Last updated on November 24th, 2017 at 07:42 pm
In a recent mandate, the government has passed an order making it compulsory for all banks and financial institutes in India to ensure that all their customers are Aadhaar compliant. The Aadhaar card is issued by UIDAI, which is a statutory body formed by an act of the Parliament. The most important feature of the Aadhaar card is that it comprises of a 12 digit unique number that is different for every individual. Besides this, the Aadhaar card also acts as the identity proof which comprises of the demographic as well as the biometric details of an individual. The above rule applies to all the banks in India including the Catholic Syrian Bank.
Catholic Syrian bank is headquartered at Thrissur, Kerala, India(Check its PIN Code Here). The bank was founded on 26 November 1920 and was inspired by the Swadeshi movement that was going during that period. It started its operation with a net capital of Rs. 5 lakh. Since its very inception, the bank is known for providing excellent service and for taking technologically driven initiatives for customer satisfaction. It was included in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India in 1934. In its 9 decades of working the bank has given much emphasis on the mechanization as an effective tool of management. Today the bank has 430 branches and 240 ATMs all over the country.
How To Link Aadhaar With Catholic Syrian Bank
There are two ways of linking Aadhaar with the Catholic Syrian Bank, the account holder can either visit the bank branch or link it via the bank’s online portal. The details on how to link the bank account with the Aadhaar card is given below:
Steps to link Aadhaar with bank account via online portal
To use the online portal the user needs his user id, password, and 12 digit Aadhaar card number. The following steps will link Aadhaar card with the Catholic Syrian Bank account:
- Go the official website of Catholic Syrian Bank: www.csb.co.in
- You can log in using your user id and password.
- After logging in click on “registration of Aadhaar number in internet banking” in the homepage of the website.
- Enter the Aadhaar number in the appropriate field and click on “submit”
- Once the verification process is completed a mail or an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Steps to link Aadhaar with CSB bank account by visiting the bank branch
In order to link the Aadhaar card with CSB bank account offline, the account holder is required to take the original as well as the copy of the Aadhaar card and the bank’s passbook. The following steps must be taken in the linking process;
- Visit the nearest bank branch of Catholic Syrian Bank
- You are required to fill in the application form for the linking process.
- After filling in all the details you can submit it to the bank authorities.
- The bank authorities might ask for the documents for verification.
- Once the verification is done the documents will be returned back.
- After the application process is over the Aadhaar card will be linked to the bank Account by the bank’s authorities.
- You will be confirmed about the same either via SMS or by email which is pre-registered with the bank.
Read more about How to check status of Aadhaar and Bank Account link here @ Services Offered by the UIDAI Official website.