Home » Posts tagged 'EPF'
Tag Archives: EPF
The EPFO which is otherwise called as the Employees Provident Fund Organization has come up with another online facility for correcting the details such as the name, date of birth etc. of an employee. It has been found out that, people are facing a lot of issues regarding the making of the corrections or modifications of the details of the EPFO account holder. This is the reason due to the mismatch in the name, date of birth or gender in the UAN Data and UIDAI (Aadhaar) data says the Retirement Fund Body EPFO.
The UAN or the Universal Account Number is a unique number that is assigned to an employee which serves as an umbrella for multiple member IDs provided to an individual by different establishments where he or she has worked. The UAN helps to link with multiple member IDs allotted to the single employee under a single UAN.
How to Modify the Details of the EPF Account Online
In case of the offline mode, if an EPFO subscriber wants to make any correction on his/her basic details such as the name, date of birth etc. then the employee and the employer has to submit a joint request to the concerned EFO Office. This process was a bit complex and time-consuming. Therefore, to minimize the pressure the EPFO has introduced the online facility. Now the subscribers can request online to make corrections in the basic details.
While accepting a request from the member, the system will compare and analyze the requested changes with the similar fields receives from the UIDAI (Aadhaar). After a successful verification, the request will be transferred automatically to the employer’s login for the online transmission to the EPFO field office. After getting the online request the EPFO will process the requested corrections.
Below are the steps to correct the Name, Date of Birth and Other Details of the EPFO Subscribers:
- Log in using the Member Interface of Unified Portal through the UAN Password.
- Click on the Manage section and select for “Modify Basic Details” option.
- Provide the required details as mentioned in Aadhaar (the system will verify the details entered with UIDAI Aadhaar Data.
- Click on the update details. The request will be sent to the employer for further approval. The employer can also withdraw the request if he/she wants to delete/reject Request.
- The employee has to log into the Employer Interface Unified Portal. The employer can view the change requests that have been submitted by the employees, so that the employer can take action for the further procedures.
After the approval of the request, the employer can view the latest request status. After the approval of the request, it can also be viewed in the EPFO Unified Portal. After the verification, the person can submit his/her recommendations to the Section Supervisor. Finally, the EPFO Office can approve as well as reject the case.
The EPFO (Employee’s Provident Fund Organization) has launched a new online facility for over 4.5 crore members. This facility allows merging their multiple provident fund accounts with the current Universal Account Number (UAN)…Read More
Under EPF (Employees Provident Fund), it is advisable to transfer PF accounts between organizations as and when employees change their jobs.
Earlier subscribers had to file separate EPF transfer claims which is Form 13 (For transferring PF / pension between different accounts) regarding the same.
However, EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) has declared that the subscribers no longer have to file separate EPF transfer claims using Form -13 as it will now be done automatically.
Although, at the time of joining, the employees are required to provide details of the previous EPF account in new composite F-11 form (which is a declaration form by a person taking up employment in any establishment on which EPF scheme is applicable). And after that funds will be automatically transferred by the EPFO to new EPF account.
An official of EPFO also said that they are deciding upon providing Aadhaar card and bank accounts of the employees along with to use new F – 11 composite form.
Also, note that recently EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) have mandated linking Aadhaar number with the EPF account after Government made Aadhaar mandatory for all the other official documents. This linkage will also help to avail subsidized scheme easily where the subsidized amount will be transferred directly into the account.
To know more about the linkage between Aadhaar card and EPF account read
So, the Composite declaration form (F – 11) is replacing form 13 (For transferring PF/pension between different accounts) which is decided by the EPFO.
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) which works under the Ministry of Labor and Employment has also introduced an online portal where a subscriber can check EPF claim status online as well. And this process is easy and hasslefree. And only an EPF member or subscriber can make a withdrawal claim.
EPFO stands for Employees Provident Fund Organization. It is a statutory body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The Organization was founded on 4th of March 1952.
The Organization offers special services such as:
- Employees Provident Scheme 1952
- Employees Deposit Linked Insurance, Scheme 1976
- Employees Pension Scheme 1995
Member Portal of EPFO
The link for the online portal of the EPFO is members.epfoservices.in. The portal provides all the information and services which are related to the Employees Provident Fund.
To experience the services such as checking your EPF balance etc. you need to log in to the portal and ask for the permission to access the online EPF Account Passbook.
How to Login to the EPFO Member Portal
Follow the below given steps to log in to the EPFO Member Portal:
- Visit the EPFO Member Portal: unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in.
- In the main page for the registration, fill in the required details.
- Ensure that you enter the correct documents type since you will have to log in to the portal using the same details provided by you.
- After the registration process, log in to the EPFO Member Portal. If you wish to register into the portal with the help of the PAN Card, you will have to select the PAN Number from the tab mentioning “Select Any One Document” and enter your PAN Number.
- Now check the details before submitting, to get the PIN Number.
- After the submission of the details, you will get an authorization PIN.
- Now enter the authorization PIN, and you will be registered.
- From the above-mentioned steps, you can now easily open the member portal by entering the specific details such as the mobile number, document type, and document number and successfully download your EPF Passbook from the website.
EPFO Member Portal: (Things to Remember)
- You can use only one mobile number during the process of registration.
- You can add multiple id numbers, and you can use anyone with your mobile number to login to the EPFO Member Portal.
- After registering yourself, you can be able to view your EPF Passbook. It is to be noted that you will be able to use this facility only if your employer has uploaded the electronic challan cum return from the wage month May 2012 onwards.
- Being a registered member, you can only view one account under one employer. If you have more than one account with one employer then you should apply for a transfer by filling in the required details in Form 11.
- You will be able to view 10 accounts under different organizations (establishments). There is no restriction on the number of times you view all the accounts.
- You don’t have to create any User ID or Password. You just need your registered mobile number and anyone identification proof (Aadhaar/ PAN/ National Population Register/ Voter ID/ Driving License/ Passport) to register and Log in.
- If in case you wish to view the inoperative accounts, you need to make one official request for using the facility to display the inoperative accounts.
- It is, however, important to note that the facility is not available to the current members of the organizations (establishments) which have an exemption as per EPF Scheme 1952.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has introduced the Universal Account Number (UAN) which is a 12-digit unique number to facilitate Provident Fund (PF) number portability. The UAN Number is allotted to the employee who is contributing to the EPF and will be generated for each of the PF Member by EPFO. The link to access the EPFO’s Universal Account Number (UAN) Member Portal is – unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
This offers several facilities via one single window.
The UAN acts as an umbrella for the several individuals working under different organizations or establishments. UAN, therefore, links a multiple Member Identification Numbers of one Member. If you have been already allotted with a Universal Account Number (UAN), then you have to give the same to the new employer so the latter can mark the new Member ID to the allotted UAN.
You need to contact your Organization to get your UAN. After that, activate your registration to access different facilities such as the downloading of the UAN card, Updating of the KYC Details and much more.
The EPFO (Employee’s Provident Fund Organization) has launched a new online facility for over 4.5 crore members. This facility allows merging their multiple provident fund accounts with the current Universal Account Number (UAN).
Under this facility, the subscriber can merge as many as 10 previous accounts with their UAN in a go. Currently, the EPFO subscribers are requested to file separate transfer claims online using the UAN on the EPFO’s UAN Portal.
To avail this facility, the subscriber has to activate their UAN which is seeded with the bank accounts along with the other details such as the Aadhaar and PAN details. It states that “One Employee with One EPF Account”.
According to the Official, the EPFO has already issued a direction to its over 120 offices earlier this week to use this service. The objective of this service is to ensure that a multiple number of accounts are consolidated as early as possible.
The subscribers have to provide their current activated UAN, their member ID (identification) and registered mobile number at UAN Portal. After the validation of the credentials of the members, the EPFO will allow them to register their previous EPF Account numbers for the consolidation with the current UAN.
This online facility can be accessed on the EPFO Website located at the “Employees Corner”.
EPF (Employees Provident Fund) scheme is a retirement savings scheme for employees across India. In this scheme, a small portion of your salary is deducted from your salary account to your EPF account. Over a time it grows into a corpus which can be handy at the time of the emergencies.
Earlier if an employee switches their jobs they had to open a new EPF account with the company and submit an application to the new company to transfer the previous balance in new account. And as this was very inconvenient especially when one had to switch job frequently, the employees either used to avoid the whole process or withdraw their EPF account.
However, with the new initiative taken by the EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization), your EPF account will be automatically transferred in case you switch your job. Hence, it becomes easy and very convenient for people who change their jobs frequently.
This was communicated by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner in an order stating the revision of the transfer procedure.
Offline and Online method of EPF accumulation after changing jobs
In case your Aadhaar number is not linked with your PF account or with UAN (Universal Account Number) or the verification is still pending with the previous employer, you have to go with the offline procedure, as online procedure is not available in such cases.
For offline process of EPF accumulation, you have to get Form 13 (you can get it from your employer or you can download it by clicking here) fill the form properly and submit it to your new employee. Followed by the employer who is required to forward this application to EPFO office and PF will transferred in due course.
Also note, in the offline transfer the attestation of both the previous and the new employer is required.
In an online process, an employee is required to fill up the Composite Declaration Form (F – 11 Click here to download) with the details about their previous PF account and UAN, when they join a new company and submit it to their new employer.
The new employer is then required to update these details on the employers portal at EPFO
In case the UAN and PF account is linked with your Aadhaar number it will proceed with auto – transfer process.
Once done, an SMS will be sent on employees mobile phone number informing the same.
Check Here – How to link Aadhaar with EPF Account.