Last updated on November 24th, 2017 at 07:42 pm
Government of India (GoI) have mandated Aadhaar card for number of services to maintain transparency in the system. Recently government has requested everyone to link their Aadhaar cards with their bank accounts as well. This step has been taken to ensure that the deserving people can get their subsidies and benefits provided by the government directly into their bank accounts.
Regarding the matter one of the RBI official also stated that
Government have also fixed a deadline for the linkage i.e. December 31st, 2017. Not adhering to this deadline, your account can be making unoperational temporarily, till the time you link your Aadhaar with your bank account.
To know more about Aadhaar and Bank Account linkage click here.
In this article, we have discussed ways to link your Aadhaar with India Post Savings Bank Account. Keep reading to know more about the linkage.
How to Link Aadhaar card with India Post Bank account through India Post Branch
If you are not well – versed with internet, you can also finish the linking procedure in person:
- Visit your nearest India Post Bank branch along with your Aadhaar card copy and bank passbook.
- Ask for the Aadhaar linking form from the branch official and fill in the form by entering correct details and submit it to the branch official.
- Once submitted, you will be provided with an acknowledgement form confirming your request to link Aadhaar card with India Post bank account.
- Once bank has processed your application, you will receive a notification via your registered mobile number through SMS
How to Link Aadhaar card with India Post Bank account through India Post ATM
India Post Bank offers the facility to link Aadhaar card through ATM as well. Read below to know the procedure:
- Visit your nearest India Post bank ATM branch and swipe your ATM / Debit card and enter your 4 digit ATM / Debit number in order to authenticate.
- Go to the “Other Services” and select “Aadhaar Seeding“.
- Now you will be required to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Accept terms and click on submit.
- And receive an acknowledgement Slip seeding request will be printed.
How to Link Aadhaar card with India Post Bank account through India Post Internet Banking
In order to avail this facility you will require having internet banking. If you have that, read below to know the process of linking Aadhaar card with India Post Bank account:
- You are require to login to your Internet banking using his / her user ID and password.
- On the home page, look for “Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking” and click on it.
- Now provide your 12 digit Aadhaar number in the respective field and select your savings account for which Aadhaar number is to be linked.
- To know further, click on “Inquiry“.