Home » Posts tagged 'EPF Status'
Tag Archives: EPF Status
Under EPF (Employees Provident Fund), it is advisable to transfer PF accounts between organizations as and when employees change their jobs.
Earlier subscribers had to file separate EPF transfer claims which is Form 13 (For transferring PF / pension between different accounts) regarding the same.
However, EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) has declared that the subscribers no longer have to file separate EPF transfer claims using Form -13 as it will now be done automatically.
Although, at the time of joining, the employees are required to provide details of the previous EPF account in new composite F-11 form (which is a declaration form by a person taking up employment in any establishment on which EPF scheme is applicable). And after that funds will be automatically transferred by the EPFO to new EPF account.
An official of EPFO also said that they are deciding upon providing Aadhaar card and bank accounts of the employees along with to use new F – 11 composite form.
Also, note that recently EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) have mandated linking Aadhaar number with the EPF account after Government made Aadhaar mandatory for all the other official documents. This linkage will also help to avail subsidized scheme easily where the subsidized amount will be transferred directly into the account.
To know more about the linkage between Aadhaar card and EPF account read
So, the Composite declaration form (F – 11) is replacing form 13 (For transferring PF/pension between different accounts) which is decided by the EPFO.
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) which works under the Ministry of Labor and Employment has also introduced an online portal where a subscriber can check EPF claim status online as well. And this process is easy and hasslefree. And only an EPF member or subscriber can make a withdrawal claim.
The EPF refers to Employees Provident Fund. The Employees Provident Fund Organization has the overall authority over the EPF accounts. The EPFO in turn works under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. Every organization which employs more than 20 employees under their payroll are required to contribute to their employee’s EPF accounts. The EPF works as a saving cum pension scheme for all the employees be it in government sector or public sector.
The balance available in the EPF account since the time of starting a job refers to the EPF amount and there exists various ways to check the balance in the EPF account.
To find these ways to check EPF balance visit here.
What Is A EPF Amount
The EPF amount comprises of the amount that is deducted from the employee’s salary every month plus the amount that is contributed every month by the employer. In 2013 the EPFO introduced an online portal that could be used by an employee at any place and at any time. The EPF acts as an important pension scheme at the same time it also acts as a safety net at the time of an emergency. The main idea for introducing an online portal is to ensure that people can check their PF balance easily particularly at the time of an emergency when they want do a pre-mature withdrawal.
How to Claim EPF Online
The EPFO has introduced an online portal by which the withdrawal process takes only 15 to 20 days. The online process is easy and hassle free. Only a EPF member or subscriber can make a withdrawal claim. The following steps must be taken in order claim EPF online:
- The universal Account Number provided by the EPFO must be activated.
- The account holder must update their Aadhaar card in th EPFO website.
- The account holder must also link his or her PAN card in the EPFO website.
- The bank’s details and the member’s mobile number must also be updated in the UAN database.
Steps to claim EPF amount
The following steps must be taken in order claim EPF amount online
- Visit the official website of the Employees Provident Fund : www.epfindia.com
- Download form number 19
- Fill all the details of the form like PF account number, company details, company details etc.
- After this the account holder is required to attach documents like resignation letter, experience letter, clearance, bank details etc.
- After completing the form and attaching it with all the necessary details, the account holder is required to submit the form at the Employees Provident Fund Organization.
- After successful submission the verification will start and within 2 to 3 months the money gets transferred to the bank account.
How to Check EPF Claim Status Online
After submitting a claim for the EPF amount, a person can take the following steps to check the status of his or her claim:
- Visit the official website of Employees Provident Fund: www.epfindia.com
- Click on “Know your claim status” under the “services” bar
- After the account holder is required to provide the UAN number and the enter the captcha in the appropriate box provided for it and then click on “search”.
- After this you will be redirected to a page where you will have select your EPF office from the drop down list.
- After selecting the EPF office, the region code and the office code will be filled automatically in their respective boxes.
- In the third box the account holder is required to provide the establishment code which should not be more than 7 digits long.
- In case the establishment has an extension or a sub code, it must be entered in the fourth box. This box must be kept blank if an establishment does not have any extension or sub code.
- In the fifth box the account holder is required to fill in his or her account number. The account number should not be more than 7 digits.
- After this click on “submit” to get the status.
Reasons Behind A EPF Claim Rejection
Although with the introduction of the Universal Account umber a person does not have to worry about EPF transfer as it will automatically get linked under the UAN number. However, while applying for an EPF withdrawal a person is required to attest the withdrawal claim to his or her current or previous employer for attestation. In many cases the request of attestation from the previous or current employer might get rejected.
Some of the reasons why attestation to an EPF claim might get rejected are:
- An employee is required to submit the signed online claim print out within 15 days from the date of making the claim. In case of any delay the employer must be immediately informed.
- The attestation will be rejected if the claim has already been sent to the EPFO and has never been rejected till date.
- If the employees provide wrong information or when his or her information does not match with the information available at the EPFO database then also the EPFO claim can get rejected.
- If a person has changed his or her signature but has not updated it in the EPFO records then also the employee’s withdrawal claim might get rejected.
Thus, the employee while making the claim via his or her current employer or previous employer must be careful while filling in the details. Many a times at the time of verification, a withdrawal claim gets rejected when the information provided by the employee does not match with the established records.