Home » Posts tagged 'IDBI bank'
Tag Archives: IDBI bank
The IDBI is a Government-owned bank, which was established in the year 1964 by the Act of the Parliament. The bank provides credit and banking facilities for the development of Indian industries. Currently, the Bank has a network of 3817 ATMs, 1995 Branches including one overseas Bank in Dubai and 1382 Centers.
The bank offers a wide range of products and services, such as Consumer Banking, Corporate banking, Finance and Insurance, Investment Banking, Mortgage Loans, Private Banking, Private Equity and Wealth Management. One of the most important and basic services that IDBI Bank offers is the Savings Account, which we are going to talk about in this article.
Savings Account – A Brief Introduction
Savings is very important in every people’s life. Starting from a poor person to a rich person. It is necessary if you are planning to live a happy life. The savings account are introduced so that the depositors can earn interest on their money that they put in the account. Though you cannot use the money in savings account directly, so it is an ideal way to keep aside a part of your liquid assets for the future. The work function of the savings account is to translate to more interests and gain quick accumulation of money. For having a savings account there are different rules, systems, interest rates and minimum balance requirements etc. Therefore think before you pick one.
The IDBI Savings account offers you the best financial solutions with various options to manage your money sensibly and systematically.
How to Open An IDBI Savings Account Online
To open an IDBI Savings Account is quite easy. All you have to do is to call or visit the nearest IDBI Bank Branch Office, and the staff official will guide you through the process. The Bank also offers an online mode of applying as well. For the online process, you will have to visit the official website and submit the online filled application form.
IDBI Bank Savings Account Interest Rate
The Savings Bank Rate
IDBI Savings Account Minimum Balance Requirement
Suraksha Plus Savings Account
Super Savings Account
SuperShakti Account (for women)
Jublee Plus Account (for senior citizens)
Being me account
Power Kidz Account
Small Account (KYC Related)
Sabka Basic Savings Account (Complete KYC)
Pension Savings Account (Central Government Employee)
Capital Gain Account Scheme
Rs 10, 000
Features and Benefits of Having an IDBI Savings Bank Account
The various features and benefits of an IDBI Savings Account are as follows:
- The bank provides quicker fund transactions through the online facilities to pay the bills and taxes.
- It is a smart way to accumulate money, as you can earn more interest by opting for a suitable IDBI Savings Account when compared to other bank options.
- A Global Debit card and a passbook are issued to the cardholder, for opening an account.
- You can easily deposit DD (Demand Draft), Cash and Cheque.
- Along with the saving options, you get add-on benefits, rebates, and gifts on travel.
Types of Savings Account in IDBI Bank
The Bank offers different types of the savings account as per the requirements of an individual. Below are the types of the savings account that you can apply for:
Suraksha Plus Savings Account
This savings account provides an exclusive benefit of Insurance Cover along with a complete banking convenience and financial package to access your money with an ease. Through this account, you can also enjoy the benefits of the Accidental Death Cover and Life Cover at a minimal cost.
- It provides insurance benefit for the individuals who are aged between 18 years to 65 years.
- The accidental insurance cover starts at a package of Rs 100.
- Life Insurance Cover starts with a package of Rs 413.
- No medical test is required for the Life Insurance Cover
- There is no separate documentation cover for Life Insurance
- There are no penalty charges for the discontinuation of the Insurance.
- No Separate Nomination Required for the Insurance.
- Automatic Renewal of cover after every year.
- Including all the benefits of the Super Savings Account.
The account holder of this account can enjoy other different benefits as well. The minimum balance requirement in the Metro and Urban Cities is Rs 5000 and Rs 2500 in the semi-urban cities and Rs 500 in the rural cities. An International Debit cum ATM Card is provided along with passbook facility.
Super Savings Account
The Super savings account offers to the complete banking experience to access your money with ease. With this account, you not only save your money but also make it grow.
The advantages of this account is that
- Online facilities are available through which you can transfer your funds faster.
- You can earn higher and attractive interests.
- An International Debit Card along with the passbook facility is available for the account holders.
- You can make easy payments
- The minimum balance requirement in the Metro and Urban Cities is Rs 5000 and in semi-urban cities Rs 2500 and for Rural Cities, the minimum balance is Rs 500 for Rural Cities. The bank also provides free five ATM Transactions from other banks ATMs and Non-Metro Locations.
SuperShakti Savings Account
This type of savings account is specially designed for women. This is a zero balance savings account and is absolutely free for the children below the age of 18 years. The advantages of these accounts are:
- You can create two free accounts for your children below the age of eighteen years.
- Minimum documents required while applying for a savings account.
- Online facility is available for faster funds transfer.
- Minimum balance for metro and urban cities is Rs 5000, for semi-urban cities is Rs 2500 and for rural cities, the minimum balance is Rs 500.
- Provides auto sweep- out and sweep-in facility above Rs 15, 000.
- Provides a specially designed (Women’s) International ATM cum Debit card
- Higher ATM cash withdrawal Limits- Rs 40, 000 per day.
- Offers Personalized PAP- Cheque Book.
- 25% of the Locker Services.
- 50% account on the Demat AMC.
- Free statement by e-mail.
- Offers free ATM Transactions from any other banks.
Jublee Plus Account
This type of savings account is specially designed for the senior citizens. This facilitates your banking transactions and offers benefits and facilities to fulfill the requirement of the customer. You not only save money on this account but also help your money grow through the auto sweep-in and sweep-out facility.
- This type of savings account offers zero balance requirement.
- 25% discount on the locker charges.
- Sweep-in and Sweep-out facility is available for the balance above Rs 15, 000/-
- Higher ATM Cash withdrawal limits- Rs 50, 000 per day.
- Free ten transactions for other Bank ATMs.
Being Me Account
This type of savings account is mainly designed for the Youth. The objective of this type of account is to establish a bond with the Youth and help them to shape up their financial discipline.
The advantages of these savings account are:
- It offers a preferential rate on the educational loan.
- Preference on the project work in the Bank (depends on the availability of the seats)
- Training on Financial Planning.
- Offers discounted charges on the opening of share account with the ICMS.
- The other features and benefits of this account are as follows:
- Requires a minimum balance of Rs 2500 for opening this account.
- There are no charges for the maintenance of MAB.
- The account holders will receive an International Debit-cum-ATM Card.
- The ATM Cash withdrawal limit and Point of Sale Limit is Rs 25, 000 per day.
- Provides free five ATM Transactions from other bank ATMs.
- Passbook is optional.
- Transfer of funds is optional.
- Online facilities are available to pay the bills and tax.
This account is specially designed for the kids. It is just like the piggy bank for the kids, which will not only provide the money but also provides attractive interest rates that will help the money grow. The different features and benefits that are offered in the Power Kidz Account are:
- It allows a MAB of Rs 500.
- There are no charges for non-maintenance of MAB.
- The account holders are provided with a specially designed Kids ATM Card.
- Offers a withdrawal limit up to Rs 2000 at ATMs or POS.
- A Personalized Cheque Book is provided.
- The account holder will receive free monthly statements via e-mail on request.
- Gets a free passbook.
- Demand Drafts and Pay Orders are on request.
- Free Five ATM Transactions at any other Bank ATMs at Non- Metro Locations.
- Documents Required for applying a PowerKidz Account:
List of Documents Required for Opening a Power Kidz account are –
- I S A of a Guardian.
- Minor Documentation to be signed by the Guardian.
- Guardian’s photograph and signature required on AOF.
- Only natural guardian’s as per the law is acceptable, otherwise, the guardian should be a person who is appointed by a court of law.
- Two minors or two guardians not allowed in a minor account.
For Minor Date of Birth Proof
- Birth Registration Certificate
- Report Card showing the Date of Birth.
- School ID with Photo and Date of Birth mentioned.
- Authentication and Certification:
- Minor Declaration to be signed by the Guardian.
- All the supporting documents to be signed by the customer that is the self-attestation and the officer verifying the original documentation.
- If Minor above 10 years and he himself operates the account, his/her photo is required.
- On attaining the minority, the accounts will be frozen and the freeze will be removed only after the submission of the documents.
Small Account (KYC Related)
This is a small savings account that is meant for everyone. It offers zero balance account. It offers free ATM cum Debit Card along with a cheque book. Offers SMS and E-mail Alerts for any transactions occurring in the account. The account offers facilities such as Phone Banking, SMS Banking and Internet Banking that will allow accessing your account from anywhere and anytime.
Sabka Basic Savings Account (Complete KYC)
This type of savings account is an SB Product that does not require a minimum balance. Through this type of savings account, the bank intends to extend its services to a vast section of the population for Financial Inclusion. The account holders of this savings account are provided with a free International Debit cum ATM card. This type of account offers free SMS and e-mail alerts for any transaction in the account. Also provides free account transaction statements via e-mail. No charges for any branch (Home and Non-Home Branch) cash deposit, which means that you don’t have to pay any amount of the cash deposit at any branch.
Pension Savings Account
This is one of the most important account which is specially designed for the future requirements. With this account, you can bank anywhere and anytime. You can avail special privileges, easier and quicker transactions and value-added services with exclusive offers to experience a convenient and hassle-free banking.
There is a zero- balance account and the account holder receives an International Level ATM cum Debit card along with a personalized multicity cheque book. The first five transactions at other bank ATMs at Non-Metro locations are free.
Capital Gain Account Scheme
The IDBI Bank has authorized to accept deposits under the Capital Gain Accounts Scheme. The scheme offers facilities to make an investment in order to save Capital Gains Tax. It offers capital investment in the residential house, flat, shares, family business, farm houses, agriculture land etc. under the Central Government Capital Gains Scheme, 1988.
The Capital Gains Account Scheme can be availed by the following individuals:
- Resident Individual
- Body of individuals
- Non-Individuals like Hindu Undivided Families (HUF)
- Sole Proprietorship Firms
- Partnership Firm Companies
- Association of Persons etc.
- The minimum account balance for this type of account is Rs 10, 000 and the maximum amount of deposit are Rs 100 Crore.
What are the ATM Transaction Charges
There are no transaction charges when you use an IDBI ATM. The first five transactions in the other bank ATMs is not charged. After that, a small fee charge of Rs 20 will be deducted from the account while withdrawing money and Rs 8 will be deducted from checking the balance.
IDBI (Industrial Development Bank of India) is a government owned financial service company which was established in 1964 and it offers banking and financial solutions in the retail and corporate banking arena.
At present, IDBI is one of the most prominent Indian commercial bank which has a strong presence in asset and liability products and leading solutions. The bank is present in all the states in India with a vast network of almost 1400 branches and 2000 ATMs across 28 states.
IDBI bank offers various products and services such as:
- Savings Accounts
- Fixed Deposits
- IDBI Loans
- IDBI Credit Cards
- IDBI Debit Cards
- Other Value Added Services by IDBI
The bank has a dedicated customer care service department through which it addresses customer queries and grievances such as requesting for account balance, account transaction details, request for new cheque book or statement, to help with resolving any kind of complaint, the IDBI bank customer care departments handles it all. If you wish to contact the IDBI Credit Card customer care department, you can approach the general enquiry number to resolve your query.
IDBI bank offers various modes of communication through which IDBI customers can contact the banks which are; toll – free helpline numbers, SMS, emails.
Through Phone Call
- IDBI Credit Card Customer Care Chargeable Number
To resolve your query you can call on the IDBI bank’s non toll – free number i.e. 022 – 4042 6013
- IDBI Credit Card Customer Care Toll – Free Number (For Credit Card – Related Enquiries)
If you wish to get in touch with the bank through a phone call, you can call on the IDBI bank’s toll – free number i.e. 1800 425 7600
If you wish to drop a mail you can do so by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
IDBI Bank 24 * 7 Customer Care Toll Free Number (For General Enquiries)
If you have any general enquiry you can call on the below mentioned number from any landline / mobile number and talk to a customer care representative regarding any kind of enquiry.
- Toll – Free 24 * 7 customer care number – 1800 – 200 – 1947 / 1800 – 22 – 1070
- IDBI Bank Non – Toll Free Number – (9122) 6693 7000
How to Hotlist Lost Credit Cards Through Toll – free customer Care Number
In case you have lost your card or it is stolen, you should simply block your card by calling on 1800 – 200 – 6999. This number can be dialled from most of the landline phones and mobile phones.
And in case you have lost your debit card, you can dial the same number immediately in order to get it blocked.
- Debit Card Blocking – Toll Free Customer Care Number
- By calling on the toll – free number you can also block your debit card through SMS. Follow the below mentioned way to block your Debit card through SMS:
- With Debit Card Number
- SMS BLOCK (space) Customer ID (space) Card Number to 5676777
- If you do not remember your Card Number, you can block your card by quoting your Customer ID
- SMS BLOCK (space) Customer ID to 5676777
IDBI Bank Credit Card Customer Care – for Customers calling from overseas
If you are overseas and wish to get in touch with a customer care representatives in the event of any emergency like a lost card or any foreign currency – related query, you should contact (91 – 22) 6693 7000 from wherever you are overseas. Call charges are applicable.
How to Register Your Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback to the bank you can do so. You can call on the IDBI Bank 24 Hours Customer Care Numbers and talk to a customer care executive regarding your feedback.
For Credit Card Grievance Redressal
For grievance redressal, the bank provides a separate link on the official website of the bank where one can file their grievance, complaints or queries related to credit cards.
If you have any grievance which you wish to file you can follow the below mentioned ways:
- You can call on IDBI Bank 24 * 7 customer care number customer care number at 1800 425 7600 and lodge a complaint. The non toll – free number is 91 22 – 4042 6013.
- You can also drop a mail to the customer care department describing your complaint / query in details at email@example.com . You will also have to provide complaint ID, your credit card number, and contact numbers in the subject line
- If you don’t receive any response within 8 working days or the resolution provided through the above channel is not satisfactory, you can escalate the issue to the Head – Credit Cards. Also make sure that you provide your complaint ID at the time you approach the concerned person. You can also contact the Head – Credit Cards between 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday and between 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday. Read below to know the details:
|Head – Credit Cards||Tel no: 022 – 6655 2263 FAX no: 022 – 6655 2676||IDBI Bank Ltd. Customer Care Centre, 13th Floor, A Wing, IDBI Tower, WTC Complex, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400 005|
- If you didn’t receive any response within 8 working days or the resolution provided through the above mentioned ways are not satisfactory to you, you can escalate the issue to the Head Credit Cards. Ensure that you quote your complaint ID while approaching the concerned person. You can contact the Chief Grievance Redressal Officer between 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday between 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday. Following are the details:
|Chief Grievance Redressal Officer (CGRO)||Tel no: 022 – 6655 2141, 6655 2143
FAX no: 022 -2216 5195
|IDBI Bank Ltd. Customer Care Centre, 13th Floor, A Wing, IDBI Tower, WTC Complex, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400 005||Pan India|
- If you still do not receive any response from the Chief Grievance Redressal Officer, you can escalate your concern to the Chief Customer Service Officer (CCSO). Also make sure to provide complaint ID when contacting the officer. Following are the contact details:
|Chief Customer Service Officer (CCSO)||Tel no: 022 – 22153979 E – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||IDBI Bank Ltd. Customer Care Centre, 13th Floor, A Wing, IDBI Tower, WTC Complex, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400 005||Pan India|
- If you still haven’t received any response within a month, you may get in touch with the Banking ombudsman appointed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
How to Locate IDBI Bank
You can locate your nearest IDBI bank on the official website of IDBI bank. For that you will have to just log on to the IDBI website and head to the “Branch Locator” link, from which you could search and refine to find the address of your desired IDBI bank branch. Following is the registered address of the bank:
IDBI Bank Credit Card Customer Care
|S.No.||Name & Contact Details||Office||Zonal Office||Jurisdiction|
|1||General Manager & GRO
Tel no: 011-6608 3096
1st Floor, Videocon Tower, E-1, Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi Pin :110055
Delhi (UT – NCT)
|Delhi||Delhi & NCR, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand|
|2||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 0172-5059302
Sector 17 – B,
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh (UT), Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir|
|3||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 033 – 22806780
44, Shakespeare Sarani, PB No 16102, Kolkata, West Bengal
|Kolkata||West Bengal, Bihar, North East States|
|4||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 0674-2541655
IDBI House, Janpath
|Bhubaneswar||Odhisa, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh|
|5||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 022 – 61279262
4th Floor, IDBI Tower, Plot No C-7, G Block, Opp NSE, Next To SBI, BKC, Bandra (E), Mumbai
|6||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 0712-6605119
Plot no 1,
Ravindra Nath Tagore Marg, Civil Lines, Nagpur
|7||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 079-66072806
Off CG Road,
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu|
|8||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 020 – 66421641
IDBI House, Fourth Floor
Dynaneshwar Paduka Chowk
Fergusson College Road, Shivaji Nagar
Pune Pin :411004
|Pune||Pune, Satara, Kolhapur, Sangli Districts & State of Goa|
|9||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 044 – 22202124
3rd Floor, Khivraj Complex – I, 480, Anna Salai, Nandanam, Chennai,
|Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar|
|10||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 080-67990050
58 Mission Road,
|11||General Manager & GRO
Tel No: 040- 2323 5466
D. Num 5-9-89/1 and 2,
P. B. Num 370,
Hyderabad Pin :500001
|Hyderabad||Telangana, Andhra Pradesh|
“Saving a small amount soon builds up to a large amount”. It is indeed an important practice one should have. Saving money can help one become financially secure and provide a safety net in case of an emergency.
A savings account is an interest-bearing deposit account held at a bank or another financial institution that provides a modest interest rate. Also, a savings account is often the first bank account for many including minors. In services like Savings Account, banks or financial institutions often limit the number of withdrawals you can make from your savings account each month, and they may charge fees unless you maintain a certain average monthly balance in the account. In other words, a savings account is a way to keep aside a part of your liquid assets for the future.
In this article, we will talk about IDBI Savings Account; its Application Method, Interest Rates, Features, etc.
Industrial Development Bank of India or popularly known as IDBI Bank is a government-owned financial institution which was established in 1964 in order to cater to the financial needs of industrial needs. And IDBI bank successfully meets the financial requirements of the developing and growing India.
IDBI bank considered being one of the most prominent Indian Commercial Banks, which has a strong presence in asset and liability products and leading solutions. The bank has its presence across the nation with almost 1400 branches and 2000 ATMs in all the states of India.
How To Open IDBI Savings Account Online
IDBI bank offers both online and offline way of opening a savings account. To open a savings account via the offline way you will have to visit the nearest bank branch or call the IDBI office. For the online procedure, you will have to visit the official website of IDBI bank and follow the required steps.
Interest Rates of IDBI Savings Account
Read the below table to know the interest rates of IDBI Savings Account:
|Savings Bank Rate||4 Per Cent|
|Base Rate||10 Per Cent|
|Current BPLR||14.50 Per Cent|
Minimum Balance Requirement in IDBI Savings Account
Below table contains information regarding minimum balance requirement in IDBI Savings Account:
|Suraksha Plus Savings||INR 5000|
|Super Savings Account||INR 5000|
|Super Shakti Account (For Women)||INR 5000|
|Jubilee Plus Account (For Senior Citizens)||0|
|Being Me Account||INR 2500|
|Power Kidz Account||INR 1500|
|Small Account (Relaxed KYC)||0|
|Sabka Basic Savings Account (Complete KYC)||0|
|Pension Savings Account (Central Govt. Employee)||0|
|Capital Gain Account Scheme||INR 10,000|
Features and Benefits of IDBI Savings Account
IDBI Savings Account provides complete banking convenience to its customers. It is a complete financial package that offers easy access to your money with ease. IDBI Savings Account provides a host of banking benefits like SMS Banking, Phone Banking and Internet Banking Facilities. It provides lifestyle and privilege offers, trading and portfolio solutions, flexible easy accounts management, special banking benefits for senior citizens, along with a competitive interest rate. You can make quick utility bill payments via NetBanking, and enjoy various features in convenience banking with an IDBI Savings Account.
Read below to know some more benefits of having a savings account with IDBI bank:
- You can make your payments more quickly as it provides online facility to pay bills and tax
- By opting a savings account according to your convenience and suitability, you can earn good interest rate as compared to the other instant banking option
- As you open a savings bank account you get a global debit card and a passbook
- You can also easily deposit DDs (Demand Drafts), cheque or cash
- Along with saving a great deal, you also get rebates and gifts on travel
Types of IDBI Savings Bank Account
IDBI bank offers a wide range of products and services to its customers. The bank offers various types of IDBI savings bank account. Read the table below to know the types of savings account and its features:
|Super Shakti (Women’s) Account Advantage||
|Super Savings Account||
|Suraksha Plus Savings Advantage||
|Being Me Account||
|Sabka Basic Savings Account||
|Pension Savings Account||
|Senior Citizen Account||
ATM Transaction Charges on IDBI Savings Account
There are no transaction charges when you use an IDBI ATM. The first five transactions in other banks’ ATMs are also not charged. After that, a small fee of INR 20 will be charged for withdrawing money and INR 8 will be levied for checking your balance.