PAN also called as Permanent Account Number consists of a 10 digit alpha-numeric number. It is used as an Identity Proof and is issued under Income Tax Act 1961. The PAN Card is issued by the Income Tax Department under the supervision of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). PAN is one of the most important official document that every taxpayer have with them. PAN Card helps in carrying out high-valued transactions. PAN Card is also issued to the Foreign Nationals like investors as a subject to a valid Visa, unlike Aadhaar number and Driving License.
The PAN is important for major functional transactions like opening a bank account, ITR Filing, receiving Taxable Salary, Sale or Purchase of Assets etc.
Due to the heavy usage, there is quite a lot of chance to misplace or lose the card somewhere. A lost PAN Card can be very risky but the Government has contributed enough of the facilities to avail a Duplicate PAN Card.
|Some Important Links Related To The PAN Card|
|PAN Card Information||Click Here|
|Apply For The PAN Card||Click Here|
|Track PAN Card Application Status||Click Here|
|Form 49A||Click Here|
|PAN Card For NRI||Click Here|
|PAN Card Correction/Update||Click Here|
|Check PAN Card Number||Click Here|
|Apply For Duplicate PAN Card||Click Here|
|PAN Card Link With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
Steps To Apply For A Lost PAN Card
If you have lost your PAN Card then follow these simple steps to get it reprinted.
- Visit the official website of TIN-NSDL: www.tin-nsdl.com and go to the section “Online Application of PAN”.
- Now choose the option “Reprint of PAN Card”. This option is meant for the lost and stolen PAN Card.
- When you click on the link, you will be redirected to another page, where you need to click on the link “Online Application For Changes/ Correction in PAN data link”.
- Now, when you click on the link, you will be redirected to the page where the guidelines and instructions are viewed. Click Next after reading the instructions.
- Now you can fill in the application form. Provide the details like the Permanent Account Number Details, Name, Communication Address, Telephone Number, email ID etc. Documents such as photograph and ID Proof must be submitted along with the form. The applicant must submit it before the submission of the form.
- You can either submit the form online otherwise can post it to NSDL, along with the required documents.
- The payments are on the basis of your communication address, if you are staying within the country then you need to pay an amount of Rs 107. If you are staying outside India then you need to pay an amount of Rs 989.
- Accepts Net Banking, Debit cards, Credit Cards mode of payments if done online. If done offline then a demand draft is done for the payment.
- When your payment is successful, an acknowledgment number is provided along with the form. This acknowledgment number can be used in future to track down the application status.
- Then after, a duplicate PAN with the same PAN details will be sent to the registered communication address.
The Government in the last budget introduced a new law which said that it is mandatory to link PAN Card with Aadhaar. The last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31st December 2017.