Home » Posts tagged 'how to check voter id application status'
Tag Archives: how to check voter id application status
As the name suggests, Voter’s identity card is required to participate in elections to cast your vote and elect your leader who will then run the country. Voter’s identity card is also known as EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card). And it is authorized by the Government of India as an identification proof. In this article, we will discuss the various methods to check Voter ID Application Status.
Elections take place in every 5 years in India. And it is the responsibility of the citizens to exercise the right given to them and elect the ideal leader by casting their vote. And in India, every individual who has reached the age of 18 years or above are eligible to vote and take part in an election.
Unlike previous times where people were required to visit the electoral office physically in order to enquire about their Voter ID Card application process. However, today the process has become much easier and simple where you can complete the task anytime and anywhere according to your convenience.
You can check the status of your application in three ways which are as follows:
- Online using the official website of the ECI (Election Commission of India)
- Using your mobile via SMS
- Calling on the designated helpline number
|Some Important Links|
|Voter ID Card Information|
|Apply For The Voter ID Card|
|Update/Correction In Voter ID Card|
|Verify Voter ID Card|
|Link Voter ID Card With Aadhaar Card|
How to Check Voter ID Card Application Status
Every Indian citizen after reaching the age of 18 should apply for the voter’s id card. Once a person applies for the card he or she can check the status of the card with the following three methods:
Check Voter ID Application Status via Call
Besides this, a user can also call the call center of the Election Commission of India. The number is toll-free and the instructions are given in both Hindi as well as English and few regional languages as well and their number is 1950.
Checking Voter ID Application Status Online using Official Website
The Government of India, in order to ensure an easy access to the Election Commission by the people of India, initiated the online portal i.e National Voter’s Service Portal (http://www.nvsp.in) where besides other services, also facilitate people who have applied for their voter’s id to check the status of their application.
In order to avail this facility, the following steps must be taken:
- Visit the website of National Voter’s Service Portal i.e. http://www.nvsp.in You can also track status of your application form on respective State CEO Website. A list is given below for your convenience.
- Click on the hyperlink “Track Application Status“. (Refer to the image below)
- After this, a page will appear which will ask for your Reference Id. You will find the reference id on the acknowledgement you received after successfully submitting the Voter ID Application.
- Click on “Track Status”
- If your Reference ID is correct, the status of your Voter ID Application Status will be displayed on the screen.
Tracking Voter ID Application Status via Mobile or SMS
To make the service accessible to people with no or low speed internet connection, Election Commission also provides the option of tracking Voter ID Application Status via SMS. The following format should be used while using SMS to check the status of your Voter ID Application:
- Type EPIC then spaces followed by the Voter’s ID Application Number.
- The message should be sent to the Electoral office which will send the information about the Voter ID Card Application Status.
- The number to which this SMS has to be sent varies from one Electoral Office to another. A List is also provided here.
How to Check the Active Voter ID Application Status
Some of the other methods which can be used to know the status of the voter’s id card is:
Check the status by name: This is one of the easiest methods to check the status of the voter’s id card. For this method, the user must be registered to the official online portal of National Voters’ services. Once the registration process is done the following user can log in to his or her account and fill in the following details to get the status of the voters’ id:
- Age and Date of birth.
- Assembly Constituency
- Captcha code
Check status by number: In order to avail this service, one must visit the official website of National Voter’s Service Portal. Besides giving information about the voter’s application status, the portal also helps to provide other information like in searching the nearest polling station, address change and also in finding the Booth level officer, Electoral Roll officer, district Election Officials and officers in Chief Election Office. The following steps must be taken to avail this service:
- Visit the official website of NSVP: www.nvsp.in
- Go to “national service” and then click on “search your name in electoral roll”
- You will be redirected to a page where in order to search by EPIC number click on the second tab.
- Fill in all the details like name, father’s name, date of birth, state, district, gender, assembly constituency etc and click on “search”
- After this, a page will appear which will consist of various details like:
- information about the polling station
- download and print option of the voters’ id card
- address change application
- booth level officer
- Electoral roll officer
- District Election officer
- Officers in the Chief Election Office.
Status of Voters Id Correction Application
There may arise a number of circumstances when a person might want to make changes to voters’ id card like due to change in surname after marriage or divorce or when a person received the card with incorrect details. In all such cases after applying for changes in the card, the following steps can take to know the status of the correction:
- Visit the official website of National Voters’ Services Portal.
- Enter the reference number provided during the submission of Form 8.
- After this click on “track status” to view the status of the application.
It must be noted that after applying for the voters’ card, either the applicant will receive the card or the verification team will visit the applicant’s residence. However, if neither of these happens then the applicant must inform the zonal officer, ERO, Local Tahsildar or call the polling station in his or her area.
Importance of Voter ID Card
There can various instances when a voter’s id card can be used
- While applying for a passport the voter’s id card acts as a compulsory document to verify an individual’s identity.
- Similarly, while traveling within the country one must always carry the voters’ id card as it is their most important of proof of citizenship.
- Voters id is provided by the government of India does not discriminate anyone on the basis of caste, class, gender or tribe. However, it has only one pre-requisite that is in order to avail this card one must be 18 years or above. It is the only card that entitles the power to vote to an individual.
|Some Useful Important Links|
|Apply New Voter ID Registration||Click Here|
|Online Correction Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Apply New Voter ID Registration NRI||Click Here|
|Know Your Name In Electoral Roll||Click Here|
|Application Status||Click Here|
|Online Complaints For Any Problem||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|