India’s largest Life Insurer Company (LIC) has come up with a facility to link the Aadhaar and PAN Card with their Policies online. As per the Government Directive, the last date to link Aadhaar with the LIC is 31st December 2017. The IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) had earlier said that it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar number with the Insurance Policies under the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017.
The Life Insurance India (LIC) has listed the steps or the procedure to link the Aadhaar and PAN online on its Official Website.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar and PAN Card with the Policies Online
- Make sure that you have your Aadhaar and PAN Card along with you with the other policies.
- Log in to the LIC’s Website: www.licindia.in
- On the LIC’s Homepage, you can see a section / link where it is displayed to link your Aadhaar and the PAN Card along with the Policies.
- Click on the click and the LIC will provide you a to-do checklist.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Enter the mobile number that is registered with UIDAI.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- If in case your Mobile Number is not updated with Aadhaar, then kindly contact the nearest LIC Branch Office for Aadhaar Linking.
- After you are done with the Checklist reading, click on the proceed button located at the bottom of the page.
- After the submission of all the details in the form, a message is received showing that you have successfully completed the registration for linkage.
After the verification of UIDAI, which issues the Aadhaar Card, a SMS or a confirmation e-mail is sent. The verification process will take few days to complete says the Insurer.