Home » Posts tagged 'ECR'
Tag Archives: ECR
In order to protect the vulnerable sections of the society, such as the illiterate workers or labors, children etc. the Office of the Protector of the Emigrants, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has introduced a new category for such citizens while applying for a Passport. The Category is nothing but the Emigration Check Required (ECR) Category.
The Emigration Check Required Passport is mainly issued to those applicants who have not cleared or passed their 10th grades officially in the Indian Education System.
|Some Important Links Related To Indian Passport|
|Apply For Indian Passport|
|Change Address In Passport|
|Passport Application Status|
|Non ECR Passport|
The ECR Passports are required for those Indians who wish to travel to different countries in search of employment. It is a required status for the junior citizens who did not clear their 10th exam or high school standard graduation exam.
The Citizens who are applying for the ECR Passports has to go through the Immigration Office who would certify that these citizens are clear and are eligible to leave the country and there are no restrictions on them. Even a senior citizen can also apply for an ECR Passport if he/she has not cleared the 10th-grade exam. The ECR Status will be printed in the passports of the applicants who fall under the ECR Category.
Countries that allow the ECR Passports Citizens
- Saudi Arab
The following people are not subjected to the Emigration Check Required Passport even if they travel to the above-mentioned countries:
- Gazetted and Diplomatic Passport Holders
- Gazetted Officers
- Income Tax Payers
- Professional Degree Holders such as Engineers, Doctors Etc.
- Dependent children and spouse of professional degree holders Etc.
- People who have passed 10th standard and above.
- Sea cadets and Seamen having CDS who have passed the finals of Nautical Science (3 years course) from the institutes mentioned below.
- NIPM, Chennai
- MTI, Chennai
- People who hold visas for a permanent immigration like Visas for the US, UK, and Australia.
- People holding a degree or diploma in Polytechnic
- Individuals who hold a diploma in nursing under the Indian Nursing Council Act 1947.
- People who are above the age of 50 years.
- The individuals who have spent their three years overseas with their spouses.
- Children below the age of 18 years with one or both parents.
Proof of Date of Birth Documents
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority, whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India.
- Transfer/ School Leaving/ Matriculation Certificate issued by the School last attended/ recognized educational board.
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/ Companies having the Date of Birth of the holder of the insurance policy.
- Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government Servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of the retired Government servants, duly attested/ certified by the officer/ in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/ Department of the applicant.
- Aadhaar Card/ E-Aadhaar
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department.
- Driving License issued by the Transport Department of Concerned State Government.
- A declaration was given by the Head of the Orphanage/ Child Care Home on their official letterhead of the organization confirming the Date of Birth of the applicant.
Proof of Address Documents
- Water bill
- Telephone bill (landline or postpaid bill)
- Electricity Bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from the Employer of reputed companies on the letterhead
- Spouse’s passport copy (first and last page including the family details mentioning applicant’s name as the spouse of the Passport Holder, provided by the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the Spouse’s passport.
- Parent’s Passport Copy, in case of Minors. (First and Last Page)
- Aadhaar Card
- Rent Agreement
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks, and Regional Rural Banks only)
- How to check whether the Passport is ECR or Non-ECR
- If the passports are issued before Jan 2017 and if there are no endorsements/notations on the second page of the notification then your Passport is denoted as ECR.
- Demand Letter
- Employment Contract
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of first and last page of Passport
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of PBBY Policy
- Copy of 20 Lakhs Life Insurance Policy (Mandatory if incase destination country is Libya)
- Affidavits, as applicable as per the jurisdiction PoE office
How to Apply for the ECR Passport
Step by step procedure to apply for an ECR Passport
- Open emigrate public website- emigrate.gov.in
- Go to the Emigrant section and apply for the registration for the ECR Countries and under that option select the option Employer not registered on eMigrate System.
- After selecting, the option the Emigrant Registration Form opens:
- Name of the employer
- Select the Employment Country from the given list
- Emigrant’s Passport Number
- Enter the captcha code/ image
It can be the case where the information is already saved in the system (if some emigrant has entered the same employer details in the past). In such case, the system displays the employer details whose name sounds similar to the entered employer name.
- Now select the row and click next to proceed and update the selected employer details if required.
- Fill in the rest emigrant registration form which consists of the following details:
- Employment Details (after filling the details click save and next and move to the next screen)
- Passport Details (after filling the details click save and next and move to the next screen)
- Visa and Insurance Details (after filling the details click save and next and move to the next screen)
- Personal Details (after the filling of details click save and next and move to the next screen)
- Travel Details (after filling the details click save and next and move to the next screen)
- Contact details (after filling the details click save and next and move to next screen)
- Now upload the required documents
- Next step is the payment. The emigration form allows two payment procedures: Online Payment (debit card/credit card/net banking) OR Click Challan to make the payment in cash. The eMigrate System generates the bank challan.
- A confirmation page appears which displays that you have successfully made the payment.
- The Confirmation page comprises of the following information:
- Application Reference Number (ARN generated by the system)
- Option to download the filled application form in pdf format (file)
- Option to download the payment receipt/bank challan in pdf format (file)
Suspension of ECR Status
If you are planning to travel to any one of the ECR Countries for any purpose other than the employment then you need to submit the following documents:
- Filled in application form
- A fee of Rs 400
- Visa Copy
- Original Passport and a copy of the passport
- Copy of the return tickets
- Attested sponsorship declaration from Indian Consulate/ Mission
- Address Proof
ECNR stands for Emigration Check Not Required. Basically, in India the Non-ECR Passports are issued to those who are Matric / Standard X pass, he/she is free to go to any certain Gulf/ African Country or other poorer countries for a scope of work and labor and earn for their livelihood. There are other categories of people as well who come under the Non-ECR Category.
According to the Emigration Act 1983, the Indian Citizens were burdened with a rule that there were not supposed to migrate until and unless they obtain an emigration clearance certificate from the Protector of the Emigrants. But it has been recognized that there are 17 countries which do not have many strict rules for the entry and employment of the foreign nationals.
The 17 ECR Countries are Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, Sudan, Afghanistan, Thailand, Iraq, Indonesia, Syria, Lebanon, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Malaysia, Libya, and Jordan. The individual can visit any of these places for the search of employment. But if in case, an individual is having an ECR Passport then the POE Officers will paste the Emigration Clearance Sticker.
Check Here for More Details on ECR & Non ECR Passport.
Below are the set of categories of people who come under the Non-ECR Category
- All the Diplomatic and Official Passport Holders.
- All the Gazetted Government Servants.
- Income – Tax Payers (including the Agricultural Income Tax Payees)
- Professional Degree Holders (Doctors Holding M.B.B.S Degree or holding a Degree in Ayurveda or Homeopathy, Chartered Accountants, Accredited Journalist, Engineers, Lecturers, Teachers, Scientists, Advocates etc.
- Spouses, Dependent Children of the Government Servants and Professional Degree Holders.
- The One who is having an educational qualification of matriculation and above.
- Seamen who are titled as CDC or Sea Cadets, Desk Cadets a) the one passed the final exam of three years B. Sc. Nautical Sciences Courses at T.S Chanakya Mumbai. b) If one has undergone a pre-sea training for three months at any of the institutes approved by the Government.
- The one who is holding a permanent immigration Visas, such as the Visas of Australia, US, and USA.
- One who is possessing two years diploma from any National Council recognized Institute for Vocational Training or State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT) or one who is holding three years diploma/ equivalent degree from the institutions like Polytechnics recognized by State/Central Governments.
- All the nurses possessing the qualification recognized under Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.
- One who is above the age of 50 years.
- If a person is staying in abroad for more than 3 years (this three year period can be stretched or broken) along with their spouses.
- Children up to the age of 18 years. (At the time of the re-issue at the age of 18 years, the ECR Stamping can be done, if applicable).
Documents Required for the Non-ECR Category
- If you are a Diplomatic or Official Passport Holder
Then you do not require any other separate document except for the Diplomatic Passport.
- If you are a Gazetted Government Servants, or their spouse or children
- An Identity Certificate as per Annexure A / No Objection Certificate as per Annexure G/ Prior Intimation Letter (PI) as per Annexure H.
- For the spouses of the Gazette Government Services- An Identity Certificate as per Annexure A / An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar.
- For the children of the Gazetted Government Servants- an Identity Certificate as per Annexure A /Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any Office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths/ School Leaving Certificate/ Secondary School Leaving Certificate/ Certificate of the Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution/ Passport Copy of the Government Servant.
- If the person is having educational qualifications of matriculation and above
- Matriculation or Higher Educational Pass Certificate.
- All the persons who are above the age 50
- Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any Office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths/ School Leaving Certificate/ Secondary School Leaving Certificate/ Certificate of the Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution.
- All the children up to the age of 18 years (For re-issue of passport, after they attain the age of 18 years, the documents to prove their non-ECR Category has to be submitted, else ECR Stamping is done
- Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Authority or any Office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths.
- Income Tax Payers
- Proof of Assessment Income Tax and Actual Payment of Income Tax for last one year/ Income Tax Statement (with Income Tax being paid by the applicant) for the last one year that is stamped by the Income Tax authorities and a copy of a PAN Card.
- For the spouses, certifying signifying relation – An attested copy of the marriage certificate issued by the Marriage Registrar. For the verification purpose, spouse’s name needs to be endorsed in the applicant’s passport.
- For the dependent children- Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any Office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths/ School Leaving Certificate/ Secondary School Leaving Certificate/ Certificate of the Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution.
- Person Possessing three Diploma from any Government Recognized Institute
- Pass Certificate issued by the Institute.
- Nurses Possessing Qualifications under the Indian Nursing Council Act. 1947
- Nursing Certificate
- All Professional Degree Holders
- Certificate of the Professional Degree Held.
- For the spouses, certificate signifying relation: an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Marriage certificate issued by the Marriage Registrar. For the verification purpose, spouse’s name needs to be endorsed in the applicant’s passport.
- For the dependent children: Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any Office authorized to issue Birth Certificate by Registrar of Births and Deaths/ School Leaving Certificate/ Secondary School Leaving Certificate/ Certificate of the Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution.
- All the persons who have been staying abroad for more than three years
- Passport Copy of first two and last two pages, including the ECR/Non-ECR Page and the Page of Observation made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
- For the spouse- an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Marriage certificate issued by the Marriage Registrar. For the verification purpose, spouse’s name needs to be endorsed in the applicant’s passport.
- The Applicant has to submit a written statement detailing all the details of exit and entry to India and produce the Passport for verification. (Format- S No., No. of Date and Exit, Page Number of the Passport having the Passport. Also, provide the similar details of the Corresponding Entry. The last column should mention the number of days spent outside in India. This should be more than three years (1095).
- Continuous Discharge Certificate.
- Persons Holding a Permanent Immigration Visa, such as the Visas of UK, USA, and Australia
- Copy of Immigration Visas or the Permanent Resident Card of the country of stay.
Important Points to Remember While Submitting the Documents
- Proof of payment of Advance Tax is not sufficient, you need to submit additional documents.
- Applicants who are submitting NIL Income Tax Return Statement are not eligible.