Government has made possessing an Aadhaar number a must for pension schemes as well. The government of India has instructed all the NPS (National Pension Scheme) scheme holders to link their Aadhaar with their NPS Account.
Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar contains demographic and biometric information of a person, hence it is also considered to be a poof of identity as well.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) which manages NPS have taken a number of measures to make the linkage process simple and convenient. They have made the whole procedure online and done away with requirement of submission of a physical application form for opening of an NPS account.
|Some Important Links|
|NPS All Information|
|How To Open NPS Account|
|NPS Statement/Account Balance|
In this article, we will discuss the ways in which one can add their NPS account with their Aadhaar numbers in five simple steps.
How to link Aadhaar with NPS Account
No need to wait in long queues as the subscribers can link their NPS account with their Aadhaar number by just logging into the official NPS website.
Follow the below mentioned steps to link Aadhaar with NPS Account
- Visit the official website of NSDL i.e. https://enps.nsdl.com/
- Log in to your account.
- Click on “Update Details” option and select edit / Add Aadhaar number and enter your Aadhaar number.
- Receive OTP (One Time Password) on your mobile number. You will receive OTP on your mobile number which you have registered with UIDAI).
- After this, you can see your PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) that is linked with your Aadhaar. PRAN is a unique number provided by NPS for all the subscribers which will remain the same for the rest of your life.
In case you are opening the PRAN account for the first time, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of NSDL i.e. https://enps.nsdl.com.
- Enter your Aadhaar details.
- You can change your Aadhaar picture if you choose to.
- Upload your signature.
- Pay a minimum of Rs. 500 in order to open an NPS account. You can complete the payment through debit cards, credit cards, or net banking.
- Once your payment is successfully done, your PRAN account will be generated which is linked to your Aadhaar.
Also, make sure to take the printout of the form. You are also required to sign this printout and attach a photograph and send it to the CRA (Central Record Keeping Agency) within 6 months from the date of PRAN account is generated; else your PRAN will get deactivated temporarily.
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Check UIDAI Official Website Services||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|