Last updated on November 24th, 2017 at 07:42 pm
The Indian Railways has recently clarified a bunch of rumors regarding the Aadhaar and IRCTC Linkage. There were many rumors about Aadhaar saying that Aadhaar linking is mandatory for the online booking of the railway tickets. But the Indian Railways clarified all the rumors making a statement that “The E-Booking facility without Aadhaar is very much functional”.
The IRCTC has explained on its website that, if a person crosses a limit of booking six tickets in a month then the person would be asked for the UID number.
And if you link your Aadhaar with your IRCTC Account then you can book up to 12 tickets in a month.
If in case you are confused and stuck as how to link your Aadhaar with the IRCTC, then the procedure is quite simple and it is done online.
How to Link Your Aadhaar Number with the IRCTC Account
- Visit the IRCTC e-ticketing official website.
- Then log in using your User ID and Password.
- Now go to the “Profile Tab” section located at the top right portion of the website.
- Go to the profile section and click on the Aadhaar KYC. After clicking on that link, you will be redirected to a new page.
- Here you have to enter your 12-Digit Aadhaar number and then click on “Send OTP”.
- You will soon receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification.
- After the OTP Verification, your IRCTC will be Aadhaar verified.
- Soon after the completion, you will receive a message “Your KYC details have been updated successfully”.
Earlier, to make the transportation easier the Ministry of Railways have allowed M-Aadhaar to be the proof of identity card for all the passengers who are traveling in any reserved class.
The M-Aadhaar app is an application which is launched by the Unique Identification Authority of India. Here the person can download his/her Aadhaar card. The app lets you carry your demographic details like the name, date of birth, gender, address and photograph that is linked with the Aadhaar number.