The Employee Provident Fund Organization has made it mandatory to link their Aadhaar number with the EPFO and UAN account. This decision made by the Government has created a beam of worriment among the EPFO officials. Now the EPFO has started to provide all the benefits to the deserving beneficiaries directly into their respective bank accounts.
If in case you have not linked your Aadhaar with the bank account then you cannot avail the facilities that are provided by the EPFO. If you pretty confused about the process of how to link your Aadhaar with the bank account then, this article will help you to understand and know the step by step procedure of how to link Aadhaar with the UAN account.
The UAN is providing two modes to link the Aadhaar- Online and Offline. The official website of the EPFO is www.epfindia.gov.in
Before getting to the process let us first know about the benefits of linking Aadhaar with the UAN and EPFO Account
The benefits of linking Aadhaar with the EPFO and UAN is the biggest KYC document. It contains the necessary details like
- Date of Birth
- Address and
- Merging the UAN numbers into a single UAN is possible and easy to use.
- Linking Aadhaar will cover many documents like it acts as both Proofs of identity as well as Proof of Address.
- At the time of the withdrawal process, it will help EPFO to easily verify the KYC credentials.
- A copy of PAN Card which must be self-attested.
- One canceled cheque of your account. This is the requirement of the account details like Account holder’s name, IFSC Code etc.
- A copy of Aadhaar that is self-attested.
The step by step procedure of linking Aadhaar with EPFO and UAN are as follows
- Visit the official website of EPFO- www.epfindia.gov.in
- On the homepage of the screen, go to the section and select “Our Services” and on further clicking select “For Employees“.
- A new page will pop up and will guide you to the next page where under the “Services” section, the members have to click on the “UAN Member e-sewa link” option.
- After clicking on this link, it will redirect you to a page called “Welcome Members“, where you have to login yourself in the login section and enter the UAN and the password.
- After entering the UAN and the Password. Click to sign in.
- After signing in, the applicant’s home page will open.
- Now go to the Profile section and you will find an option called “Update KYC information”. Click on that link.
- In the update KYC information, you have to enter the PF number in the “Current Member ID“.
- After entering the PF number, you will have to upload the soft copies of all the documents that are mentioned.
- After successfully uploading your documents you will have to wait for the approval that you’re linking is successful.
The required time for successful submission of the Aadhaar Card details is around 15-20 days.
For linking Aadhaar with EPF and UAN offline, the EPFO has recently launched a facility for all the members to update Aadhaar through offline. The EPFO has introduced a facility called “Aadhaar seeding” with the support of the Common Service Centers (CSC) and CDAC. All you have to do is visit the nearest field offices of EPFO or the CSC outlets along with the required documents to link Aadhaar with UAN.
The documents that are required for the Aadhaar seeding with UAN and EPF are:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Copy of a PAN Card
- IFSC Code of the Given Bank
- Copy of the Aadhaar card and
- The Bank Account Number
How to Update Aadhaar in EPF/UAN Portal
- The first step is to log in to the official portal.
- After login, on the homepage, there is a menu section where there is another sub-section named “Manage“.
- Now click on the “Manage Section” and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on the “KYC“.
- After clicking on the KYC, it will lead you to a different page where you can find different sections for updating. Let us click and select the “Aadhaar” section.
- After selecting the Aadhaar section, it will give you the access to update the details like Document Number, Name as per the document.
- Now finally, click on the Save button to end up the process. It will show the Aadhaar pending KYC information.