Last updated on January 2nd, 2018 at 03:53 pm
The Ration Card is one of the most important documents for every Indian citizen. This is an Official Document has is issued by the Government. The Ration card is mainly for the weaker economic sections of the society so that they can get the food grains and other commodities at subsidized rates from the State Government.
The Ration card not only serves for getting commodities at low price rates but also acts as a Proof of Identity as well as the Proof of Residence for the issuance of other Official documents such as the Voter ID, Passport, and Driving License etc. Every State Government has a specified department to look after the issues that are related to the Ration Card.
The Ration card can be updated or upgraded after it has been issued to the entire family. The updating of the card can be done both offline and online. In this article, we will be providing you the step by step procedure to update or correct your Ration Card.
Online Method of Correcting / Updating the Ration Card
- Every State has a separate website for the Ration Card Department. Thus, in order to accept the website you have to visit the Ration card website of that particular state. If you are a first time user then, you need to register yourself to generate the credentials. If you are already a registered user then you can login using the credentials that you had used before for generating the Ration card.
- For making a correction or updating the Ration card a particular form is available on the website. The form is filled online along with correct details. It is essential to enter the correct details. Entering the wrong details can cause rejection of the application form.
- Next, the required documents are uploaded to the website. The website contains the required documents that are needed for the correction and updating purpose. You need to upload them online before submitting the application form.
- Once you are done with the form, submit it online. The system will generate a unique number which can be used for the future purpose such as tracking the status of the application form.
Offline Method of Correcting / Updating the Ration Card
The same procedure can be done offline as well to do some correction or updating a Ration card. The step by step Offline procedure is as follows:
- You can approach the nearest Ration Shop or the Ration Food Supplier and ask them to provide a form for the correction purpose.
- The form of correction or update is readily available and is also available in the local language. The column for the correction and update must be changed.
- Fill in the form with correct details and submit it. Entering the wrong details can lead to the rejection of the application form.
- The Food Supplier Shop will help to submit the appropriate documents which are required for updating / correcting a Ration card. The details are verified by the consumer shop and should be submitted.
- You will receive an acknowledgment number on the application form. The same number can be used to track the status of the application form online.
- Now the Ration card is printed and is sent to you via post to the given registered address.