The full form of PAN Card is Permanent Account Number. It is an official document. A PAN Card is a 10-digit alpha-numeric permanent number that is issued by the Income Tax Department under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961 under the Supervision of the Central Board for Direct Taxes (CBDT). It is a unique identification number which performs as an identity proof. The card comes in a laminated form. The PAN card is accepted as a Proof of Indian Citizenship. The PAN number is an important document and it is mainly important to carrying out the financial transactions and related activities. Some of them can be opening a bank account, receiving a taxable salary, sales, and purchases of the goods etc. The PAN Card holds the details of the citizen in a unique way.
|Some Important Links Related To The PAN Card|
|PAN Card Information||Click Here|
|Apply For The PAN Card||Click Here|
|Re Apply For Lost PAN Card||Click Here|
|Form 49A||Click Here|
|PAN Card For NRI||Click Here|
|PAN Card Correction/Update||Click Here|
|Check PAN Card Number||Click Here|
|Apply For Duplicate PAN Card||Click Here|
|PAN Card Link With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
- 1 Modes to Track PAN Card Application Status
- 2 Points to Remember while tracking your PAN Card
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions About PAN Card Status Tracking
Modes to Track PAN Card Application Status
Receiving a PAN card takes an approx of 15 working days after applying for it. The Government has made it easier to track down the application status of the PAN Card. Hence to get an update on the movement of the application form of PAN Card, a 15-digit acknowledgment number is provided. Through this an individual can get the current status of the PAN.
You can check your PAN Card Application status in three different ways:
- SMS Facility
- Telephone Call
- Online Tracking Facility
Tracking PAN Card Status Through an SMS Facility
The applicants can track their application status by using a specialized SMS service. The individual must send an SMS in the following way “NSDLPLAN-15-digit acknowledgment number to 57575“. After sending the SMS, you will receive a current status of your application form.
Tracking PAN Card Application Status Through a Telephone Call
Here, the applicants can make a call in the call center and get the details of the current status of the PAN Card. The applicants can call on this number 020-27218080 to know about the status of the PAN card.
Online Tracking of PAN Card Application Status
- The Applicants those who are applying for the PAN Card and want to track down the application status can choose the online facility:tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- The Applicants must log in to the official website for PAN, TIN-NSDL. Once you visit the page, navigate the PAN section on the website. In the page, you can find an option to check your application status.
- The applicant is required to choose the required application type -(New PAN Card or Updated Information) along with a few personal dates and a 15-digit acknowledgment number.
- After providing the following details the website will redirect you to a new page showing your current status of your PAN application.
Points to Remember while tracking your PAN Card
- The applicant can track his/her application status after 3 days of filing the PAN application form.
- You may not find correct details if you track your PAN application status within 3 days.
- Online tracking of PAN is possible only for 24 hours after an application is submitted online.
- Thus, we found out that there are a lot of uses of a PAN Card. PAN Card has quite a lot of advantages. PAN Card also carry transactions which are the normal and high amount. So, you should make no delay to apply for a PAN Card.
Frequently Asked Questions About PAN Card Status Tracking
Question: How Can I know my Acknowledgement number of PAN Card?
When you apply for the PAN Card you are provided with a 15 digit Acknowledgment Number, which will help you to track the status of your PAN Card Application.
It will be sent to email when you apply online or will be on the receipt of your application when you apply offline.
Question: How much time does it take for PAN Card?
Usually. it takes 15-20 days for a newly generated PAN Card to arrive at your doorstep via Mail.
Nowadays, the authorities have started emailing PAN Card applicant with the PAN Card Number that can be used for most of the transaction within 48 hours of Online Application