Applying for a Passport is the most headache thing for anyone. But, thanks to the Government of India who made this process quite simpler and stress-free. Recently, the Government of India has minimized the procedure length of applying for a Passport. Usually, it has been found that the issuance of Passport procedure is quite hectic for the Government employees, PSU employees or Autonomous bodies and so on.
They get stuck in between few documents. The Government employees find it very difficult to obtain an Identity Certificate (IC) or Non-Objection Certificate (NOC). Therefore, to fix this issue, the Government has introduced a new feature called “Prior Intimation Letter”. The applicant who is applying for the passport can just send this letter to the Controlling Authority before the submission of their application. Adopting this action can lead to a faster and less complicated process.
Application Process for Applying for A Passport For The Government Employees
Its mainly observed that the Government employees find it hard to issue a Passport. It can be due to the number of documents required or maybe due to the waiting for long long hours in front of the Passport Seva Kendra Office. The old procedure system for the Passport had a lot of things to do. Earlier, the employees have to obtain a NOC Certificate from their employer. Then visit the Passport Seva Kendra for a prior appointment. Then after the NOC is presented and the Passport process still starts to take up. Then the police verification is done at the later stage.
But, the latest version is more petite and simple. The Government has reduced some of the privileges and compressed the application procedure. The Ministry of External Affairs adopted this measure since it’s a one-way mode of communication from the employee saying he/she is applying for the Passport.
- If you are applying for the Passport then you need to submit the “Prior Intimation Letter” to your Controlling Authority or the administration. You need to inform them that you are applying for the passport.
- If the administration or the authority has any objections, they can directly report them to the Regional Passport Office.
- The Passport process remains the same as usual. It is the same as that for the regular applicants.
- Family members of the employees will also undergo the same procedures for applying for a Passport.
- The Applicants must register themselves in Passport Seva Website: www.passportindia.gov.in.
- After registering, fill in the required application form and submit.
- Once the application is successfully submitted, proceed to make the payment.
- When you are done with the payment, book an appointment.
- At the time of the appointment, the applicant must be physically present in the Passport Office.
- After that, you need to collect the token and submit all the documents, provide the biometrics and the photographs.
- The passport officials will then complete the verification process and issue a receipt.
- The Passport Verification may or may not be required depending on the documents you submit.
- Later, after all, above procedures, the Passport is then couriered to your given address.
Passport Application Fees For The Employment
Scheme Booklet Fee Normal 36 pages Rs 1500 Tatkal 36 pages Rs 3500
Documents Required For The Passport Application
The Government Employees can submit the following documents for the Passport Application
- Copy of the Prior Intimation Letter to the administrator or the authority.
- NoC from the Controlling Authority or the Administrator.
- Identity from the controlling authority or the Administrator.
After submitting the application online, there is an option available to view the saved/submitted application. You can then Pay and Schedule the appointment as per your need. In order, to book an appointment, the payment must be done successfully. The Passport Seva Kendra uses the SBI Portal. You can use any one of the following-
- Debit Cards (Visa/Master Card)- You will be charged 1.5%+ service tax.
- Credit Card (Visa/ Master Card)- You will be charged 1.5%+ service tax.
- Internet Banking (SBI and Associate Banks)
- SBI Challan- No change – the Fees should be deposited at the nearest SBI Branch after 3 hours of