Last updated on February 8th, 2018 at 06:59 pm
The Aadhaar card has been made mandatory KYC (Know Your Customer) document for all the existing bank accounts. Aadhaar is also mandatory if a person wants to open a new bank account. The most important feature of the Aadhaar card is the Aadhar number which is a 12 digit number that is unique to all individuals. Besides this, the Aadhaar acts as an all in one document because it can be used not only as an identity proof but also as the proof of address of an individual. Further, it also contains the biometric details of a person. The Aadhaar is first of all backed by the government, secondly, the information available in the Aadhaar card is well authenticated at the time of the enrollment process.
The Yes bank was founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapoor in the year of 2004. Today it is the fifth largest bank in India with 630 branches and 2000 ATMs all over the country. The bank won the title of “India’s fastest growing bank of the year” at the Bloomberg UTV Financial Leadership Awards of 2011.
Further, it bagged the title of Bank of the Year in a 2015 publication of the “Banker”, London. In a survey conducted by the Trust Research Advisory, YES bank won the 3rd position in the Trust report. It must also be noted that YES bank also won the “Golden Peacock Innovative Produce/service” award in 2017.
|Some Relevant Links|
|Yes Bank Saving Account||Click Here|
|Yes Bank Credit Card Customer Care Number||Click Here|
|Yes Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
The account holder can link Yes bank account with the Aadhaar card via two ways, that is, either online or offline. The details of both the process are given below:
For this, the account holder must first register in the official website of Yes bank. The following steps must be taken in the lining process;
- Visit the official website of Yes bank: www.yesbank.in
- log into the website using the username and the password.
- Click on “request” and then select “view/update Aadhaar”.
- Fill the Aadhaar number in the appropriate space and again re-enter it.
- After accepting the terms and conditions click on “submit’
- You are required to fill in the OTP that you will receive to the registered mobile number.
- After verifying the details the bank account will be automatically updated in the bank records and an e-mail and SMS will be sent to the user about the same.
The account holder can also link their YES bank account with the Aadhaar card by visiting the nearest bank branch. In this process, the original, as well as the copy of the Aadhaar card and bank’s passbook, must be carried while visiting the bank. The following steps must be taken to complete the task:
- Visit the nearest Yes bank branch and fill in the application form for the Aadhaar link with the bank account.
- After completing the application form it must be submitted to the bank authorities.
- The bank might ask for the document for verification. The documents will be returned once the verification process is completed.
- Once the verification is completed the bank authorities will link the Aadhaar card with the bank account.
- The account holder will be confirmed about the same via SMS or an e-mail id which has been registered in the bank’s database.
How Aadhaar Card Is Different From Other Cards
The Aadhaar scheme is undoubtedly one of world’s biggest biometric system. In India there are a number of government-backed cards and the Aadhaar card is not meant to replace all these cards. Some of the unique features which make Aadhaar different from all the other cards are:
- Universality: The Aadhaar is like an all in one document which comprises of the identity details, address details as well as biometric details of an individual. Further, it acts a universal card that can use in any place in India.
- For day to day services: The Aadhaar is a compulsory document for almost all the day to day services. The government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with SIM cards, with bank accounts, for making big transactions, to open a bank account etc.
- Government schemes and subsidies: The Aadhaar card is compulsory to avail government subsidies in groceries like LPG, sugar, rice, kerosene etc. Further, the government has also made Aadhaar mandatory to avail government schemes like MNREGA, welfare schemes, government scholarships etc.
If you have already linked your Aadhaar Card with YES Bank Account. Visit here to know how to check Aadhaar and Bank Account link status.