the Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card are-
- Submit a certificate from Nigam Parishad, Halka Karamchari (the Revenue Karamchari), Panchayat Sewak, Panchayat Pradhan or the Tax Collector giving a written statement that “the applicant possess no Ration Card”.
- If you have a ration card from another region, get a Surrender Certificate.
- Submit the Birth Certificate along with the application, addressed to the District or the Block Level Supplier.
Documents Required for Jharkhand Ration Card Issue
- Address Proof.
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate
- ID Proof: Voter ID card,
- Panchayat Certificate for the head of the family,
- NOC Certificate or Surrender Certificate in case of renewal,
- Passport size photographs of the head of the family.
How to Apply for Aahar Jharkhand Card
If you are applying for the Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card for the first time then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Obtain the application form 2.
- You can obtain it from the following website- india.gov.in/allimpfrms/allforms/9225.pdf
- Fill out all the sections of the form completely and correctly. Submit the application form along with the required documents to the Block Level Supply Officers, depending upon where you reside – whether in the rural region or the District Level Supply Officer if you reside in an urban area.
- Collect the Receipt of Application. Use the Number to track your status.
- Now you can show the receipt and collect the Aahar Ration Card Jharkhand. The information and all the details are verified by the inquiry officer.
Check Aahar Ration Card Jharkhand Application Status
Successful applicants must check the Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card Application Status. Following these steps & check Aahar Ration Card Jharkhand Status.
- Visit the official website of the Jharkhand Government– aahar.jharkhand.gov.in
- Click on the link showing “Application Status“.
- Now fill in the details like the Ration Card ID or Number, which is the acknowledgment number you get after the submission of the Ration Card Application.
- Click on submit now.
- Once you click on the submit button, you will get all the details regarding the Aahar Jharkhand Ration Card and its Status will be displayed on the screen.
|Important Links Related To Jharkhand Documents|
|Apply For Jharkhand Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Check Jharkhand Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
|Check Jharkhand Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Jharkhand||Click Here|
TN PDS Smart Ration Card | TN PDS Ration Card www.tnpds.gov.in
The Tamil Nadu Government choose to go all Digital by introducing a new invention. The Tamil Nadu Government has taken the Ration Cards to the next level. TN PDS department has introduced Smart Ration Cards called Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Cards. These card scheme has replaced around 1.89 Crore cards in the state at a cost of Rs 330 Crore. These Smart Cards can be collected from the Public Distribution Outlets after getting an SMS from the authorities. The authorities have created a new database based on the Aadhaar Card details. In this following article, we are going to know about what is a smart ration card, its benefits and features and the most important how to apply for it.
The Public Distribution System also called as the Food Security System of India. It was established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution and are managed jointly by the State Governments of India. Earlier, the Public Distribution System distributed the grocery items to the poor citizens at a very low price who had a valid ration card. This validity of the ration cards is monitored by the State Government. But still, there were concerns about the efficiency and the distribution process. Therefore, in order to make it more efficient and bring out a better-improved version of the current TN PDS, the Government started implementing Smart Ration Cards. Some states like Gujarat, Kerala and Tamil Nadu have already implemented it.
|Important Links Related To Tamil Nadu (TN) Documents|
|TN PDS Ration Card – Check Status||Click Here|
|TN PDS Ration Card Correction||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Check Tamilnad Mercantile IFSC Code||Click Here|
|Check Tamil Nadu Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Link TN PDS Smart Card With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
TN PDS Smart Ration Card | TN Ration Card Details
The Smart Ration Card is the modified version of the Ration Cards which has a coded microprocessor chip inserted and integrated according to the requirements. The main objective of the Smart Ration Cards are providing food grains and other essential items to the vulnerable sections of the society at reasonable prices and to abolish the inefficiency in the targeting of beneficiaries and prevent from the subsidy leakages.
How does It work?
The Smart Ration Cards are the modified version of the Ration Cards which has a coded microprocessor chip inserted and integrated according to the requirements. These smart codes consist of a unique barcode. The data is collected from the valid ration card holders and estimate the total number of Smart Ration Cards to be created. After the extraction of the complete data, a new database is created. This contains a separate record for each family which includes the details like a number of family members, names of the members, head of the family, permanent address, present living address, valid phone number etc.
The smart cards are issued by some credit points or units that are given to each family member every month. These credit points are issued by the respective State Governments. The cards will be having two databases for two different categories i.e; one for the card holder information and another one to store details of the items or the products that are being sold or distributed. Then, the smart cards are generated and distributed to the valid card holders.
Advantages/Benefits of the TN PDS Smart Ration Card| TN Ration Card
The important benefits of the TN PDS Ration Cards are
- Due to the introduction of the TN PDS ration cards the people who belong to the below poverty line and those who are the valid ration card holders can effectively receive the ration products.
- The customer can get the privilege to receive the products that are meant to them. This stops the products getting diverted to the open market. It is because these cards have an inbuilt database that stores and manages the data and information regarding the correct generation of bill payments etc.
- The ration shops do not open every day. Nor do they keep regular hours. So as to avoid this inconvenience a system generated message will be delivered to the registered mobile number informing them about the availability of the stock and the shop is opened. This will create an edge of comfort for the customer.
- A common practice is adopted by most of the people that run the ration shops is that they charge more than the mandated rates and often under-weigh the commodities. Applying this new invention product can lead prevent such frauds happen. It is because the cards have certain codes that will determine the price and thus, no overcharge can be done.
- The Government services are reached to the poor people effectively and also implementing this new technology can lead to the eradicate corruption and fraud actions in the TN PDS and can be avoided to a great extent.
How To Apply For a TN PDS Smart Ration Card | TN Ration Card
For applying for a Smart Ration Card of TN PDS system, you need to apply it online.
Below are the following steps to apply online for it online – tnpds.gov.in
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System(TN PDS) www.tnpds.gov.in
- After you visit the website fill in the application form which is present in the website.
- The first section of the form consists of the details of the head of the family followed by the details of the other members of the family.
- The details that you need to fill in first followed by the rest of the family members:
- Name of the family head
- Father’s/ Husband’s name
- Choose District
- Village Name
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number (Mandatory)
- Land Line – (Optional)
- The e-mail address section is optional. You can enter if you have any.
- After the completion of the first section of the form which consisted the details of the head of the family. The next section is filling in the details of the other members of the family.
- The next section has the following details:
- Family member details
- The spelling must be correct
- The Current Age and Gender
- Once you are done with the top right column. You will get to access the “Add Member”. Just click on that.
- Now enter the details of the address proof, card option and upload the documents related to the address proof as mentioned on the official website.
- The next section comes the card section where you need to choose any one of it. The card options are:
- No Commodity Card
- Rice Card
- Sugar Card
Proof of Residence- The following is the list of documents that are mentioned on the official website of TN PDS.
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Front Page of the Passbook
- Gas Consumer Card
- Property Tax In Case You Have Your Own House
- Rent Agreement for rentals
- Slum Clearance Board Allotment Order
- Telephone Bill
- Voter Identity Card
- You can choose any one of the following documents to upload.
- Upload a scanned copy of the above documents mentioned. It can be either black n white or colored.
Details of the Gas Connection- If you have any details of the Gas connection then you can submit the details as per TN PDS.
- Name of the person under which the Gas Connection is registered.
- Oil Company
- Name of the Gas Agency Company
- Total number of cylinders
- Submit all the required details of the applicant and once you are done with the filling of the application, make sure that you upload the photo of the head of the person.
- The photo uploaded should not exceed 10Kb.
- Now click on the submit application form. Once you are done with the online application form, you can now track the status of the application form.
Get New TN PDS Ration Card Over Old TN Ration Card
You can even replace your old ration card with the new smart ration card. With the old enrollment number, you can get the new ration card online.
All you have to do it to mention the old enrollment number while filling up the application form. For this action, you have a section denoting the “Ration Card Details”.
The TN Ration Card details include the following details
- Upload the ration card proof document.
- Enter the FPS Code (Fair Price Shop)
- Submit the application that’s it.
Fair Price Shop- The Fair Price Shop means a shop which has been licensed to distribute essential commodities by an order issued under the Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 to the ration card holders under the Targeted PDS.
Checking TN PDS Ration Card|TN Raion Card Application Status -tnpds.gov.in
Follow the below steps for tracking the TN Ration Card Application status.
- Visit the official website and go to the following link www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/registered/register-a-card-a-status.xhtml
- After visiting the link, enter the reference number given after the completion of the form.
- Just enter the reference number and track down the status of your application form.
- The other mode is to contact the TN PDS Help Desk Support Team.
Tamil Nadu has always been a pioneer in Social Service Schemes be it the Mid-Day Meal Programmer or Smart Ration Card System of TN PDS department. The design and the development of the Smart Ration Cards can improve the poverty structure of the society leading it to a corruption free country. Implementing this innovative formula can help in increasing the country’s economy and reach heights. So, implementing this can be really effective and helpful for the people below the poverty line.
How to link your Aadhaar Card with the TN PDS Smart Ration Card using TNePDS App.
PDS – Public Distribution System in India
The Public Distribution System (PDS) of India represents the direct interference by the Government of India in the food market. It involves the subsidized distribution of limited quantities of essential food products like wheat, cereal, sugar, salt, pulses and edible oils etc. The department of Food and Public Distribution System is responsible for the management of the food supply in the country.
The PDS of India was established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and these are managed jointly by the State and the Central Governments of India. The Public Distribution System of India was launched in India in June 1947.
The introduction of Public Distribution System is meant to manage the food system of the country. This scheme provides staple food grains such as wheat, dal, sugar, salt, kerosene etc through a network of public distribution shops in the whole country. The main objective of this scheme is to provide food to the weaker section of the society.
Aim of the Public Distribution System
The main motive of the Public Distribution System in India is to provide essential consumer goods at a reasonable price. The PDS in India covers the whole population as no means of direct targeting is required. The PDS distributes the commodities more than Rs 30,000 Crore annually to about 160 million families. The main agency that is behind this huge food management scheme is Food Corporation of India. The Food Corporation of India was started in the year 1965. The core task of the corporation is to commence on the purchase, storage, movement, transport and distribution and sale of the food grains and other food stuffs to the country.
Use of Ration Card in PDS
The Ration Cards are the official documents that designate a holder to a ration of Food, fuel or other Goods that is issued by the Government of India. The Ration Cards are primarily used for purchasing food items and other essential household products such as rice, pulses, kerosene, edible oils etc. The cards were in use since World War II and are in still in use during the 21st century. This is a very important tool introduced for the poor. Providing them the proof of identity and connection with the databases of the Government. The India’s Public Distribution System is based on the Ration Card which uses to establish identity, eligibility, and entitlement.
The ration comes in two forms – in an A4 size folded the paper and the other form comes in a plastic card embedded in an integrated circuit. Both the versions of the Ration Card has the photograph of the head of the family. One card is issued per family. These cards are issued categorizing- extremely poverty level (Antodya), Below Poverty Line (BPL), and Above Poverty Line (APL).
The Ration Cards are voluntary in India. They are needed to obtain subsidized food and fuel. To get an APL or BPL in Delhi then they have to submit two copies of the photograph of the head of the family, proof of identity and address and an application fee of Rs 25 along with the old ration card. The time period for the processing is one month.
Flaws in The Food Security System (PDS)
The PDS systems have quite a lot of problems and are often criticised for its performance towards the public benefits. There are millions of ineligible and fraudulent ration cards and at the same time, the poor families have no ration card. The PDS shop owners get involved in the scams along with the Government officials and divert the subsidized food supply and kerosene to the black market.
Limited Benefit to Poor Through PDS
The people staying in the rural region have a limited supply of the PDS benefits. It is because the PDS is more dependent on the open market and is much higher than on the PDS for most of the commodities. “The cost-effectiveness of reaching the poorest 20 percent of households through PDS cereals is more”.
Issue of Urban Bias
The Urban places have more reach to the PDS benefits and facilities than rural places. The economists have found that there is an insufficient coverage in the poor cities and villages.
PDS Results in Price Increment
The economists say that the operation of PDS has resulted in an increase in price all over the country. This is because of the large procurement of the food grains produced every year by the Government has reduced the net quantities available in the open market.
Leakages from PDS
Another major issue is the problem of leakages from the losses of transportation and storage and diversion to the open market. This issue rises due to the diversion of food grains to the open market of the widespread of the corrupt practices.
Steps to Resolve These Issues
The government has taken certain measures to improve the food security system (PDS) and prevent it from corruption, leakage, and diversion in PDS rations.
Aadhaar Enabled Beneficiary
The bank accounts and the ration cards are linked to the Aadhaar card and the Government has made it mandatory. This procedure will help to differentiate and identify the genuine person and eligible beneficiaries and prevent from the ineligible and duplicate person from registering.
Aadhaar Enabled Direct Benefit Transfer
The Aadhaar- enabled service delivery helps to prevent from corruption in retail by directly crediting the benefit money in the beneficiary’s account. This technique is called as Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). This removes the fraud and ineligible beneficiaries. Various financial and other services have been Aadhaar enabled. By 1st of January 2014, about more than a half of India’s population are covered by the Direct Benefit Transfer for subsidized LPG.
Aadhaar Enabled in Eligibility Check
The Aadhaar applicant enabled eligibility is checked by comparing the service delivery database with another database. Like for an example: PDS Kerosene eligibility is checked by comparing the PDS Database with the LPG Database. The subsidy of the Kersone allocation will be reduced if the subsidy is detected for that household.
Introduction To E-Ration Card Services
With the help of e-Ration service, one can obtain the ration cards and check their food grain availability online, and check their costs. This will help to end corrupt practices and help to provide cards to those who are in need. The Department of Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs website provides the eligibility details and the food security plan. The service was first introduced in Delhi and was later followed by the State of Government of Tamil Nadu.
It is the fundamental obligation that the Government has provided every individual to lead a happy and secure and healthy life. The Government needs to develop a dynamic agriculture sector keeping in mind that the Public Distribution System can cover the needs of the growing population making it more convenient and more public oriented so as to achieve the main target of eradicating the corruption and other black marketing issues regarding the Food Security system.
Find here about the India’s First Smart Ration Cards implemented by the Tamilnadu Public Distribution System TNPDS.