Ahara Karnataka Ration Cards are one of the most important documents as they not only help to get subsidized food grains and fuels but it also works as identity proof in order to get various other official documents provided by the government. In this article we provide complete information about Ahara Karnataka Ration Card.
Karnataka Government had made it very easy and simple to apply for a Ahara ration card. It only requires to first register as state’s resident followed by verification by the officials and your application will be further processed under various registration departments belonging to Karnataka state service.
According to reports Karnataka’s largest city Bangalore has the highest number of applicants for ration card.
Another type of ration card in Karnataka is Antodaya Anna Yojana which is issued to the poorest families from rural areas and urban slums.
There are various types of ration cards in Karnataka. For say, Green Cards and Yellow cards are given to rural households and urban slums i.e. BPL (Below Poverty Line) families.
On the contrary, Karnataka Government also provides “Honorary Ration Cards” which are meant for privileged families living in urban areas and does not require ration in subsidized rates. However, they are still provided with this card for the identification purpose as it still works as a valid identity proof in India.
|Important Links Related To Karnataka (Ahara) Documents|
|Apply For The New Ahara Ration Card||Click Here|
|Apply For Karnataka Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Check Karnataka Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
|Check Karnataka Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Karnataka||Click Here|
|Link Karnataka Bank With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
Karnataka Government constantly works towards weeding out unidentified card holes to avoid any misuse.
How To Apply For Karnataka Ration Card Online – ahara.kar.nic.in
There are various types of commodities available that are covered under the KPDS but mostly rice, sugar, kerosene are consumed by the people in Karnataka. The reason why getting these commodities from the Government is beneficial because the price at PDS depot is very less as compared to the marketplace. Any misuse or reselling these commodities is prohibited as per the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act Rules. So to apply for new Karnataka Ration Cards online follow the simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka Public Distribution System (https://ahara.kar.nic.in/) and download the application form for Ration Cards in a prescribed format and get it from the Office of Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
- Fill in the application form and attach the required documents and get the passport photo attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Finally, submit the application form in the nearest Karnataka Ration Card Office. Later, your application form will be enquired by the officials.
- After the submission of the documents, an acknowledgment slip is issued by the Officials. This slip can be used for the future use while checking the application status or while obtaining the Ration Card.
- If all the information provided is correct then the Ration Card will be sent to your given address.
Keep the below mentioned documents handy while applying for a Ahara ration card in Karnataka:
- Residence Proof
- Identity card issued by the Government
- Telephone bill on applicant’s name
- LPG receipt on applicant’s name
- Driving License
- Voter Identity card
- House Tax paid receipt on applicant’s name
- Name in Electoral Roll if Voter id not available
- Rent Agreement on applicant’s name with postal address
- Latest Income certificate
- Recent 3.5 x 4.5 size Photographs
- Yellow card or BPL card
Please note that it is important to receive the acknowledgement slip as it is required while obtaining the ration card.
Ahara Ration Card Application Charges in Karnataka
To obtain a Ahara ration card it requires minimum charges for say, Rs. 5 to get a new Ahara ration card. You are required to pay Rs. 10 to acquire a BPL (Below Poverty Line) ration card and for APL (Above Poverty Line) ration card you have to pay Rs 45 to the concerned department. However, if you wish to receive a digital ration card, you will have to pay additional charges.
Check Ahara Karnataka Ration Card Application Status – ahara.kar.nic.in
It is important to track this important official document after applying. In order to keep a track of your ration card, you are required to visit the official web portal of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department.
Once you visit the official site, Select your respective Area and enter the acknowledgement number/receipt number along with date and registered mobile number, click on the submit option, a new page will appear along with the result stating your Ahara Ration Card application status.
Under TPDS (Targeted Public Distribution System), various types of commodities like rice, wheat, sugar, kerosene etc are covered. It is beneficial for people because by showing this card price will be comparatively less from the marketplace and deserving candidates should apply for a ration card as it is extremely beneficial to them. Any kind of reselling or misuse of the commodity is prohibited as per Prevention of Food Adulteration Act Rules.
How To Download Karnataka Ration Card
Duplicate Ahara Karnataka Ration Card
To get a Duplicate Ahara Ration Card, the cardholder has to submit loss of ration card application along with an affidavit mentioning details related to it. A usual verification will be done by the officials. Issuance fee of duplicate ration card is Rs.15/- for BPL Cards, Rs.25/- for APL cards and Rs.45/- for computerized ration cards.