Keeping track of your LIC (Life Insurance Company) is important and paying a visit to the LIC office for the same every time is also very inconvenient. With our busy lives, we often tend to forget the premium payments, grace and period etc. Hence, it is required to keep a timely check on your policy status.
Earlier, subscribers had to visit the LIC branch or get in touch with an agent to know the status of your LIC Policy. And now, LIC has introduced various online and mobile services through which one can check policy or premium payment status. It is also suggestive to keep your policy number handy while making calls to the customer care or at the time of checking your status online.
How to Check Your LIC Policy Status Online
In order to smooth the transactions, LIC offers various online services. Its e-service helps the subscriber with every function that was once available only through the branches.
To start, subscribers are required to register a user account and fill in details of your policy to view the status. Read below to know how to register for the same:
Registration Process for New Users
In order to register for e-services is available on the LIC home page. In case you are first time user, then you will have to fill out the online registration form and choose your login credentials. In case you have successfully registered, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email ID. Click on the URL provided in the confirmation mail which will redirect you to a page where you can link your policy with the user account. In this page, enter the details of your policy such as policy number, premium amount, date of birth, etc., and click submit. In case of error-free information, then the status of the policy will be displayed instantly. And in case of incorrect information, you will receive an error message and subsequently a reminder of your email address.
Procedure to check Policy Status Online (for Registered Users)
With the online procedures, users can check the details of premium payments, group schemes, accrued bonuses etc by simply logging in to the LIC India Website.
Follow the below mentioned steps for the same:
- Open the LIC India website and click on Online Services option on the main page.
- This will redirect you to the login page where you should select the Registered User option.
- Now enter your username and password and click on go.
- This will open up a page listing out the policy tools for registered customers.
- Now from the mentioned options, select the option View Enrolled Policies.
- This will lead to a page which will display all the policies you have enrolled, along with enrollment date, premium amount, and vested bonuses.
- Now you can view the status of your policy by clicking on the policy number.
Procedure to check policy status without Online Registration
LIC also offers an SMS and phone service which is a convenient way as well as it does not require any internet or a smartphone.
To know the status of your policy through SMS; type ASKLIC followed by the function specific code and send it to 56767877 from your registered number.
For SMS codes refer to the below table:
|Type of Enquiry||SMS code|
|For installment premium||ASKLIC Premium|
|For revival amount||ASKLIC Revival|
|To know bonus additions||ASKLIC Bonus|
|To know the amount of loan available||ASKLIC Loan|
|For nomination details||ASKLIC NOM|
You can also check LIC Policy by calling on the dedicated helpline number:
- Helpline number for MTNL and BSNL users – 12151
- For calls from all other landline and mobile – Dial city code followed by 12151