Last updated on November 9th, 2017 at 04:15 pm
Ration card is an important document in India through which one can avail basic necessities like food grains and fuels at subsidized rates. It also works as an identity proof which helps in getting other government documents such as PAN (Permanent Account Number) card, act as a proof of address and an income proof.
The Civil Supplies Department of Kerala government launched an online system for submission of application forms for new Ration Cards which will bring immense convenience to the people of Kerala.
Types of Ration Cards in Kerala
- Non Priority Subsidy
- Non Priority
How to Apply for a Kerala Ration Card
Offline Method to apply for a Kerala Ration Card
There is still large number of people in our country who prefers to complete the procedure in person. For them the traditional method of application is still available.
- To begin with, visit TSO / DSO office to purchase an application form and for that you will have to pay a nominal amount of Rs. 5.
- Now fill the application form properly and visit the Taluk Supply Office with the filled up form and your old Ration card.
- And provide the documents such as residential certificate issued by LSG office (Panchayat, Municipality, and Corporation), Reduction / Surrender Certificate / non – renewable certificate from the TSO from where you belong previously, income certificate issued by village officer and declaration
- Verification will take place and upon the successful verification you will issued with your new ration card within 15 days.
Online Method to apply for a Kerala Ration Card
Online procedures are the most convenient ways as one does not require visiting the designated office and waiting in long queue, one can simply apply for a ration card from the comfort of their home. To apply for a ration card in Kerala, all you need is a secured internet connection. To apply for a ration card and register as an applicant in Kerala visit the official website of Kerala Civil Supplies and follow the below mentioned steps:
- In case you have a ration card and want to register into the website, you are required to enter the bar – code number, which you will find on the last page of your card.
- In case you don’t have a ration card you are required to fill up the user details and submit the registration form.
- Now on the page you are in, an activation link will be displayed. Click on the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate the account
- And login to the website using your user ID and password which you have provided at the time of the registration.
- Now if you don’t have a ration card, there will be three options available for you which are issue of new ration card, Non inclusion certificate and Non renewable certificate
- In case you have a ration card, thirteen functions would be displayed on your screen which are as follows:
- Choose your required function and click on the “New Application Link”
- After clicking on the above mentioned option, fill up the form with correct date
- Now upload the required documents in PDF format with size less than 250 kb in the application
- Verify all the documents you have attached and also don’t forget to recheck all the information you have provided and take a printout of your application form which you have submitted for further proceedings and also keep a note of the application number and date which you will get once you have submitted the application form successfully
- Now visit the Taluk Supply Office (TSO) along with your original documents, application printout, and the application fees including the cost of the ration card for verification purpose
- You will receive a token number after accepting the application by TSO. Keep this token number for further follow up until you receive your Ration card.
How to know Kerala Ration Card details online
If you want to check the details of your ration card you can do so online. Follow the below mentioned details to know Kerala Ration Card details online:
- To start with the procedure, you are required to log on to the Kerala State Civil Supplies Department’s official website www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in
- Click on “Ration Card Details” on the home page and fill the necessary details and click on “Report” icon
- Now you will redirected to a new page and searches your details on the web page (Depending owner, ward, house number, address etc) and finally you will get ration card details online.