Aadhaar is a 12 digit Unique Identification Card issued to every eligible individual of India. As Government has mandated this document in order to avail subsidized Government schemes and it is also required for all the financial transactions and filing Income Tax Returns (ITR), it has become a must have document for everyone. If someone doesn’t possess an Aadhaar card yet, visit an enrollment center and apply for it immediately.
To make the procedure easy and convenient for the common people, the UIDAI has opened several Aadhaar enrollment centers in the country which are present in almost every region in the country and are run by registrars appointed by the UIDAI.
Aadhaar Enrollment Center
At present there are more than 25,000 Aadhaar enrollment centers across the nation. Now, one can easily locate Aadhaar enrollment centers on UIDAI website where it has listed the addresses of all the Aadhaar enrollment centers.
Visit the UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/), click on the ‘Aadhaar Enrollment’ section under ‘Aadhaar Online Services’ and Follow the below steps to find Aadhaar Card Enrollment Centers:
1. Search by Area
One can search the Aadhaar enrollment center by state.
- Select your state from the drop down list.
- Next, select your district from the list.Choose your sub-district, if any.
- Move to the next selection- Village Town City (VTC).
- Select the area for which you need the information.
- Put the captcha code and click on ‘Search’
2. Search by PIN Code
One can search the Aadhaar enrollment center by PIN Code
- Insert the PIN Code of your area in the box provided
- Put the captcha code and click ‘Search’.
The list of all enrollment centers coming under the purview of that Pin Code will appear on the screen.
- Search by Name
One can search the Aadhaar enrollment centers by Name of the Locality
- Put the name of the locality in the box provided
- Put the area name, captcha code and click search
The list of Aadhaar Enrollment centers will include the following information-
- Registrar Name/Agency Name
- Complete Address of the centers
- Contact Person Mobile Number
- Last Update Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
- centers Type
- Total Enrolments in last 30 days
- Location on Map
List of documents required in time of the enrollment in Aadhaar Card
Make sure to carry all the necessary documents in time of visit the enrollment centers :
- Proof of Identity
- PAN Card
- Ration/ PDS Photo Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Arms License
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card, etc.
- Proof of Address
- Bank Statement
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), etc.
The UIDAI had also asked the Public and Private Sector banks to start the enrollment process in at least one out of the ten branches. Once implemented there will be more than 12,000 Aadhaar Enrollment Centers in the country.