Home » Posts tagged 'apply for wbpds ration card'
Tag Archives: apply for wbpds ration card
Primarily, WBPDS Ration card is issued to the households, against which the deserving families can avail basic necessities such as food grains, sugar, kerosene, wheat and fuel at a subsidized rate. However,WBPDS ration card also works as a proof of identity and proof of address before documents like Aadhaar card and PAN Card came into being. The Ration Cards acts as an Official Document which is issued by the Government of India. The Food and Civil Supplies Department of West Bengal Government has provided various online and offline procedure by which one can apply for a WBPDS Ration Card in West Bengal. Also, through that website one can check their ration card status, How to apply for a duplicate ration card; make the correction in ration card etc.
|Some Important Link|
|Apply For West Bengal Voter ID Card|
|Appy Here For West Bengal Driving License|
|West Bengal IFSC Code|
|West Bengal Pin Code|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account|
Types of Ration Card available in WBPDS West Bengal
Keeping all strata of the society, ration card had been categorized so that deserving candidates can make the best use of the card provided by the government. West Bengal ration card has been divided into three types; let’s take a broader look at different categories of ration card:
- Antodaya Ration Card – This card is issued by the government to provide highly subsidized food to millions of the poorest families. And it is issued to those people who do not have a stable income specially the old age people or the unemployed people.
- Above Poverty Line Ration Cards (APL) – this type of ration card is issued to people with higher annual income. This category people are not liable to get food grains at a subsidized rate however, they can use this card as an identity proof.
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card (BPL) – Below poverty line ration cards are issued to people whose income is less than 10,000 per annum and are liable to get food grains and other basic necessities at a lowest subsidized rate.
Eligibility Criterion for a WBPDS Ration Card
In West Bengal or be it any other state, ration cards are provided by accessing their eligibility criteria, so that deserving candidates can get fair chance to get the benefits that government is offering. Below is the list of eligibility criteria to avail a WBPDS ration card in West Bengal
- The first criterion in order to possess a ration card is to be a citizen of India as Non – resident of India (NRIs) are not eligible to apply for a ration card in India.
- Along with that the applicant is required to be the head of the family to apply for a ration card
- In case an applicant is shifting their place of residence, they are required to submit a surrender certificate in order to get a ration card.
- The applicant has to submit a certificate mentioning that the individual does not have any extra Ration Card applied.
- In case of marriage or birth of a child, the individual has to submit the marriage certificate or Birth Certificate
Documents Required to apply for a WBPDS Ration Card
Proof of identity and proof of address is an important aspect to apply for a ration card. Below is the list of important official documents which are suggested to keep handy before applying for a ration card for a smoother application
- Photograph of the family head
- Photo identity card such as Passport, Aadhaar card, Voter ID card etc.
- Address Proof (utility bill, telephone bill etc.)
- Neighbour Witness (At least 2)
- Age and Income – Certificate
How to Apply for a WBPDS Ration Card – wbpds.gov.in
The Offline way by which you can apply for a West Bengal WBPDS Ration Card.
Offline method is still a suitable method for people those who are not well – versed with internet and also does not have a secured internet connection. Hence, if you want to apply for a ration card offline in West Bengal, follow the below mentioned procedure:
- You are required to visit the PDS (Public Distribution System) office and ask for an application form to apply for a West Bengal Ration card.
- Once the officials provide you with the application form, you are required to fill the form properly and attach the required documents such as Residential proof and Photo identity proof. And also attach the Income Proof and Age Proof of the head of the family along with the application form.
- And before submitting doesn’t forget to cross check the information you have provided in the form.
How to Check the Status of the WBPDS Ration Card | WB Ration Card Status – wbpds.gov.in
Once applied, it is important to keep a track of your ration card. You can read below to know how to check the status of your ration card in West Bengal:
- To check the ration card status in West Bengal, you are required to visit the official site of WBPDS and click on the “check status online” option on the home page and enter the required information such as your District, Block / Municipality, Last 8 digit of application number, and also 16 Digit of the application number and click on the “search option” and the status of your ration card will be displayed on your screen.
WBPDS Ration Card Department Details & Information
For further queries you can refer to the below the below mentioned information which is as follows:
Name of the Department: The Food and the Civil Supplies Department
Address: The Food and the Civil Supplies Department APC Road, Syam Bazar Kolkata Pin Code-740004
Contact Number: 033 55337639
Official Website: https://wbpds.gov.in