In order to continue with your respective mobile numbers, customers are required to link their numbers with their Aadhaar cards, as this has been mandated by the Government of India (GoI).
The deadline to complete this linking process is by February 6, 2018. All the telecom service providers are constantly sending notifications to their customers asking them to complete the Aadhaar – mobile linking process.
In this article, we will discuss the online methods to link Idea mobile numbers with Aadhaar numbers.
How to link Idea Mobile Number with Aadhaar
In order to link Idea mobile number with your 12 digit unique identification card, you will have to visit your nearest Idea store, as the process requires your biometric verification i.e. your fingerprints.
Now follow the below steps to get started with the procedure
- Visit your nearest Idea store and request the incharge of the store for the linkage
- Now the incharge will ask your Aadhaar number and Idea mobile number to proceed with the linkage
- The incharge will enter your Aadhaar number and mobile number for linking and you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your Idea mobile number.
- Provide that OTP number to the incharge. And for the purpose of authentication of your Aadhaar, your thumb prints will be requested.
- Once done your Aadhaar details will be populate in your Idea KYC Client Software, you will have to verify and confirm your details to the incharge.
- Once again you will have to provide your thumb print to proceed confirming and linking your Aadhaar with your Idea Mobile Number.
- Once done, you will instantly receive SMS on your Idea Mobile Number saying your Aadhaar Number has been successfully linked to your mobile number.
Beware of sites and apps which claims that by just entering your details like Aadhaar number, you can complete the Aadhaar – mobile linkage. As mentioned above, this process requires biometric verification; hence, you will have to visit your nearest telecom service providers store as only they have the authority to complete the process.