As we all know that Ration Cards play an important role in everyone’s life. It is a very important document in India, especially for the poor people to buy food grains, sugar, kerosene, wheat and other required products at subsidy rates based on their economic condition or the annual income. The Ration Cards acts as an Official Document which is issued by the Government of India.
Recently, the Karnataka State Government, Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs has introduced various facility related to the Ration Card. They took the application of the Ration Cards to next level. They added a whole lot of features like How to apply for a ration card online, to check application status of a ration card, making the correction in the ration card and so on. In this article, we are going to discuss all the Karnataka Ration Cards starting from its birth to its procedure of applying, types and checking its status.
|Important Links Related To Karnataka (Ahara) Documents|
|Check Ahara Ration Card Status||Click Here|
|Apply For Karnataka Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Check Karnataka Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
|Check Karnataka Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Karnataka||Click Here|
|Link Karnataka Bank With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
- 1 Types of Ration Cards In Karnataka
- 2 Applying For a Ration Card in Karnataka| Ahara Ration card – ahara.kar.nic.in
- 3 Documents Required For Karnataka Ration Card – Ahara Card of Karnataka
- 4 Application Fee for Karnataka Ration Card – Ahara Card Details
- 5 Check the Application Status of the Karnataka Ration Card | Ahara Card Status – ahara.kar.nic.in
- 6 Verification and Renewal Status of Ahara Ration Card via SMS
- 7 Ration Card Department in Karnataka
- 8 More About Ration Cards
Types of Ration Cards In Karnataka
Primary cards are given to the families living in the rural and slum areas. These cards come in Green color whereas, for the BPL (Below Poverty Line) families Yellow cards are issued. The Ration Cards in Karnataka is classified into three types based on their economic condition.
Antyodaya Ration Cards: These Ration Cards are issued to those persons who do not have a stable income especially the old age people or the unemployed people.
Below Poverty Line Ration Cards (BPL): These types of cards are issued to those people whose earning income is less than Rs 10,000 per annum. They are liable to receive food-grains at a very low rate.
Above Poverty Line Ration Cards (APL): These cards are issued to those people who have a higher annual income. These categories of people are not liable for the food grains but they can use this card as their Identity Card.
Applying For a Ration Card in Karnataka| Ahara Ration card – ahara.kar.nic.in
The procedure for applying for a new ration card in Karnataka is quite simple however, the applicants have to follow certain rules and regulations and should come under a certain criteria or slot to satisfy that category. The applicant has to first register themselves as the state residents and then there is a procedure of verification, the application will be processed under various registration department including the Karnataka State Service. Karnataka which has a total of 49 sub-divisions and 30 districts are entitled to grant various services to the residents. Located in the south-west region of India, the administrative tasks such as the Ration Card applications are mainly headed under the supervision of the official administrative department.
The Administration tasks in each district which is headed by the Deputy Commissioner. But nowadays, the registrations can be done online also. The state covers a large portion of the geographical area of India and its inhabitants who speak Kannada or other classical languages come under the umbrella of the Karnataka Ration Card Registration System.
Karnataka’s largest city Bangalore is known to have the highest number of online application for Ration Card. The Ration Card in Karnataka is categorised in various sections which we are going to discuss in the next section.
How To Apply For Karnataka Ration Card Online – ahara.kar.nic.in
There are various types of commodities available that are covered under the KPDS but mostly rice, sugar, kerosene are consumed by the people in Karnataka. The reason why getting these commodities from the Government is beneficial because the price at PDS depot is very less as compared to the marketplace. Any misuse or reselling these commodities is prohibited as per the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act Rules. So to apply for new Karnataka Ration Cards online follow the simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka Public Distribution System (https://ahara.kar.nic.in/) and download the application form for Ration Cards in a prescribed format and get it from the Office of Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
- Fill in the application form and attach the required documents and get the passport photo attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Finally, submit the application form in the nearest Ration Card Office. Later, your application form will be enquired by the officials.
- After the submission of the documents, an acknowledgment slip is issued by the Officials. This slip can be used for the future use while checking the application status or while obtaining the Ration Card.
- If all the information provided is correct then the Ration Card will be sent to your given address.
Documents Required For Karnataka Ration Card – Ahara Card of Karnataka
- Residence Proof
- Identity Card issued by the Government
- Telephone Bill on the Applicant’s name
- LPG Receipt on the applicant’s name
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- House Tax paid receipt in the Applicant’s name
- Name in the electoral roll if Voter ID is not available.
- Rent Agreement
- Latest Income Certificate
- Recent 3.5 X 4.5 Passport Size Photograph
- Yellow Card or BPL Card
Application Fee for Karnataka Ration Card – Ahara Card Details
The application fee for issuing a new card is Rs 5/-. For BPL Cards the charges are Rs 10 and for APL Cards the charges are Rs 45/- by the concerned department.
If you are applying for a Duplicate Card, then the cardholder has to submit an application form meant for the Lost Ration Card along with an affidavit mentioning details related to it. The duplicate will be issued after the inquiry. The charges for the issuance of the Duplicate Ration Card is Rs 15/- for BPL Cards, Rs 25 for the APL Cards and Rs 45/- for the Computerized Ration Cards.
Check the Application Status of the Karnataka Ration Card | Ahara Card Status – ahara.kar.nic.in
If the consumer has applied for a Ration Card then he/she can check the application status online. All you have to do is follow these simple steps to track down your application status:
- Visit the official website of KPDS (Karnataka Public Distribution System)
- Click on the “Ration Card Current Status” on the Home Page.
- Enter your Ration Card Number and your Mobile Number
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, the complete details of your current status of the application form will be displayed on the screen.
Verification and Renewal Status of Ahara Ration Card via SMS
The verification and the renewal status can be done online. The steps are simple and less time-consuming. All you have to do is visit the official website of the Karnataka State Government and you will find different sections regarding the Ration Card application. You can check the application status, applying for renewal of Ration Card and check Renewal status online etc. in a short span of time.
This can be done by registering your Mobile Number at the time of submitting the application form. After the mobile number registration for Ration Card Updates and Status the applicant will get an SMS Alert regarding the procedure of Ration Card Application Form.
Ration Card Department in Karnataka
Name of the Department: Food and Civil Supplies Consumer Affairs
Official Website: ahara.kar.nic.in
Address: Food and Civil Supplies Consumer Affairs Department, Marketing Federation Building, Cunningham Road, Bangalore- 560052
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Toll Free Number: 1967 and 1800-425-9339