Last updated on November 14th, 2017 at 02:58 pm
There have been cases where the people complain about the loss of the enrollment slip of the Aadhaar card. Some of them even lose the Aadhaar card even. In such cases, you might be thinking that it is a huge risk and it would be a great problem to get Aadhaar card back but that’s not true. It is very easy to retrieve your Aadhaar card back just with the help of your name and date of birth. You also require your mobile number and the E-mail ID to retrieve your Aadhaar card.
In this article, we will see how we can retrieve your E Aadhaar just with the help of name and Date of Birth.
The complete procedure is divided into two easy steps. The first step is to find the enrollment ID or the Aadhaar ID and the second step is to download the Aadhaar card with the help of the Enrollment number or the Aadhaar number.
Finding the UID/EID
- To retrieve your UID or the Enrollment ID, you need to visit the UID portal first.
- When you reach the home page of the Portal, there is an option mentioning Retrieve your lost UID/EID Link.
- Click on the above link. The link to the UID Portal is https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- You can directly access by clicking on the above link.
- Once the portal is loaded, select the Aadhaar number which is located in the first column of the Portal.
- Now enter the name, e-mail ID, Mobile number and the Captcha code.
- Once you have entered all the details, click on the send One Time Password.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Now validate the OTP and enter the OTP in the designated box and click on the verify OTP option.
- After the verification process, you will receive the UID number instantly on your mobile number as well as the e-mail address.
- This UID will be used to retrieve your Aadhaar card.
Downloading the Aadhaar Card
- To download the Aadhaar card, visit the residential portal of UIDAI.
- Once the portal is downloaded, select the option Download Aadhaar.
- A new page will be displayed after you click the above link.
- After the new page is displayed, click on the radio button corresponding to the Aadhaar number.
- Now enter the UID number that you have received on your mobile phone.
- It is also required to enter the name and the Pin Code of the residential address.
- Now enter the captcha code and validate your Mobile number.
- After the successful validation, your Aadhaar card will be downloaded.
Usually, this problem arises when your mobile number and e-mail address is not registered with UIDAI. In such cases, you need to visit the Enrollment center as they will help you to retrieve your Aadhaar card without the Aadhaar number or without the Enrollment number.