Home » Posts tagged 'Odisha Ration Card'
Tag Archives: Odisha Ration Card
Odisha Ration Card is an important document in India through which one can avail basic necessities like food grains and fuels at subsidized rates. It also works as an identity proof which helps in getting other government documents such as PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card act as a proof of address and an income proof.
The Civil Supplies Department of Odisha Government launched an online system for submission of application forms for new Odisha Ration Cards which will bring immense convenience to the people of Odisha.
Benefits of Odisha Ration Card | e-Bitran Odisha
Every national and international market goes through fluctuation. And that effects the lower strata of the society the most. Hence, the government bears the major portion of the costs of everyday commodities in order to provide some relief to the people from the price hike.
Another most important benefit of a Odisha Ration Card is that it works as a proof of identity at a number of places. Before the onset of PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card, Passport etc. In fact, it still works as a valid identity proof at the time of acquiring other official documents such as Aadhaar Card.
It also works as a residential proof which can be used before securing loans etc. without any hassle.
It is also important to note that the Aadhaar Card is not an individual Identity card, it is actually a family document which comprises details of family members such as children, income levels, gender, photographs etc.
Types of Ration Cards in Odisha e-Bitran Odisha
- Above Poverty Line (APL) Card
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card
- Antyodaya Cards for the poorest of the society
Eligibility Criteria of Ration Card in Odisha | e-Bitran Odisha
To get a Odisha Ration Card you are required to fit into the following eligibility:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Chhattisgarh CG.
- The applicant must not possess another ration card.
Documents Required for Application of Ration Cards in Odisha | e-Bitran Odisha
Keep the below mentioned documents handy before applying for a Odisha Ration Card
- Two passport size photographs of the Head of the Family attested by a Gazette officer, an MLA, MP or Municipal Councilor
- Proof of residence such as voter’s Identity card, telephone bill, driving license, PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card, passport etc.
- You should also submit an Affidavit describing the income levels of your family. The document should be attested by a lawyer.
- Self – Declaration and Ward Councilor’s / Pradhan’s Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Proof of Date of Birth (Submit your 10th Pass Certificate or your Birth Certificate).
- Personal Documentation
- Birth certificate
- PAN card
- Your report card from school showing that you have cleared the 10th grade
- A transfer certificate from your school which would have your birth date printed on it
- Proof of address
- Electricity and telephone bills which may have been issued recently.
- LIC bond.
- Aadhaar card.
- Agreement of the house.
- Proof of age
- Birth certificate.
- PAN card.
- A certificate of transfer from any school which contains the date of birth of the applicant.
- A Mark sheet of the 10th grade to ensure that the applicant has received some education.
- Documents for current address
- The lease agreement of your place along with the electricity bill.
- The lease agreement and the bill for liquefied petroleum gas.
How to Apply for a Ration Card in Odisha | e-Bitran Odisha
Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for a Odisha Ration Card
- Visit the official website of Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Department i.e. http://www.foododisha.in/Download/NFSA.pdf Or you can also acquire the form from the circle office by paying a nominal fee
- Fill the form with required details by specifying your name, address, gender, age, occupation etc.
- Now verify the details you have provided in order to avoid any error on the card and submit the form to your RCMS center / circle office along with the necessary documents
- The officials at the RCMS would enter the data in your form in an online portal of the Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Department of the Government of Odisha. The official would enter the name of the applicant, the type of address proof submitted, the details of all the members of the family of the applicant along with their Voter ID card numbers, etc. in the online system. Once he / she is done, you would be provided with an acknowledgment slip.
How to Check the Status of Odisha Ration Card | e-Bitran Odisha
If you haven’t received your odisha ration card within specified time period, you can check the status of your application:
- Visit the official website of Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Department of the Government of Odisha i.e. www.foododisha.in/index.htm
- Click on ‘e – Bitrana Odisha’ which you will find on the left side of the web page
- Click on ‘NFSA Web Application’ option. Enter the required details on the online portal and you would be able to check the status of your application for a new ration card.