Last updated on September 18th, 2017 at 04:08 pm
The Punjab National Bank was formed in the year of 1894 and became operational from 1895 onwards, in Anarkali Bazaar in present day Lahore, Pakistan. The founders of the Punjab National Bank were also ones who led the Swadeshi movement. This founding fathers of PNB includes Dayal Sigh Majithia, Lala Harkrishan Lal, Prabhu Dayal, Lala Dholan Dass etc. During partition, the bank lost around 40% of its total deposits as it had to close around 92 branches in west Pakistan. After the partition, the headquarters of the bank was shifted to Delhi, India. Today the bank has more than 5000 branches all over the country. In the year 2013 the bank ranked 717 in Forbes Global 2000.It was also awarded with the title of “best public-sector bank” by CNBC T.V 18 in the year 2012.
UIDAI refers to the Unique Identification Authority of India. It was established by the Government of India in 2016 under the provisions of the Aadhaar act of 2016.The UIDAI was formed with the responsibility to provide Unique Identification to every citizen of India. This unique identification number is called “Aadhaar”. The Aadhaar card comprises of the demographic as well as biometric data of an individual. The card also comprises of a 12-digit unique number which is stored in the UIDAI centralized database. The UIDAI Official website offers various Online Aadhaar related Services. Read more about these services at this link: Services offered by the UIDAI Official Website
- The Government has made Aadhaar card compulsory to avail any government subsidies. Any government or government sponsored subsidies will be directly credited to the beneficiary’s account.
- Aadhaar card is also a mandatory KYC document to open a bank account. The Aadhaar makes the entire process easy and cost convenient.
- Since the Aadhaar authentication is done by the UIDAI, it eliminates the probability of the use of fake or duplicate id cards during bank transactions.
- All the transaction using Aadhaar enabled payment system is done on the basis of the biometric authentication of the person stored in the UIDAI database.
- Via online portal: The online portal is one of the easiest way to link your Aadhaar card with your bank account. This process however requires a sound internet facility. The online facility can be used by the keeping the following steps in mind:
- Visit the official website of Punjab National Bank: www.netpnb.com
- select “retail user” or corporate user”
- Log in using your user id and password and go to service tab
- Click on “Aadhaar seeding” under the service tab
- Finally, fill the Aadhaar number and select on “submit”
- Via ATM: In order to link the Aadhaar card with a PNB bank account a person is required to visit a PNB ATM. The following steps should be taken while linking Aadhaar card with a PNB bank account using ATM:
- On the main screen of the ATM, select “other services”.
- The account holder is required to enter his or her Aadhaar number and the type of account with which the Aadhaar is to be seeded.
- After providing the Aadhaar number the same will be verified with the information available in the UIDAI database.
- After the authentication process gets completed the Aadhaar card will automatically get seeded with the bank account.
- upon successful completion of the process, the seeding status i.e, successful/failure will be sent to the account holder’s registered mobile number.
- Via bank branch: A person can also visit the nearest bank branch to link his or her Aadhaar card with the bank account. This method requires the account holder to carry the photocopy as well as the original copy of the passbook and the Aadhaar card. The following link should be taken while linking the Aadhaar card with the bank account:
- Fill and submit the application to link the Aadhaar with bank account.
- After submitting the application, the bank will ask for original documents for verification.
- Once the verification process is complete and the linking between the Aadhaar and bank account is done a SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number confirming the same.
- How to Link Aadhaar with Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Federal Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with IndusInd Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with OBC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with KVB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with LVB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Bandhan Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with CITI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with BOB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with BOI Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Andhra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with Dena Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account