The Employment Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar number with the EPF account. The Employment Provident Fund Organization has introduced a lot of features online. Some of the features are like you can check your PF account balance, statements, submit PF claims, partial withdrawal of money from your PF account and much more. But to avail these facilities online you need to get the Aadhaar linked with the Universal Account Number (UAN) and Employment Provident Organization Account (EPFO).
Since Aadhaar has always been an important document in every platform be it official or unofficial. It is also an important document for Know Your Customer (KYC) verification because it contains the important details like name, address, date of birth, a photo of a person. Nowadays, the EPFO is serving with a lot of benefits to the deserving beneficiaries directly to their bank account. So, the linking of Aadhaar with the UAN will assimilate all your PF accounts from different employees to one.
How to link Aadhaar Card with UAN (Online)
The Government of India, in its Digital India drive wants to take major portions of EPFO operations online. In a recent Press release the Ministry of Labour and Employment has declared August 2018 as the deadline to take all the operations of EPFO online. Linking with a unique bio metric identity i.e. Aadhaar is the backbone of this operation.
Want to link Aadhaar Card with EPF Account, please follow the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of EPFO – www.epfindia.com
- Log in using your UAN number and Password. You need to activate your UAN number.
- Once you Log in. At the top of the page, there will be a manage section. Select the KYC option located under the Manage Tab/Section.
- Once you are done selecting the KYC tab section, you will find an online form mentioning different options to update like Bank Details, PAN details, Driving License, Ration Card etc.
- you can get all your documents update here if you want to update only the Aadhaar Card then enter the Aadhaar number and the name appears. Now click on Save.
- Now your Aadhaar is linked with the UAN.
Offline Procedure to Link Aadhaar Card with EPF Account
It is seen that many of them are having technical issues and putting out complaints regarding the online system of linking Aadhaar with EPF. So, the EPFO has decided to introduce the offline system. The offline mode facility is known as “Aadhaar Seeding Application” with the help of Customer Service Center (CSC)
All you have to do is visit the nearby offices of EPFO and CSC outlets along the compulsory documents- Universal Account Number (UAN) and a copy of PAN card.
To know how to link your Aadhaar Card to Bank Accounts Check https://rupeenomics.com/aadhaar-seeding-bank-account/
Now link Aadhaar with Mobile Number using OTP – Read More