Last updated on December 27th, 2017 at 07:24 pm
The Aadhaar card comprises of a 12-digit unique identification number which is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. This 12 digit number is unique to every individual and is the most important feature of the Aadhaar card. Besides this the Aadhaar card also acts as a valid identification card comprising of both the demographic as well as biometric details of an individual. The data provided in a Aadhaar card is not only verified by UIDAI at the time of Aadhaar enrollment but the information is also saved in the UIDAI software.
Thus, keeping in mind, the all these important features of the Aadhaar card the government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with the individual’s bank account. At the same time linking Aadhaar with the bank account comes with a number of advantages like for instance if a person is eligible for any government scheme like MNREGA, Prime minister’s Dhan Jan Yojna etc. will be directly credited to a person’s bank account.
The Unique Identification Authority of India works under the authority of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. The UIDAI was set up by the Aadhaar act 2016.Before becoming a statutory body, the UIDAI worked as a part of the planning commission. Later in 2015 with the revision of the business rules, the government decided to make UIDAI a part of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
The UIDAI was set up with the primary role to issues a unique identification number to every individual in India. This Unique number is provided in the Aadhaar card. This number is provided to an individual after thorough check of an individual’s identification. Thus, the Aadhaar ensures the elimination of fake identities and also identification of an individual in an easy and cost-effective way.
Oriental Bank of Commerce
The Oriental Bank was founded by Rai Bahadur Lala Sohan Lal in the year of 1943 in Lahore, Pakistan. After partition, the bank shifted its head office to India. The bank gives credit to its employees for its success. It must be noted that during 1970 to 1976, the bank went through a rough phase forcing the bank’s leaders to sell the bank, however with the help of its employees, the bank again improved its position and the bank’s leaders changed the idea of it selling off.
In 1980 the Bank was nationalized and 2004 the bank acquired the Global Trust Bank. After the merger of the two banks the bank’s branches increased to 1092.
Customers of Oriental Bank of Commerce have the option of linking their Aadhaar card through four methods, they are, via online portal, via SMS, via ATM and the offline process. The details of all the four methods are given below:
- Offline method: The offline method requires the account holder to visit the bank branch. Further, this method also requires the account holder to carry a photocopy and the original Aadhaar card and bank’s passbook. After this the following steps must be taken to ensure Aadhaar-bank account linking:
- Fill the Application form to link Aadhaar with the bank account available at all bank branch. All the details must be correctly filled.
- After filling the form, it must be submitted to the branch officers
- The bank might ask for the documents for verification. After the verification is completed the bank will hand over the documents to the account holder.
- Once the verification is completed the account will be linked with Aadhaar manually by the bank officers
- After the linking process is done a confirmation mail or SMS will be sent to the account holder.
- Online method: In order to link Aadhaar using the online portal an account holder will first have to register himself or herself in the online portal. The following steps must be taken in order to link Aadhaar with the bank account via the online portal:
- Visit the official website of Oriental Bank of Commerce :www.obcindia.co.in and then log in using the username and password
- Click on “menu” option on the website and then click on “Activity”.
- Select “Aadhaar registration” under “activity” option
- Select the account number with which you wish to link your Aadhaar
- After this, provide the 12-digit Aadhaar number for confirmation.
- After this click on the checkbox. A confirmation mail or SMS will be sent to the account holder once the Aadhaar is successfully linked with the account
- Via SMS: A person can link Aadhaar with his or her bank account by registering with the bank’s SMS services. To complete the process of linking, a SMS in the format of UID14 followed by the 12-digit Aadhaar number must be sent to 9915622622.
- Via ATM: The following steps must be taken to link Aadhaar with bank account via ATM:
- Visit a OBC ATM and Swipe the ATM card in the machine and provide the ATM PIN.
- After this select the “other request” option displayed on the screen and then select “Aadhaar number seeding”
- Select “yes” and provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- The ATM will ask to provide the Aadhaar number again for confirmation
- Once all the details are accepted by the ATM and message will be displayed on the screen confirming that the request for Aadhaar seeding has been successfully registered
- After the completion of the process an acknowledgement slip will be provided confirming the request.
To check Aadhaar and Bank Account linking status Read about it here :Services offered by the UIDAI Official website.
- How to Link Aadhaar with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with KVB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with LVB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Bandhan Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with CITI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with BOB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with BOI Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Andhra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Dena Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with PNB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Federal Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with IndusInd Bank Account