Home » Posts tagged 'Passport' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Passport
How to Apply for a Passport in Delhi | Passport Seva Kendra
A Passport is an Official document issued by the Government of India. It certifies a holder’s identity as well as citizenship. The document allows traveling anywhere around the world under its protection. In this way, the Passport is used as a Travel document. Similarly, the Passport serves as an Identity Proof as well as Address proof for the citizens.
Applying for a Passport is a long process and recently, the Ministry of External Affairs has introduced an online method to apply for the Passport.
The Residents of Delhi can apply for a Passport in both ways either Online or Offline. In this article, we will be providing you the information regarding the methods to apply for a Passport in Delhi.
Online Method of Applying for a Passport in Delhi
Step by step procedure of applying for a Passport online in Delhi:
- Visit the official Passport Seva website run by the Ministry of the External Affairs.
- Register on the site.
- Login to the site, and click on the “Apply for a Fresh Passport/Re-issue of the Passport” present on the homepage of the site
- Complete the online form and submit.
- After the submission of the form, go to the View Saved/ Submitted Applications tab and select the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link.
- Make the processing payment. The payment can be done either online or offline (through debit/credit card, internet banking or SBI Challan).
- Click on the “Print Application Receipt” link after booking an appointment and then print a copy of the receipt which contains the application reference number.
- On the date of appointment, visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) and submit the required documents mentioned along with the application receipt.
- After the completion of the Verification process, the passport can be collected as in a person.
Offline Mode of Applying for a Passport in Delhi
If you are not acquainted with the online process, then you can opt for the offline process as well. In the offline process, the passport application is done through the Passport Seva Kendra or the Regional Passport Office.
Step by step procedure to apply for a passport offline is as follows:
- Buy an application form from the Regional Passport Office or a Passport Seva Kendra. You can also download it from the Passport Seva Website.
- Now fill in the application form with the required details and submit it to the RPO along with the required documents and processing fee.
- A file number is issued as an acknowledgment receipt of the application. This acknowledgment receipt can be used to track down the application through the Passport Seva Website.
- Once you are done with the verification process, the passport can be collected from the RPO in person.
The procedure for applying for a passport is similar to that of the above. Visiting a PSK, with an appointment is made to submit the documents and pay the application fee.
The walk-in applicants are considered if they fall under the following categories:
- Senior Citizens
- Tatkal cases or Urgent Issues or
- Handicapped applicants.
These passport application procedures are applicable for a new passport as well as in the re-issue of an expired passport.
How to delete spouse name from Indian Passport
Passport is an official document issued by the Indian Government to every citizen of the country. It also considered being a valid proof of address and identity as it contains information such as holder’s name, date of birth, address, signature and photograph.
There are instances where an individual is required to change certain details in his document. In this article, we will discuss the ways to delete the name of the spouse from your passport.
Procedure to remove spouse name in Indian Passport
The reason to remove spouse name in Indian Passport could be if they have expired or they are separated legally.
- Visit the official website of the passport seva and acquire form 002 which is meant for ‘miscellaneous services’ and fill it properly. In case you are downloading it online, you will have to choose the option titles, ‘reissue of passport’ and after that select the option ‘change in existing personal particular’ and then choose ‘spouse name’ and then select ‘change in existing personal particulars’
- Also you are required to keep the below mentioned documents handy as they are needed to proceed with the procedure:
- Original passport with a self – attested photocopy of the first and last two pages,
- Copy of death certificate of spouse (in case of death),
- In case of removing the name from the passport due to legal separation, then the passport holder is required to provide a certified copy of the divorce decree and sworn Affidavit / Deed Poll (Annexure ‘E’).
- An appointment is required to visit the passport office for the procedure and also the applicants are required to arrive on time on the said day along with the required fee, documents and application form.
- Also the applicants who have taken appointment online are required to procure a token to wait.
- Now the applicants are required to submit the above mentioned documents either personally or through a representative with identity proof and an authority letter that has been signed by the applicant as per the Annexure.
- Once the documents have been submitted and verified, individuals can collect the endorsed passport with the updated details.
Complete Details about the Passport Police Verification Process
A Passport is a very important official document. It is a very valuable document. So to protect from going to the wrong hands, the Government has therefore introduced to opt for Police Verification Process during the issuance of the Passport.
This verification is the most important stage during the issue of the Passport. It is a mode of security measure that is included in the process of Passport Application.
Modes of Passport Police Verification
There are basically these types of Passport Police Verification Process
- Police Verification for Post Passport Issuance Basis.
- Police Verification for Pre-Passport Issuance Basis.
- No Police Verification Process
Pre-Police Verification Process
The Pre- Police Verification occurs after when the applicant submits all the documents and annexures etc, but before the application is approved.
The Passport Office Committee verifies the applicant’s documents, identity, address details and shares it with the relevant police station. The police verification begins now. An officer is assigned to locate the details of the applicant. The officer then verifies that the applicant stays in so residents and checks in the other details and verifies age.
If the applicant is present and all the details mentioned by the applicant is true and satisfies all the marks then the officer confirms the information and details to the police station. The information is then passed to the Passport Office and then the Passport is issued to the applicant. This is called as the pre-passport application process.
Post-Police Verification Process
This sort of issuance of the passport application is mainly applicable for the Government employees, PSU employees who submit “No Objection Certificate” or NOC after the annexure M. The applicants, in this case, have their passports already issued before the police verification case. The passport issuance of the minor children falls under this category. The passports of the minor children are issued by the parents of the children.
No Police Verification Process
This is applicable for a rare number of people. Like for an example the Government employees, such as the PSU Employees and statutory body employees who apply for passport submit the identity certificate through the Annexure M can get their passports issued without any Police Verification. The Diplomatic or the Official Passport Holders will also not undergo with the Police Verification process.
How To Check Police Verification Status For Passport
When applying for the Passport Verification process, the police issues different statuses according to the condition of the Passport Status
Clear– This status indicates that the person has found no cause for concern and the applicant has no criminal records. The Police found all the information given by the applicant is true and correct.
Adverse– This status is due to the inconsistent information and details of the applicant given to the Police. The inconsistencies in the form might be due to the incomplete information, or criminal cases that have filed against the applicant that is pending in the law court etc. This can cause to the rejection or keep the form in withheld position.
Incomplete– This status indicates that during the process of issuance of passport, the police must have found the document to be half submitted or incorrect details were given or stopping the process halfway. Here the police will the label the passport status as Incomplete and might reject the form.
Other Cases For Passport Police Verification
If the application is submitted for the reissue of an expired passport, and the applicant’s name, address, date of birth or other personal details have not changed then a Police Verification is must require.
If in case, the reissue of an expired Passport has the different name, address and other personal details, then the Passport Office will provide Pre-Police Verification.
The different cases for the Passport verification in case of the re-issue of the Passport
- Re-issue in case of lost/misplaced or stolen passport.
- Re-issue for a complete name change.
At the end the Passport office will decide finally what type Police Verification (pre/ post/ no verification) must be allocated to the applicant- depending on the case or submission of the documents or additional annexures submitted, whether it is an issue of a Passport or the reissue of the existing Passport.