Punjab National Bank (PNB) is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company. The bank was brought into being in 1894. It has over 80 million customers, 6,937 branches and 10681 ATMs across 764 cities.
The bank was started with the aim to provide the country with a true national bank which would dedicate itself to working towards the economic interest of the country and play a crucial role in ensuring the country’s growth and prosperity.
The bank also provides various products and services in order to cater to all the banking needs of its customers. Punjab National Bank (PNB) has now made the life of its customers a lot easier and convenient by introducing ‘Account Balance’ checking via various comfortable ways.
In this article we have listed out all the possible through which you can check your PNB account balance.
Ways to Check PNB Account Balance
There are various ways by which one can check Punjab National Bank account balance which are as follows:
PNB offers various banking services through SMS banking facility such as track transactions made using your debit card / credit card, receive an OTP (One Time Password) in order to authorize online transactions, request for a balance enquiry etc
You can opt for SMS banking by getting your mobile number registered at the nearest PNB branch. After that you will have to send a SMS from your phone to 5607040 with the required keyboard
In case of Balance Enquiry you should Type BAL 1928365XXXXXXXXX and send it to 5607040
You can also perform this task by calling to customer care, follow the below mentioned points for the same:
- SMS Pattern: BAL <Space> “16 digit account number” and send it to 5607040
- You will receive a reply SMS from the bank that contains your account balance details
- You can also get a Mini Statement by following this method i.e. MINSTMT <Space> 16 digit account number and send it to 5607040
There are many benefits of SMS banking such as:
- You don’t even need a smart phone to avail the service.
- You can track your account anywhere, anytime; round the clock
- You can also detect any unauthorized access to your accounts
Via Missed Call
If you are a Punjab National Bank (PNB) customer, you can avail the missed call facility. For that all you have to do is register your mobile number with the bank.
To know you account balance you can give a missed call to toll – free number 1800 180 2223 and cut the call on your own and your account balance will be sent on your phone in seconds.
Also note that you will have to give missed call only from your registered mobile number.
There are many benefits of Punjab National Bank missed call facility which are as follows:
- The call is free of cost; there are no charges applicable for the same
- You can get last clear balance in the account
- It is absolutely convenient, safe and secure way to get account balance
Via Internet Banking
Like many other major Indian banks, PNB also offers internet banking to its customers. Online banking is considered to be the most convenient way of banking as one can bank round the clock even from the convenient of their home. There are multiple benefits of internet banking; one of which is checking account balance.
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to check your account balance via internet:
- Log in to the official website of PNB www.pnbindia.in
- Enter User ID and Password
- After log in you will be taken to your account and there you can check your account balance
There are many benefits of Internet Banking which are as follows:
- By banking through Internet Banking facility you can keep all your balance and transaction search history for future use
- You can also get e – statements and statement preferences
- Through Internet banking you can easily pay your bills, can transfer funds between accounts etc
- It is also fast and efficient. You can transfer funds from one account to the other very fast.