PM-JAY: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana on 23rd September 2018 in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The scheme is under Ayushman Bharat Mission which has the benefits cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. PM JAY will target more than 10 crore families belonging to the poor and vulnerable population on the basis of the SECC database. SECC database is Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011 according to which the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM JAY) will be chosen.
Important Features of PM JAY
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has its several benefits for the people of the country. The details regarding the salient features of PM JAY is available below.
- PM JAY will have a benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. This will cover pre and post-hospitalization charges as well as all secondary care and most of the tertiary care procedures.
- There will be no restriction on family size & age and the beneficiary will receive a defined transport allowance per hospitalization as well.
- The beneficiary can avail the cashless benefits under PM JAY Scheme in any Public or Empanelled Private hospitals across the country and get free treatment.
- All the pre-existing conditions will be recovered from Day 1 of the policy.
- The beneficiary need not pay money for treatment in case of hospitalization.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana automatically covers all the family members of the eligible beneficiary as per latest SECC database.
- The payments for treatment will be done on the package rate in order to control costs. It will be a paperless, cashless transaction for the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary has to carry any Prescribed ID to receive treatment at the hospital.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM JAY) – Eligibility
To avail the benefits of PM-JAY, one should fall into the category of eligible beneficiary. A person whose record is available in the SEC database is eligible for PM JAY Scheme. However, the scheme automatically covers the family members of the beneficiary irrespective of family size & age. This is a big help for the people who are not able to carry the expense of the treatments. Read the steps to check the PM JAY Eligibility from below.
- Visit the website of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana that is www.abnhpm.gov.in.
- On the home page, you will find ‘AM I Eligible’
- Then click on the button and a new window will open asking for Mobile Number and OTP.
- After that fill your Mobile Number, Captcha Code & click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- You will receive an OTP on your Mobile Number.
- Hence fill the OTP in the given space, select on the checkbox to accept the conditions & click on the ‘submit’ button.
- After that, a Search window will open wherein one can find his/her detail.
- Then select the state where you are residing from the drop-down menu.
- Further, choose the category from the available options in the drop-down.
- You can search your details by choosing the category such as Name, Ration Card Number, Mobile Number, RSBY URN & can check your eligibility.
Number of Beneficiaries of PM JAY Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana scheme will target 10.74 crores (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) rural families and identified an occupational category of urban workers families depending the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data covering both rural and urban. Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) will cover all districts of all the States/UTs in order to provide the benefit to the person in need. All such enrolled families under Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojana (RSBY) that do not feature in the targeted groups as per SECC data will be included as well.
Categories Excluded from PM JAY Scheme
As per the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011, the following beneficiaries are automatically excluded from Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana:
- Owning at least 7.5 acres of land or more with at least one irrigation equipment
- Owns 5 acres or more of irrigated land for two or more crop season
- Owns more than 2.5 acres of irrigated land with 1 irrigation equipment
- Owns a landline phone
- Owns a refrigerator
- House with three or more rooms with pucca walls and roof
- Households paying professional tax
- Households paying income tax
- Any member of household earning more than Rs. 10,000/- per month
- Households with non-agricultural enterprises registered with the government.
- A Household member is a government employee.
- Households having Kisan Credit Card with the credit limit above Rs. 50,000/.
- Households having mechanized 3/4 wheeler agricultural equipment.
- Households having motorized 2/3/4 wheeler/fishing boat.
Categories Covered Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- Total deprived Households targeted for PMRSSM who belong to one of the six deprivation criteria amongst D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, and D7.
- Only one room with Kucha walls and Kucha roof (D1).
- No adult member between age 16 to 59 (D2).
- Female-headed households with no adult male member between age 16 to 59 (D3).
- Disabled member and no able-bodied adult member (D4).
- SC/ST households (D5).
- Landless households deriving a major part of their income from manual casual labor (D7).
- Washer-man/ Chowkidar.
- Electrician/ Mechanic/ Assembler/ Repair worker.
- Shop worker/ Assistant/ Peon in small establishment/ Helper/Delivery assistant / Attendant/ Waiter.
- Transport worker/ Driver/ Conductor/ Helper to drivers and conductors/ Cart puller/ Rickshaw puller.
- Home-based worker/ Artisan/ Handicrafts worker / Tailor.
- Sweeper/ Sanitation worker / Mali
- Coolie and another head-load worker
- Construction worker/ Plumber/ Mason/ Labour/ Painter/ Welder/ Security guard.
- Street vendor/ Cobbler/hawker / Other service provider working on streets
- Domestic worker
- Occupational Categories of Workers.
- Legally released bonded labor
- Primitive tribal groups
- Manual scavenger families
- Destitute/ living on alms
- Households without shelter